Retahealer and Holydamage

Retahealer
    http://wowtal.com/#k=716xeuax.aei.paladin.oGsaB

Holydamage
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1szSzSZ.aei.paladin.-zlpGC

Atonement Priest
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1AX_wrSKs.aei.priest.-5Y0_2

Are any of those specs viable for raids where we are having a bit of a problem with our healing yet still a little problem on the dps, so what do you think?

so i was thinking:
    1. a holydin that can have free hit rating and does exorcism and holy shock on low damage phases and when he gets procs
    OR
    2. the more viable option in my opinion: Selfless healer retadin which helps on fights like chogall or on pvp and such that still does tons of damage yet sometimes word of glory to help the healers
    OR
    3. Atonement priest which is the best viable option imo which is basicly shielding and healing with smite unless a big damage phase coming up then sometimes healing the tank a little more and ofcourse using penance on every cd as a heal or damage attack to keep the procs coming

Basicly i want to get instead of a dps like a 40-60% healer and 40-60% dps which would help us down more bosses.
    So what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Talentbdf; 2011-02-20 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talentbdf View Post
    Retahealer
    http://wowtal.com/#k=7mQ4OIw9.aei.paladin.

Holydamage
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1szSzSZ.aei.paladin.

Are any of those specs viable for PVE heroics where we are having a bit of a problem with our healing yet no problem on the dps?
    Don't know, but they sure are viable for PVP heroics.. wait, what?
    Signature too large

Stop with this crap. This is the sort of shit that got all of ret's utility lopped off in cata

Get better healers?

Retahealer
    http://wowtal.com/#k=7mQ4OIw9.aei.paladin.

Holydamage
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1szSzSZ.aei.paladin.

Atonement Priest
    http://wowtal.com/#k=1ALN-TRa.aei.priest.

Are any of those specs viable for PVE heroics where we are having a bit of a problem with our healing yet no problem on the dps?

so i was thinking:
    1. a holydin that can have free hit rating and does exorcism and holy shock on low damage phases and when he gets procs
    OR
    2. the more viable option in my opinion: Selfless healer retadin which helps on fights like chogall or on pvp and such that still does tons of damage yet sometimes word of glory to help the healers
    OR
    3. Atonement priest which is the best viable option imo which is basicly shielding and healing with smite unless a big damage phase coming up then sometimes healing the tank a little more and ofcourse using penance on every cd as a heal or damage attack to keep the procs coming

So what do you guys think?
    Actually I was playing that ret spec but I used divinity too. I used it in 2s, I played feral ret, once I critted 60k on my partner in cat form with Word of Glory.
    But that holy spec is just ugh .. there is no such thing as holy dps ... there should be holy paladins who will spec Blazing light and Denounce for 2s I bet.

Are any of those specs viable for raids where we are having a bit of a problem with our healing yet no problem on the dps?

I'm struggling to understand the situation your in.

The first line of your post indicates that your healers are lacking, but your DPS isn't. Then you link talent builds for healers that are focused around DPSing. Call me crazy, but having your healers DPS is not going to make them heal better. The only way I can make sense of this is that you are going to have someone (presumably either a pally or a priest) that is currently fully DPS spec'd, switch to one of these psuedo-healer-deepser builds to help out your full team of healers... can't say I agree with the strat, but if it's what gets bosses down for you guys, all the more power to ya.

As for the disc spec, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around your choice in talents:

2/2 Twisted Faith - I'm going to assume that these points were invested to get hit capped for smite (hit capping any other spell would be pointless) which are not needed. Glyph of Divine Accuracy does that for you, and thats not to mention that with this talent and 346 healing gear, you'll be well above 20% hit. Even being full DPS spec'd, getting hit capped is not as desirable as it once was (at least for Spriests). If your mindblast misses... thats your punishment for casting it while being disc.

2/3 Inner Sanctum - While not a bad choice (for PVP), these points are much better spent elsewhere in the tree. A 4% reduction in spell damage taken will go unnoticed, where as 24% increased healing done to targets of recent heals, or 10% increased crit chance on anyone with weakened soul will be noticed.

I suggest you remove these 4 talent points and move them into the following talents:
    2/2 Renewed Hope
    2/2 Grace

Now that Grace is no longer limited to a single target, the synergy between these talents is a must have IMO. With your current build, your gaining 4% reduced spell damage and well over 20% hit (for a class who's primary DPS spec doesn't even prioritize hit above other secondary stats) at the cost of 10% crit on targets w/ weakened soul, and 24% increased healing on targets with grace stacked.

Best of luck to ya.

Holy paladin DPS is an absolute joke, even when specced for it. Holy Shock doesn't hit for much, but it hits for more than Exorcism (which is saying a lot); exorcism has terrible scaling, which is why Art of War has to buff its damage to be a viable talent. And if you're focusing on dps, you'll be casting Inquisition... except you have no tower of radiance, no blessed life, and no pursuit of just, so you get 1 holy power every 6 seconds. That doesn't even sustain Inq., let alone leaving anything for WoG on occasion.

A ret paladin can absolutely throw out WoG, but don't think it'll be just a minor DPS loss. Ret paladins get a *huge* portion of their dps through Inquisition, Templar's Verdict, and their mastery. Their holy power generation atm is already pretty low. Selfless healer's 4% does not (and is not intended to) come anywhere near making up that loss of power. You'll have a DPS doing distinctly sub-par DPS to put out occasional heals. And while Guardian's Favor can be a useful talent, I have a hard time believing that you'll find it more useful than either increased healing (if you actually want to do healing) or increased seal damage (since you're sacrificing the ret paladin's hardest hitting abilities to cast WoG instead, seal is a lot of what is left).

(Don't get me wrong, the ret spec, give or take a few talents, can be very good in the right places. In PvP, where absolute DPS is not always what you're looking for, the extra survival for you and your teammates can be quite nice. But you *are* giving up DPS for it, and there's no sugar coating that.)

I won't comment on the Priest spec, since I don't play a priest.... it sounds like the best option, but you're better off asking someone who knows a bit more about priests than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Holy paladin DPS is an absolute joke, even when specced for it. Holy Shock doesn't hit for much, but it hits for more than Exorcism (which is saying a lot); exorcism has terrible scaling, which is why Art of War has to buff its damage to be a viable talent. And if you're focusing on dps, you'll be casting Inquisition... except you have no tower of radiance, no blessed life, and no pursuit of just, so you get 1 holy power every 6 seconds. That doesn't even sustain Inq., let alone leaving anything for WoG on occasion.
    Acutally you'd go into melee range to dps and use CS as well.

I assume you want to replace a damage dealer with one of the specs above in your raids, since you say healing is a bit low.
    Problem is the dmg potential the Holydmg has is far to low for what he has to sacrifice in healing, and ret has to sacrifice a lot of dmg to heal, and that healing that you can do as a ret is a "ohshit!" lifesaver at best until a real healer steps up and helps.

Both specs sacrifice absolute core Dmg/healing abilities in my opinion and won't perform as they are. You sacrifice most of the synergies that make them perform.

Holy misses ToR thus quite a lot of Holy Power, and also Clarity of Purpose, which increases your HpS massively I would think, I must admit I'm just playing Holy since cata so perhaps that is no real expertise here.

Ret sacrifices increased Seal dmg (SotP) and increased Exorcism dmg(Blazing Light) which both make up a huge portion of the dmg. Also if HP is used for healing the ret looses even more dmg, due to missing TV dmg/ Inq uptime. As said the selfless healer does not make up for the lost damage it is just making the loss of damage less bad.

Overall i would think you go from 100% dmg/heal to 40%dmg/40%heal each spec, so it will be a loss.

I would try monitoring avoidable damage or gear more than trying such gimiky specs tbh. Perhaps even go with 1 additional healer if you don't hit any enrages.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Acutally you'd go into melee range to dps and use CS as well.
    all you will get form that is a bit more HoPo, at the risk of dying as a melee to cleave AoE or other fun things. Also you may have hit from your talent but without exp you will get parried/dodged a lot. And the damage made by a caster weapon is laughable, if you intend to equip a melee weapon again your healing will suffer.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-02-20 at 12:02 PM.

changed a lot of things in the specs and the thread what do you think about it now?
    btw will hpally ever be a viable option for half dps?

15+ Year Old Account
    changed a lot of things in the specs and the thread what do you think about it now?
    btw will hpally ever be a viable option for half dps?
    But why would you want it? realy,why? If you want to dps as pala,you spec ret,holy is..you know...a healer spec..

When two hybrid DPS/Healers equal the combined healing and DPS of one Holy and one Ret, then you can include them in your raids.

Hint: This will never happen. And, if it did, Blizzard would nerf it to the ground in about 2 seconds.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ev4enko View Post
    Actually I was playing that ret spec but I used divinity too. I used it in 2s, I played feral ret, once I critted 60k on my partner in cat form with Word of Glory.
    I do that in my reg Ret spec, not in some laugh-alot spec.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

15+ Year Old Account
    I would just abandon all hope about this honestly. You'll never be optimal enough to bring in over a pure ret pally or a pure holy pally, and in the end you'll just get a half baked result.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature