Thread: Gear Choices

Gear Choices

so here is what i am up against:
    nefarion is on farm so i can get the tier head whenever i want. If the heroic shoulders drop off of halfus i can pick those up but it the heroic shoulders as a offpeice better than the engi helm as offpeice with the teir helm having haste and expertise? i dont think it is better imo to swap the engi helm for the heroic shoulders until i have the heroic nef helm. is this right?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Deleted
    It's not rly a matter of opinion. What gives you the best stats? There you have it.

Go for Halfus Shoulders, they have perfect itemization

Tier Helm isn't that far behind Engi Helm

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick stat breakdown, this includes gemming for the socket bonus in tier helm and cogwheel bonus in engi helm and the difference incurred in going from the engi gogs to tier helm. Obviously the secondary stats for the engi gogs change making the exact value of the helm fluctuate. The heroic Halfus shoulders on the other hand are a clear upgrade over tier shoulders making your best setup the shoulders as offset.

engi helm
    321 str
    416 secondary stats

tier helm
    331 str +10 STR
    396 secondary stats -20 secondary stats
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2011-02-20 at 05:55 PM.

In defense of the engi helm, the tier secondary stats (Haste and Expertise) are pretty bad stats.

Haste has a low state weight.
    Expertise comes on too much gear already that with reforging its easy to waste a lot.

but Tier is still definitely better than Engi helm because it frees up either 376 or PvP gloves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post
    In defense of the engi helm, the tier secondary stats (Haste and Expertise) are pretty bad stats.

Expertise comes on too much gear already that with reforging its easy to waste a lot.

but Tier is still definitely better than Engi helm because it frees up either 376 or PvP gloves.
    You will need the Helm eventually unless you use it as the offset piece either way Eng Helm > T11 Helm because of how customizable it is, until 4PC comes to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liminal View Post

I was talking about upgrading from eng to tier by means of getting the 4set I guess I didn't make that clear enough that's what I assumed the OP was pointing at. 4set+halfus offset shoulders > 4set+engineering offset helm