Deleted

Really low dps with boomkin

Hello folks.
    I have a little bit trouble with my boomkin dps.
    I dont know what I am doing wrong.
    My rotation is good I am sure.(DOT refreshing when eclipse come and when need it , spamming stafire till sun , wrath till lunar).
    Gemming Int and sometimes when i have good bonus i got yellow/blue gem.
    I reforged till hit cap and now almost everything to haste.
    But anyway my dps is still low .
    In Static fight like Argaloth or chimaeron is about 14-15k.
    Omnitron defense system is about 17k.
    Chogall is something about 14k too.
    We have 10man 10/12 group and i am still the last or something around it.We are geared quiet the same.
    I dont know where the problem is.
    Can you give some tips?? for a better dps or something.
    Because when i watched to WOL or WMO i was quiet deppresed when i saw that other Boomkin did on chogall 18k dmg.With just little better eq then me.
    I will be glad for any tips you give me .
    Here is my armory - cant post it so just look at armory for a character name FORTROND if you want.
    If i jus did a double post or something plz forgive me I am new here .

Are you starfalling and using treants on CD?

preplant mushrooms at where the adds will spawn whenever you have to move for cho gall, time starfall for multiple adds but don't anticipate too much - too much delay = dps loss. hurricane at least once(IMO) for multiple adds, the one from adherent.

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eloona View Post
    Are you starfalling and using treants on CD?
    this too. ( word count sucks)

Deleted
    Yes i am using them on cd and trying to hit treant when solar proc and starfall when lunar.
    On chogall i always save the last starfall for adds and using hurricane too . I should start using mushroom too.

Deleted
    I don't think your dps is that bad. If you are doing what you've written the problem should be your gear.

Treants do not gain benefit from solar eclipse. Pre-placed mushrooms, during solar eclipse, are a great way to gain extra dps early on during a fight.

Deleted
    Treants are not affected by eclipse. Cast them whenever.

Really, 17k is not bad. A lot of it comes down to familiarity with the fight and set bonuses. What is the rest of your group pulling?

Can we see your armory?

Deleted
    The dps is just as I post. I did it on thursday.
    But when i watched on WoL and some boomkin from my server I just cant believe they do 18k dps on chogall with gear just a little better then mine.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/

parse your log vs a higher dps'ing boomkin. compare the numbers. see where they are getting the extra damage from. if its vs a comprable geared druid you should see differences in number of hits as opposed to damage per hit.

Deleted
    Qieth : Sry but i cant post my armory here bcs i am new here. Just type FORTROND to search if you want to see it.
    Rest of our group is Survival Hunter,Shadow priest,Fire mage and Destro Lock.
    They are doing something about 19-21k dmg on omnitron.

[QUOTE=sinofasin;10500799] hurricane at least once(IMO) for multiple adds, the one from adherent.[COLOR="red"]

I DOnt Hurricane unless when im bored. I simply dot straf left and right and tab target and dot everything and i avg around 18-21k on chogall and i find it much better to do that. So i would suggest try that just make sure ur moving for each MF u do for the best damage. But this also maybe just a personnal way of doing it. Also i never use Shrooms hate it (thats personnal im pretty sure lol)

But anyways what im trying to say is:
    try to straf left and right IS and MF each tab target, with Typhoon. Dont use Shrooms or Hurricane in my opinion.

But if that doesnt work for ur play style then try the shrooms and Hurricane.
    Im No nomral Chicken, Im no Extra Crispy Style. Im Extra Spicy BoomChicken Lazer of Doom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortrond View Post
    But when i watched on WoL and some boomkin from my server I just cant believe they do 18k dps on chogall with gear just a little better then mine.
    Maybe their fight didn't took as long as yours did, so the dps-benefit from heroism is higher.
    Another point could be a 3% dmg Buff, Warlock 9% Haste Buff etc.

Deleted
    Treebaged: thats the problem we even no have any website or any wol log. We have just little casual guild with some friends, but i want to move higher.

hurricane is pretty crappy, even with the 30% dmg from talents, just tab target moonfire spam, as someone else mentioned above.
    also, are you using insect swarm before moonfire, so that it gets the 15% haste?

Deleted
    I always use moonfire then IS, is that bad??

Get to your eclipse proc then.
    Moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move think u get thet picture!
    can pull 17-25k dps in heroics literally just doing that, oh and of course starfall on cd :P

can pull 15k dps doin it on single target bosses as wel doing that broken much? me think so.

I suppose in raid environment other peoples answers be more appropriate =(

Deleted
    Hmm quiet a strange rotation i think . maybe on multiple target.
    I tried a 10min fight on dummy without any buff and i did 13k dmg is this good or.

Deleted
    Stop comparing your own damage to that of other people. There are too many factors involved to allow you to make a valid comparason. All you can really consider is:

- Your damage relative to your own group
    - Your gear relative to your own group
    - Your special tasks (innervates, random heals, combat resses) relative to your own group

You gain nothing from comparing yourself to other peoples logs, because their fight might be longer, shorter, have special buffs, or not the same tasks as you do. If you are somewhat even with your own group, then everything is fine.

"Even" also means being 10th on the meter, if the top 5-15 DPSers are more or less the same - which is usually the case with most fights.

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move moonfire tab move think u get thet picture!
    can pull 17-25k dps in heroics literally just doing that, oh and of course starfall on cd :P

can pull 15k dps doin it on single target bosses as wel doing that broken much? me think so.

Don't tell him to gimp his damage. DOT spamming is NOT more damage than single target nuking. We are talking boss fights here, after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always use moonfire then IS, is that bad??
    yes.

1) when eclipse procs, use IS first, to trigger the 15% haste from NG. Then the moonfire will benefit, and Moonfire has higher DPCT (damage per cast time) so this is better.

2) When you're casting the final wrath or starfire prior to eclipse, do not immediately queue up the IS/MF. There is a slight delay between the landing of the final spell, and the triggering of the eclipse, and your DoTs will not benefit if you're too hasty.

3) Use Starsurge on CD if you aren't. Make sure an obvious UI element is tracking shooting stars procs.

4) If your dots are run out, and you're just a few seconds from eclipse, delay renewing them until after the eclipse. Personally, this is the only situation where I do not renew them straight away. Likewise because I use glyph of Starsurge, I tend to cast Starfall on cooldown, UNLESS i'm just moments away from Lunar Eclipse, in which case i'll delay it slightly.

- For Solar Eclipse - you can cast a wrath, or just wait about 0.15 seconds for eclipse to come up before doing IS/MF.
    - For Lunar Eclipse - this is more difficult as the wrath has a travel time, so as you reach 74 energy, if you're still casting a wrath, it will be your last wrath, immediately queue up a starfire, or starsurge is possible. This will prevent you having to sit around waiting for the last wrath to travel to the target before eclipse procs. This will also prevent you casting any more wraths than are necessary.

Use the AddOn BalancePowerTracker as it intelligently predicts the amount of energy you WILL have after a spell finishes casting, it makes it easy to know when you're casting your final wrath or starfire without having to predict it yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post

ur saying you can pull 15k dps spamming moonfire on a boss? No thanks. That works just fine on large AoE packs with enough health to survive for at least 15-20 seconds. (This is ideally done during solar eclipse for hard hitting IS - hurricane if no dots need refreshing) Do not spam dots on single target.
    Last edited by Will; 2011-02-20 at 01:30 PM.