Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raiding Guild phrases and what they really mean EXPOSED!

"Recruiting RDPS Hybrids" = "Recruiting a Boomkin or Ele Shaman, but you're going to be healing 99% of the time"

"Recruiting Exceptional Players" = "Sniping guild members from competing guilds, will probably bench you or have you do alt runs. If you are AMAZING, you will replace a core member."

"We raid X nights a week, Y - Z server time." = "This is our raid schedule but we actually only raid X/2 nights a week, and start 30 min late and end an hour early."

"Looking to round out our core." = "Some sort of shit went down in the guild and we lost our best players."

"Looking for raiders who show up CONSISTENTLY!" = "We have a bunch of people who do not sure up and we rarely raid."

"We are 6/12." = "We're bad. We're actually talking about ICC still. Damn you, Putricide."

"Looking for people who don't stand in fire." = "We have raiders that stand in fire. We would kick them, but then we wouldn't raid at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I lol'd at a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    "Recruiting RDPS Hybrids" = "Recruiting a Boomkin or Ele Shaman, but you're going to be healing 99% of the time"
    Too true.

I guess I'll add another, we can make this into a game =D

"Currently recruiting X and Y, but accepting all exceptional apps." = "Currently recruiting X and Y...that's it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

I see what you have done here.

Hehe, I really like the one about ICC. Many lulz were had <3

Haha... nice to see a funny post for once. Makes a difference to all the complaining that usually goes on lol.

Ok, I liked this. I think my favorite was the last one.

Though that may just be me projecting issues with my own guild outward.... or seeing them reflected elsewhere... I swear, the best way to get our people to stack on top of each other is to tell them to spread out, and vice versa. The most common result when we tell them to stack is that we get a line. Worst of all, since we typically have 3+ hunters in our 10-man raids, it usually winds up looking like a firing line >.>

Deleted
    First one is very, very true.

recruiting in general is basically saying - "we have sucky raiders that we want to replace without having to tell them they suck, but for now its the only way we can fill."
    Please?

"We use a loot council to ensure optimal loot distribution." = "Loot goes to officers and their friends, you might get some scraps if none of the officers needs the shard for an enchant."

Deleted
    Some of these are actually pretty funny, well played

Deleted
    I shouldn't have laughed, i don't usually laugh at this sort of shit, but i did

"Whisper an officer ingame or go to our website for more info" = "Go to our website or be redirected by an officer to our website"

"We are a new guild and we´re currently forming a core group to start raiding" translates to "We never did any raiding but saw people with purples standing around and want that too, most of our members are in the mid 70's"

Deleted
    Even tho it's meant as comedy I can't say any of it is even close to accurate, infact most of it is just not making any sense whatsoever

Deleted
    "Current progress 1/1 BH..." = "Don't look at how little real progress we actually have!"

"Socials are also welcome" = "We're struggling to hit our daily guild xp cap"

"<Name> is a new raiding guild" = "We're not actually raiding at the moment and we'll probably never get enough members to do so"
    Last edited by mmoc2e27bb62e7; 2011-02-20 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    Haha, I can see a selection of those in our own guild advertisment.. and yes they all mean exactly what you have said.

Deleted
    Most of those are pretty true, though 6/12 is in my opinion enough to show that the guild probably is worth joining if you can't find anything better. Atleast if it isn't 6/12 in 2 months. The really bad guilds struggle at 3/12 or so atleast on my server.

And this "is a new raiding guild" thing is so very true. At best I've seen guilds who have had 3x level 85 players in them looking for 2 tanks, 3 healers and 2 dps for raids

"Recruiting for a second ten man group!" = We have ten decent players for a core but want to cherry pick for the better main group.

Agree with the "New raiding guild" comment I have seen way to many guilds using that to recruit and I inspect only to see a total of eleven members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    "We use a loot council to ensure optimal loot distribution." = "Loot goes to officers and their friends, you might get some scraps if none of the officers needs the shard for an enchant."

lololol omg this one just made me laugh out loud here 5.43 am in the morning

Although I don't think every point is actually real, this is by far the funniest post I've ever seen here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    this definitely made me lol. I guess in some cases it might be true. I always hated the idea of loot council because things like this could happen