Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I agree with the OP. The CD bugs out more often than not and honestly, it should never have been our lvl 85 skill.
    As holy or protection spec, I have yet to have a single issue with it. As holy, I've gotten 5 DL crits in a row with AW up, all over 40k and one a tank spec player for 50k, do you have any idea how much extra healing that did when it hit 20 players on Nezir's platform for his ultimate? CAN YOU EVEN FATHOM!? 4 extra hits of 40k, and one extra hit of 50k, and 80 hits of 4k, and and 20 hits of 5k. If you've seen heroic Nezir's ultimate, you know it's not going to overheal. I'm entirely aware that it is RGN lottery winning to get such an extreme use out of it while also having a short term CD up, but how on EARTH can you claim it's not amazing? Unless you're ret. If you're ret I can see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borcster View Post
    Hi, I am a shaman and I am writing to you in regards to this 'premiere' cooldown that you are talking about. What is this thing?
    Its Guardian of the Ancient Kings. Its a Paladin Spell gained at 85. It has a 5 minute cooldown and summons a pet. The pet has the model of an Angel with a sword (very golden and pala-stuff) and is not targetable/killable. Depending on your spec is does 3 things:

Prot: Visual is the pet casting a Beam which creates a bubble around the paladin. While its active it reduces the Damage on the paladin by 50%. This is the paladins shield wall. Nothing fancy but a nice visual.
    Holy: The Pet is running around with you and casts a healing animation. While its active it does the same heal as you, effectily doubles the heal output. It always casts on the same Target as you. If your heal crits, it crits too, if you have lots of hast you get more heals. Some argue that most of it goes into overheal but most pallys really like this cooldown for high damage phases.
    Ret: Here things get interresting. The Pet is hitting the same target as you hit for 3 to 6k damage, depending on your damage. For each hit the ret gets a Stack of a buff which increases Strength percentwise. Refer to wowhead for accurate values. After the full duration (which is 20 Seconds i think) the Buff on the paladin "explodes" doing AoE Damage.
    It however has several drawbacks like it dont inherent expertise and hit from the paladin and retargeting failes often. I had several occasions where my pet finishes off one enemy and then just follows me. I, however, has uses in several uses PVP and the stacking Buff is really nice for burst-Phases. Combined with other cooldowns it lets you do insane numbers.

My personal opinion is that the Prot one is just a lame excuse for giving us a shield wall, the holy one is ment for 10 man and 5 man where you can really turn the tide in hard situations and the Ret one is for PVP because of the burst you can generate and doing some damage while being CCed. You wont, however get the buff.

If you meet a paladin in PVP just CC them for the duration, as they the "GotAK" works best with the paladin doing something. It has a short duration and a long cooldown.

Hope that helps, Shaman.

I´m Ret. So yes, it´s awful
    The inherent problem is that the cooldown just can't be shorter. If they shaved 2 minutes off of it, then paladins would hold on to AW and Zealotry for an extra minute to throw out constant insane burst in PvP. I haven't played ret much, but if there anything I was disappointed with, it was judgement damage. I really miss that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy with a 4 minute CD to line up with every other wings/zeal

Deleted
    at least we got something new, mages got bloodlust. I'm not saying it's a bad ability, it's just a bit underwhelming "WOW! that ability from the boss in A'K:tOK, and a freezing voidzone oh, and bloodlust... whee..." they could have given mages the new version of arcane power from deadmines, but no, bloodlust's nice too...

we essentially got 5 new spells this expansion, a dps boosting holy power using ability for ret, a movable AoE HoT for holy, and GotAK for prot, and GotAK has different effects for ret and holy as well. that's 2 more spells than all other classes

---------- Post added 2011-02-19 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yasuo View Post
    Its Guardian of the Ancient Kings. Its a Paladin Spell gained at 85. It has a 5 minute cooldown and summons a pet. The pet has the model of an Angel with a sword (very golden and pala-stuff) and is not targetable/killable. Depending on your spec is does 3 things:

Prot: Visual is the pet casting a Beam which creates a bubble around the paladin. While its active it reduces the Damage on the paladin by 50%. This is the paladins shield wall. Nothing fancy but a nice visual.
    Holy: The Pet is running around with you and casts a healing animation. While its active it does the same heal as you, effectily doubles the heal output. It always casts on the same Target as you. If your heal crits, it crits too, if you have lots of hast you get more heals. Some argue that most of it goes into overheal but most pallys really like this cooldown for high damage phases.
    Ret: Here things get interresting. The Pet is hitting the same target as you hit for 3 to 6k damage, depending on your damage. For each hit the ret gets a Stack of a buff which increases Strength percentwise. Refer to wowhead for accurate values. After the full duration (which is 20 Seconds i think) the Buff on the paladin "explodes" doing AoE Damage.
    It however has several drawbacks like it dont inherent expertise and hit from the paladin and retargeting failes often. I had several occasions where my pet finishes off one enemy and then just follows me. I, however, has uses in several uses PVP and the stacking Buff is really nice for burst-Phases. Combined with other cooldowns it lets you do insane numbers.

My personal opinion is that the Prot one is just a lame excuse for giving us a shield wall, the holy one is ment for 10 man and 5 man where you can really turn the tide in hard situations and the Ret one is for PVP because of the burst you can generate and doing some damage while being CCed. You wont, however get the buff.

If you meet a paladin in PVP just CC them for the duration, as they the "GotAK" works best with the paladin doing something. It has a short duration and a long cooldown.

Hope that helps, Shaman.
    I think he was referring to the fact that the shamans lv 85 spell is a cooldown that lets you cast whilst moving for about 10 seconds, which, as someone who normally plays mage and warlocks, I would KILL to have :P
    trade you time warp for... OWAIT!

I just leveled up as a protadin from 23 when Cataclysm hit and made it to 85 about a week ago. After getting SotR, GotAK was definitely the next ability that stood out to me. Even though all it does is damage reduction, it has a really cool looking graphic and is simply very effective. When I hit 85 I felt amazing when I could pop all my CD's and tank a bunch of hard hitting mobs and heal myself to save the group.

The best part is it's usefulness... as a PvE Mage, Ring of Frost was downright stupid and Time Warp was just so-so because it's completely unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    This made me giggle.

At first when I used GOAK I had no idea he would make that sound, and I was like:

"O.o woah there, buddy, it's just a little healing, no need to get all worked up over it". He really puts all his might into those heals!
    That's why he only lasts for five heals. He strains so many muscles flexing out those heals and needs to go have a lie down.

I´m Ret. So yes, it´s awful
    To be fair, you could have gotten a level 85 ability which doesn't have anything to do with your Talent Tree at all. It's nice that they actually put thought into making it useful for each talent spec, it's just a shame it's a little lacklustre.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-02-19 at 11:39 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    Redirect? Something that should be baked into our class, BUT ISN'T BECAUSE WE ARE SO DAMN AWESOME?

Combat Readiness? A defensive cooldown with ramp-up time for a class that already had like twenty defensive cooldowns?

Smoke Bomb, something on too long a cooldown and too short duration to be useful?

Seriously, stop complaining. At the very least, it's an Anti-Rogue button <3
    Camouflage, only usable outside of combat and might as well not be there if you move?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoarLock View Post
    At least you got something useful, as the guy above me said, we got leap of faith and inner will, both almost useless.
    This is actually very untrue. I have found very engaging and actually useful uses for Leap of Faith. Also, Inner Will is great for raiding. It saves 15% on instant cast spells and if you think about it, a ton of spells are instant cast such as Prayer of Mending, Renew, Holy Word: Serenity three of my top three heals. Of course Heal and Prayer of Healing are not effected but this is definitely a mana saver. The speed boost is just a plus.

Now, let's talk about druid mushrooms and then every other class can complain some more about their "useless" lvl 85 abilities.

I might be able to deal with it if they took away all the "HHHHRRRNGNGGGG" and the "HYAAAH" the tirion fordring melee sounds bug me the most.

But still, its better than camo.

Make GotAK a 3minute cooldown but lower the stacks to 10 with the duration lasting 20 seconds imo