Sooo time for a new build!

Time for a new build! im looking to bust $1000- 1800CAD ; i know what i want , but i really dont know how to gaurentee if each part is 100% compatible. Thats whats MMOC will do for me! YAYY

Specs:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner = 10.75(-7.24$ instant)
    COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case = 119.99(-40$ instant)
    Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950 =298.99
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders =109.99
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive =89.99
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power =124.99(-20$ instant)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL =98.99
    LOGISYS Computer CLK15GN 15" Green Deluxe Sound Activated Cold Cathode Kit =15.98(7.99each)
    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard =209.99
    EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE Video Card - 1GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0, Dual DVI, Mini HDMI 1.4, DirectX 11 =139.97

TOTAL: 1435.79$CAD

So the question is...will it blend? ermm...i mean fit!

NOTE:

RAM= Designed for Intel P67 motherboard, will it still work?
    GPU= off Tigerdirect.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

That looks like a pretty good system and yes... it will fit, almost anything will fit into a HAF 932. Although i would look into getting some sort of aftermarket cooler for your CPU as Intel cpus get pretty hot. I would say either the Corsair H70 or the Noctua NH-D14. Everything in that is compatible.

You'll want a Triple Channel Kit with RAM. Everything else looks good.

Newegg just had the i7-950 for 250.oo so u just missed it =(

ANd yes the Stock Intel cooler for the i7 series blows. You'll definitely want to grab something else. The bulky Noctua NH-D14 or the Sleek Corsair H50.

ya i know, ive been looking at the whole ram thing, i dont understand "channels". I will be getting a new CPU cooler eventually, probably a week after i get the build itself.I ll just watch my graphics until then, just run on med until i get a new cooler, thinking about the V8

So what would you suggest with the RAM?
    Last edited by WarriorGuides; 2011-02-19 at 08:39 PM.
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Go 560 instead of 460, and it's all set!

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Go 560 instead of 460, and it's all set!
    eventually! im 15 with a job so $$ aint a big deal at all. Of course ill be upgrading but for now i need to take it slow
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    ya i know, ive been looking at the whole ram thing, i dont understand "channels". I will be getting a new CPU cooler eventually, probably a week after i get the build itself.I ll just watch my graphics until then, just run on med until i get a new cooler, thinking about the V8

So what would you suggest with the RAM?
    Corsair Dominator 6gb(3x2gb)
    Also you can probably go to the Asus site, look up the motherboard and find compatible RAM for that motherboard. I looked, and downloaded the file but's all encrypted crap. =(
    Last edited by Mass0wnage; 2011-02-19 at 09:03 PM.

Get Sandy Bridge set.

Deleted
    to be a bit more specific: if you can wait about a month, wait for intels re-release of the p67 chipsets and get a sandybridge system. go with the i5 2500k - better performance for ~$100 less.
    check the motherboard, and go with a "lighter" one. looking at the latest asus series, you dont need anything more than the "standard" version (the one without -pro, -deluxe etc) if you dont want to go with an sli/crossfire-setup.

with the money you saved on that parts, either upgrade the gfx to a 560 or similar, or get a ssd for the os and programs.

oh, and forget about the corsair h70 recomended some posts above, a good air-cooler performs better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainni View Post
    oh, and forget about the corsair h70 recomended some posts above, a good air-cooler performs better than that.
    Better or similar? I haven't seen numbers be anything but very similar when comparing similar costing air to systems like the h50/70 so imo it would come down to personal preference. I see a lot of people on here tell people to just go with air instead and actually end up suggesting something that cost the same amount. On the other hand if you say go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-065-_-Product over it then of course there is some argument to be made, though I haven't looked at performance between the 2. That doesn't address the fact that some just still really will pay more for what they like in appearance if performance will be similar. I myself am taking a look into getting http://store.antec.com/Product/cooli...5-77085-9.aspx .
    Last edited by aggs; 2011-02-20 at 02:59 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here ya go dude:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145258

You need triple channel memory for that i7. Basically, those i7's are beefed up and use memory differently than the i5's and i3's.

ive been looking at the SandyBridge stuff, but the Mobos that support it seem to be MIA. how long do you guys think itll be until i can see a P67 LGA1155 motherboard on market(via Newegg or tigerdirect)
    Indeed.

Any reason you're looking at a 750 watt power supply? Unless you know you will be going with SLI in the future then there's no need for something that powerful. Look into something from the 500 watt range like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371020

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorGuides View Post
    ive been looking at the SandyBridge stuff, but the Mobos that support it seem to be MIA. how long do you guys think itll be until i can see a P67 LGA1155 motherboard on market(via Newegg or tigerdirect)
    Wide availbility in March/April time. Limited available in the next coming week, where PC manufacturers get first dibs.

Looks like a pretty good build to me. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    Better or similar? I haven't seen numbers be anything but very similar when comparing similar costing air to systems like the h50/70 so imo it would come down to personal preference. I see a lot of people on here tell people to just go with air instead and actually end up suggesting something that cost the same amount. On the other hand if you say go with http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-065-_-Product over it then of course there is some argument to be made, though I haven't looked at performance between the 2. That doesn't address the fact that some just still really will pay more for what they like in appearance if performance will be similar. I myself am taking a look into getting http://store.antec.com/Product/cooli...5-77085-9.aspx .
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...sair_h70/4.htm
    the noctua nh-d14 outperforms both the h50 and h70 in every test, and comes in about €10 cheaper (here in germany). there are several other air-coolers that perform at about the same level as the h70, allmost all of them are cheaper.
    http://www.tomshardware.de/h70-fluss...-240629-6.html
    another (german) review, this one shows the h70 performing a little bit better compared to high-end aircoolers, but if you take a look at the next page its a lot louder than similar performing air-coolers.

my point here is: if you want to go the watercooling way, do it right aka get a full custom build set (wich will cost you at least 200$). anything else, stick with air-cooling.

I guess I can quote myself as it must have been missed when you quoted me...
    That doesn't address the fact that some just still really will pay more for what they like in appearance if performance will be similar.
    My point there was: With only about a $10 dollar difference and numbers being very close, and that is just in their setup, there is definitely a portion of people who will go with what looks good to them and provides a similar result. The average user of either system would be able to overclock with either of these if they desired and also achieve similar results at a similar cost. That doesn't even bring into account that the item I listed was the antec 620 and not the 50/70 from corsair. http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=694&Itemid=62 Seems to do quite well and at a nice price.