Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    holy pally has no choice?
    your a tank.
    your a dps.
    your a healer.
    looks like 3 viable choices to me
    if you want to beat a priest in heals then i want priests to get a tank spec then.
    what doesnt sound good to you?
    neither does a priest getting beat in heals to me

@ Glassblown - your comments really aren't helpful or useful. He meant choice in one role - healer - where paladin have always been brilliant single target healers, they arent forced into that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostil View Post
    The problem is, that you argue with only your very own, narrow situation. And you're doing so by just declaring things to be useless out of that narrow, individual point of view. Basing a discussion on this is not really helpful and you won't convince people of your ideas just by saying that things are dull to you personally. And this doesn't really end at the point where you ask leading questions, too. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion and, as stated, it was not my intention to offend you (could this little guy do any harm to anybody?); but please consider going a step farther away from your stand and try to see more than just your style of playing totally messed up by the changes. Sky isn't falling, at least not for everybody.
    Please stay on topic, at this point, you're still not posting anything remotely on the discussion at hand.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cobweb View Post
    @ Glassblown - your comments really aren't helpful or useful. He meant choice in one role - healer - where paladin have always been brilliant single target healers, they arent forced into that any more.
    Exactly, they have holy radiance, light of dawn.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 04:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    You're making it sound like you should never use bubble as a disc priest now when that's far from the case. You simply can't spam it any more unless you want to go oom, it should still be used.
    Using 2-3 shields in a 25 man environment doesn't really have a huge effect. Just means I can just shield the hunters with no survivability cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by cobweb View Post
    Thanks for the assist

So instead of mindless shield spam now you have to pick and choose where and when to use your shields. Sounds like a tough proposition to me. If blizzard has made you have to choose when to use something they are doing something right, I mean look, they gave you an arsenal of spells for a reason. You need to think before you use a spell now, surprise there are consequences (going oom) to making the wrong decisions. Being able to mindlessly spam a spell ,without consequence,for the best results is what they are trying to get away from. By increasing the mana cost of a certain spell, it effectively made you think twice before hitting that button.

oho you have to do things aside from just spam shield.
    for shame!

They also picked up on the holy priests being able to PW: S spam through Body and Soul change, and going in the disc field for better and faster shields, so now that is nerfed too...why cant we bubble spam blizz? because YOU dont like it? this game isnt fun for US when its about what YOU want us to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shields were fixed in a bad way, yes.
    However, the points in the OP are made by a bad priest.
    Train of Thought useless? It's fucking awesome for tank healing.
    Regarding renewed hope, it's as if you don't know that it also works off grace, not only WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize View Post
    I didn't say that nor do I think that. I'm simply saying we lost the ability to make use of one of our prime bread and butter abilities, so now we just resort to prayer of healing or single target healing.
    We didn't lose the ability to make use of it, simply the ability to make highly excessive use of it. In last night's BoT-10N run PW:S & Glyph heal accounted for between 1/3 and 1/2 of my healing done on boss fights, and that was before the latest buff to rapture landed and with no MTT/Innervate/4pc, and only having Replen on one fight.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Shields were fixed in a bad way, yes.
    However, the points in the OP are made by a bad priest.
    Train of Thought useless? It's fucking awesome for tank healing.
    Regarding renewed hope, it's as if you don't know that it also works off grace, not only WS.
    I'm just as progressed as you, so your comment on me being bad isn't really valid.
    Train of Thought is useless in the sense that in a 25 man, people usually run with 2 holy paladins capable of doing primarily the tank healing themselves with other healers doing spot tank healing when needed.
    Also, what does Grace have to do with Renewed Hope? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about there.
    Funny how you call me a bad priest and yet you too resorted to holy shield spam.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    We didn't lose the ability to make use of it, simply the ability to make highly excessive use of it. In last night's BoT-10N run PW:S & Glyph heal accounted for between 1/3 and 1/2 of my healing done on boss fights, and that was before the latest buff to rapture landed and with no MTT/Innervate/4pc, and only having Replen on one fight.
    10 man.
    It's not so bad in ten man, I can agree with you there.
    Last edited by Revitalize; 2011-02-19 at 05:09 PM.

Ooooohhhhh nooooooeeesss the sky is falling!

Let me get my umbrella to keep the wave of QQ tears off of me.

OT: Not just trolling, I think the priest community is in an uproar over something that blizzard is, in fact, still tuning. This is obviously a temporary fix to stop a behavior they deemed was not consistent with their goals. Their first bandaid (increasing the mana cost for disc priest but not for holy) didn't work. Now they're trying another bandaid to get BOTH holy and disc priests to stop bubble-spamming. It's hurt the disc tree, yes, but that means that they will soon try something else.

Can anyone really say they enjoy bubble spam? If you had a choice between using only PW:S or ALL of your spells, wouldn't you go for the latter? Just have some patience and give Blizzard the constructive feedback they need to make better adjustments. In the meantime, stop acting like the sky is falling.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Quote Originally Posted by gnomepatrol View Post
    So instead of mindless shield spam now you have to pick and choose where and when to use your shields. Sounds like a tough proposition to me. If blizzard has made you have to choose when to use something they are doing something right, I mean look, they gave you an arsenal of spells for a reason. You need to think before you use a spell now, surprise there are consequences (going oom) to making the wrong decisions. Being able to mindlessly spam a spell ,without consequence,for the best results is what they are trying to get away from. By increasing the mana cost of a certain spell, it effectively made you think twice before hitting that button.
    damage is coming in! "lol holy radiance" is what i do on my pally
    damage is coming in! "lol bubble spam" i what i like to do on my priest...from blizz "NOU CANT DO THAT WE NO LIKE!!!"
    healin on my pally is faceroll, on my disc priest near impossible...i mindlessly spam a spell on my pally...so they must only be making certain specs make decisions?? Taking the disc bubble islike making resto hots too expensive to use and making them hardcast thier casting moves...

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nartalath View Post
    Ooooohhhhh nooooooeeesss the sky is falling!

Let me get my umbrella to keep the wave of QQ tears off of me.

OT: Not just trolling, I think the priest community is in an uproar over something that blizzard is, in fact, still tuning. This is obviously a temporary fix to stop a behavior they deemed was not consistent with their goals. Their first bandaid (increasing the mana cost for disc priest but not for holy) didn't work. Now they're trying another bandaid to get BOTH holy and disc priests to stop bubble-spamming. It's hurt the disc tree, yes, but that means that they will soon try something else.

Can anyone really say they enjoy bubble spam? If you had a choice between using only PW:S or ALL of your spells, wouldn't you go for the latter? Just have some patience and give Blizzard the constructive feedback they need to make better adjustments. In the meantime, stop acting like the sky is falling.
    I can honestly say only PW:S so what...i liked being able to jump during the whole raid o.0

Deleted
    Also 1% increase is miniscule.
    It's 1% total mana per 12s extra, which equates to a 16.67% boost to rapture. That's not minuscule. In real terms you're looking at about 1200 mana per proc extra, or up to 500 mp5.

Deleted
    1: PW:S is not for pre-shielding the raid,at 1 shield mitigating ~27k dmg that would mean i could mitigate 675k dmg just with that granted i can pull off shielding the whole raid,wich is highly unlikely but even 10-12 are like ~300k dmg which is again too much,the days of pre-shielding the raid are gone , thankfully...PW:S is for mitigating predictable (and pref. unavoidable) incoming damage , such as a Double Hit or a Flame Torrent

2: the recent changes to Grace,DA and such are helping discs mitigate truckloads of dmg,eg. a PoH casts a total of 15k worth of DA besides its heal (without any other procs) , fully stacked Grace gives 24% extra healing , which is massive considering it also affects DA

3: yes, Disc raid healing is a bit gimped next to other raid healers but it can also work in a way that no other can (Infest flashbacks)...besides, haven't seen many paladin raid healers out there, even though blizz are trying (lol)

4. Disc is for PvP, and dare i say it - tank healing - although not particularly good at , live with it

5. if you have half a brain you will take ToT unless you're one of those guys that thinks GH is some leftover pos from vanilla >.> and u don't like free heals that crit

also - PW:B does massive mitigation and helps healing a lot if it's glyphed , only problem being that its CD and duration are a bit out of Sync, a couple of extra seconds on it would do the trick
    Last edited by mmoc68593eebb0; 2011-02-19 at 05:19 PM.

its just funny how many non priests are commenting on the priest nerfs
    how bout you troll elsewhere
    and as for balancing this game for those pvp players...get bent

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just as progressed as you, so your comment on me being bad isn't really valid.
    Train of Thought is useless in the sense that in a 25 man, people usually run with 2 holy paladins capable of doing primarily the tank healing themselves with other healers doing spot tank healing when needed.
    Also, what does Grace have to do with Renewed Hope? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about there.
    Funny how you call me a bad priest and yet you too resorted to holy shield spam.
    One difference is that I have my armory in plain view in my profile, you're just saying what progress you have.
    25 Mans are not everything, also not all raids run the same comps.
    As for what Grace has to do with renewed hope.:

Renewed Hope Rank 2
    Increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance (Heal) spells by 10% on targets afflicted by the Weakened Soul effect, or blessed with your Grace effect.

And clearly I'm going to use whatever strategy is the most effective, it doesn't have anything to do with being bad.
    In fact, not using it would be more questionable.

One difference is that I have my armory in plain view in my profile, you're just saying what progress you have.
    25 Mans are not everything, also not all raids run the same comps.
    As for what Grace has to do with renewed hope.:

Renewed Hope Rank 2
    Increases the critical effect chance of your Flash Heal, Greater Heal, Heal and Penance (Heal) spells by 10% on targets afflicted by the Weakened Soul effect, or blessed with your Grace effect.

And clearly I'm going to use whatever strategy is the most effective, it doesn't have anything to do with being bad.
    In fact, not using it would be more questionable.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...memoryz/simple
    /shrug

As for grace, guess I didn't notice this change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I have more heroic bosses down than you do so if you're going to bring progress up as an argument for being right or good (which it isn't) my progress is still better than yours.

Yeah, I have more heroic bosses down than you do so if you're going to bring progress up as an argument for being right or good (which it isn't) my progress is still better than yours.
    Yeah guy, you killed one more boss than me. You're just so much better than me after that. Specially when you killed it two days ago?