Thread: Thorpe Park

Deleted

Cool Thorpe Park

So, this is basically a thread to see everyones opinion on this theme park, which is situated in Chertsey , Surrey, UK. Close to Heathrow airport for anybody who isn't quite sure.

Let me start by saying, I am 21 years old, so yes, I came to theme parks quite late in my life, but that does not stop me enjoying them to the full. So. My first experience at Thorpe Park was actually only 3 years ago, at the beginning of the 2008 season. When Saw: The ride first opened.

At first, I was very nervous going there for the first time, as I had never been on a roller coaster before. The first ride my friends took me on was Nemesis Inferno, which was thrilling, yet comfortable. We then persisted on trying out every ride in the park (yes even the water rides). And, after my first day out there, I fell in love with it. The atmosphere, the rides, the experience, the theming. it was all perfect to me. So, since that day, I have been there around 15 times. Just bought my first annual pass for the place. So, I am here now asking you to post your experience of the park. Perhaps your first time, why you like it/dislike it, and perhaps your best/worst experiences in the park.

This thread may only apply to UK residents in theory, but there maybe some over seas visitors who would like to post their experiences of the park, which would indeed be welcome. Please don't be shy, perhpas dig out some photos from Thorpe Park. Let the loving/hating begin.

Deleted
    I haven't been in years but it was always my favourite park when I was growing up. I was really upset the day the haunted mansion rude burned down and felt personally betrayed when they got rid of the Flying Fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwynne View Post
    I haven't been in years but it was always my favourite park when I was growing up. I was really upset the day the haunted mansion rude burned down and felt personally betrayed when they got rid of the Flying Fish.
    They removed flying fish to make room for good ol' stealth. But then they put it back again, except in a different place. So it is there again

---------- Post added 2011-02-20 at 11:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    First time I went was a very bittersweet event for me. My father had booked us a trip for the family to go and stay in a hotel nearby, whilst he worled in finishing the house (he was a carpenter by trade) so having two young boys in the house would meant we just got in the way.
    Anyways, day before the trip, he passed away due to a heart attack, but my mother decided, in order to try and lesen the blow (and to give her some grieving space to sort things out) my brother and I went with a family friend.

Anyways, had a nice time, but didn't feel right, for obvious reasons, but did take my mind off things for a little while I guess, but Thorpe Park to me will always have lots of negative memories because of it.

Now Chessington however, that place was fricking ace :P
    Sorry to hear about that, I guess it is one of those places that would take your mind off of something like that. But yeah, does sound very bittersweet.

Chessington is a nice place, but I am more for the thrill rides

I'm a bit or a coaster enthusiast and I have been to Thrope once before even know I'm from the States. I love the park and it's one of my top5 for the reason that it has one of the best Inverts in Nemesis Inferno. Also, Saw is one of the best Euro-fighters I've rode and Colossus is great aswell for obvious reasons. It's a fun park and I hope to get back in 2012 seeing as there is a new coaster on the way and rumors are it's a new B&M Wing walker. Wing walkers you ride be side the track instead of on top or underneath.

This is a rendering of the new ride based on the plans Thrope put out a few weeks back.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIwvuRvqIQ
    Last edited by Toatx; 2011-02-20 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    I'm really excited for the 2012 season, I follow the park news on thorpeparkmania.com, so when I saw the plans for the new rollercoaster, I got quite excited. The theming for it looks amazing. Not too keen on the ride they are installing for the 2011 season, Storm Surge. But I'll give it a go.

Bought my annual pass last night, so roll on the start of a great season.

Deleted
    Rumba "Ribena" Rapids ftw!!