iPad downloads and now I can't find them? help

Hi, hoping the mom champ ppl can help me as iTunes, apple etc are frickin useless.
    I have downloaded videos, couple episodes if wire from iTunes and downloaded music also from iTunes, and now I can't locate item to watch, listen to, I have searched downloads section and the actual folders, but no sign of them.
    I know they have downloaded because I have been charged and checking the memory status of the iPad the space has been taken up bt said downloads.
    Help please any advice would be great?
    Do i need to sync with. A pc? Bit daft if I can't use an iPad as a stand alone device.

Deleted
    You're confusing me... You can't find them on your computer or on the iPad? Did you download it from a computer or from the iPad itself? Isn't it under the iPod section on the iPad?

Laptop being repaired, only have iPad, downloaded on iPad, not in the downloads section of iTunes, or in the videos folder or in the iPod section of iPad. Very strange

Most likely you will find the videos on the iPod tab of your ipad. Had the same thing happen to me with iphone.