Thread: Is this right?

Is this right?

I asked someone to pick be up some canned air. They came back with "Dust Remover: Compressed Gas Duster" and I don't think know if this is the right stuff to use inside my PC. I never bought canned air before so I don't know.. It feels like it has liquid inside and it feels a little moist when I blow it on my hand.. I want to make sure 100% that this can be used inside my PC..

http://img689.imageshack.us/i/picture10tk.jpg/

Yeah that's the thing.

Compressed air is actually liquid when still inside the can. If you use it for some time you'll feel the can get really cold.

Avoid inhaling it too, it stinks and will leave a foul taste for a good while.

yes

do not hold the can upside down,do not use for more than afew seconds at a time

if the can starts getting cold take a break

its wet because they put in a small amount of liquid that tastes and smells terrible to deter 'whipits' or w/e americans are gettign high on cause they arent allowed to have weed

The small amount of liquid will not ruin my PC in anyway? That is what I am worried about.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Yeah that's the thing.

Compressed air is actually liquid when still inside the can. If you use it for some time you'll feel the can get really cold.

Avoid inhaling it too, it stinks and will leave a foul taste for a good while.
    its tastes bad because they put a irritant in there to stop druggies but druggies will still do it for the high ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    The small amount of liquid will not ruin my PC in anyway? That is what I am worried about.
    No, the liquid stays in the can. This is what you want to use on your computer to get rid of dust. Do not hold upside down or even at a sharp angle, try to keep it completely upright when spraying your computer. Use short bursts and stop for a little bit if the can gets really cold.

Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    its tastes bad because they put a irritant in there to stop druggies but druggies will still do it for the high ;/
    Yeah I know, it says so on the can itself. I was just trying to be helpful since most people don't read the can when they use it for the first time and get it on their faces or breathe it or something.

As soon as the liquid leaves the can it will turn into air. That liquid is air, it's just in a different state of matter than what we're used to "seeing" it as. There are no worries there.

Its a petroleum product that under pressure (in the can) its a liquid, once it escapes, it rapidly becomes a gas.
    It's just like a bottle of butane for lighters or the big tanks of propane for gas grills.
    Follow the good advise above (hold can upright, keep a few inches from surface to be dusted and don't inhale the crap)

Well.. If I don't post in this thread by the end of tomorrow.. That means my PC died from the canned air. LOL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusatan View Post
    Its a petroleum product that under pressure (in the can) its a liquid, once it escapes, it rapidly becomes a gas.
    It's just like a bottle of butane for lighters or the big tanks of propane for gas grills.
    Follow the good advise above (hold can upright, keep a few inches from surface to be dusted and don't inhale the crap)
    It's not petroleum based, it's actually nitrogen or some other inert gas, if it was butane you'd have a fire every 2 min with this stuff, computers=electricity=ignition source. It's the propellant used in electrical parts cleaner, it evaporates away nearly instantly if you have a ton of fluid on a part you will have frost form, just don't shake it while using it, you'll be fine
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P