The reason behind leaving wow for another game...

The Warcraft community responses to Rift is why I'm leaving (Rift is a pretty fun game thus far). It's a clear display of the lack in maturity you get in game (Warcraft) and on the Warcraft forums. After playing the beta of Rift I have noticed a much higher level or respect and general kindness. Questions get answered in game and people don't hammer you for making mistakes. I have a feeling Rift will be a nice change for those adults who get tired of playing with 13 year-olds. My hope is that it turns out to be an EQ quality player base. Just my thoughts.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Anecdotal tales are anecdotal.

Any exactly why do you have to share that here? Fine, you like the people better there.

In my opinion your post aint that mature either. You really have to tell the community that you think they are immature? Can't you just keep it for yourself and be happy with your new game?

I guess you are one of those 13 year-olds that adults have grew tierd of.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Deleted
    Once it comes out of beta and into release, you'll have the same '13 year olds' playing Rift and harassing you by not answering your questions.

It will turn to shit in a short while, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadux View Post
    Once it comes out of beta and into release, you'll have the same '13 year olds' playing Rift and harassing you by not answering your questions.
    ^This, most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I've played in the three last betas and I really like RIFT, so I preordered it. But the playerbase? Heh. Have you been on a RP-server or something? Because on my server, many people will need on anything while in a rift/invasion raid (warriors really need mana potions, oh yeah), people are rude and trolling on the bigger chat channels, I've even had whispers from a gold beggar! It's pretty much like the playerbase of WoW, except I have yet to see someone say anal [some stupid achievement here] on trade chat.

Granted, I've also met some really nice people. Like, the first time I did Fae, I was invited to someone's vent and we had a long nice chat that went on for a while after we'd finished the instance. Such things don't really happen in WoW these days. I partly blame LFD. However, it's not impossible to find nice people in WoW. I really like my (WoW) guild and wouldn't exchange those guys for some randoms on Rift's general chat.

Hey, look! Another Rift thread!

<- This is my surprised face.

OT: The playerbase is how you see it, and highly dependent on what server and what kind of server you are on. The same is true with most MMO's. As for the same quality as EQ... Am I thinking of the right game here or imagining things...? We seem to have not had the same experience.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rift is a new game, therefore you're allowed to be a so called "noob". The WoW community is rather old, with people having up to 6-7 years of experience (I'm one of those). And that's pretty much the difference. When I first started WoW, I were a complete tard at everything, but I were excused. I were even one of few who reached 60 after a couple weeks, and as the experience increased, the cockyness did as well. I'm more of a relaxed player myself, answering questions etc. But there are certain *facepalm* moments, which will come for Rift as well after a certain amount of time.

And as a sidenote; I've gone over to Rift myself, mostly due to the fact I want to try out something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralidyn View Post
    people don't hammer you for making mistakes.
    Yeah...that's becoz it's New =)

You know it's possible to play more than one MMO at a time, right? I've got three MMOs installed on my PC and with the RIFT beta it's four, I don't play them equally much but that is beside the point anyway.

Deleted
    Do what you want, you don't have to try and justify yourself here. Mostly because none of us give a shit.

Enjoy Rift, untill you realise the community will be even worse than WoWs. Just take a look at the people who are specificly leaving wow because it's "hard". Yeah ... entitled casuals who are bad. Yum !

Quote Originally Posted by Ralidyn View Post
    The Warcraft community responses to Rift is why I'm leaving (Rift is a pretty fun game thus far). It's a clear display of the lack in maturity you get in game (Warcraft) and on the Warcraft forums. After playing the beta of Rift I have noticed a much higher level or respect and general kindness. Questions get answered in game and people don't hammer you for making mistakes. I have a feeling Rift will be a nice change for those adults who get tired of playing with 13 year-olds. My hope is that it turns out to be an EQ quality player base. Just my thoughts.
    That's because it hasn't been out long. Wait, isn't it still in beta (seriously don't know here)? Only older players are going to be there right now. The more popular a game gets the more idiots there will obviously be. Plus, idiots always stick out more than the nice ones to most people. Just to try and improve people's days, I generally try to be one of the nice people and do stuff like give people free portals on my mage if i'm asked or refuse tips.

And honestly think about it, if it is still in beta (which im unsure if it is), do you think the younger players are going to go, get into the beta, download all the content for it, and create a beta account?
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman View Post
    That's because it hasn't been out long. Wait, isn't it still in beta (seriously don't know here)?

Errm, a quick look in this very forum would tell you that it's still in beta.

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves." ~C.S.Lewis

From my time in the Rift beta I've noticed that people may be more helpful but they appear to answer in a pompous way, feeling superior because they can answer knowing that not many other people will know yet as the game is new. The maturity and respect are things I've yet to see fully; it seems half the playerbase are people who don't like WoW and chat is buzzing at least twice a day where people use comparisons in Rift to try make out that WoW is inferior.

Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed Rift and I will most likely sub for a while, but pretty much everything Rift does WoW does better. Once I've played for a few months, the new feeling of Rift will be gone and I won't be drawn to it any more. Saying that, Rift definitely feels like one of the few mmos which will succeed compared to previous mmo attempts.
    Last edited by Mondu; 2011-02-20 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy Rift, that is a great reason to switch. But if your main reason is the community, you are going to be a disappointed person. In my opinion, ita worse in rift. It's new, so all the trolls are vying for dominance and fame. /puke
    Then there are all the people whining that WoW is better.
    For myself, it was more the Rift community that turned me off to the game, rather than the game itself.

Disgusting elitism that has no warrant as of yet. Childish trolls, general asses, the retarded 1 million MMO-Champion posts, and misc fanboys in yelling matches seemed worse than WoW imo.

I know the new age of mmos will of course have these issues, but for myself, the game was not different enough to overlook the raunchious community.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Do what you want, you don't have to try and justify yourself here. Mostly because none of us give a shit.

Enjoy Rift, untill you realise the community will be even worse than WoWs. Just take a look at the people who are specificly leaving wow because it's "hard". Yeah ... entitled casuals who are bad. Yum !
    Wait WoW's hard? When did that happen? I only quit about a month and a 1/2 ago and it was pathetically easy then.

Also your casual = bad argument is asinine. Anyone who thinks all people who casually play video games are bad are moronic. Not sure if you noticed but just because it takes you 40+ hours a week to not suck at WoW doesn't mean others need to play as much to be just as good or better then you. Video games are like life, a few winners and a shitton of losers. I assume by the way you posted you're the later.

That aside I personally starting playing Rift. I didn't quit WoW for Rift, I quit WoW before I tried Rift. WoW = bad grafics, constantly reused raid boss mechanics (pretty much every boss fight since wrath came out is a recycled vanilla and tBC fight), nothing outside of raiding to do once you level cap, probably the worst PvP in any MMO I've ever seen. Also the Devs seemed to stop caring about the game and it's kinda gone down the shitter. If they got rid of arenas and did something fresh with raids I would possibly play again but the game is just to screwed up for me.

I will grant that WoW is one of the most polished games out atm but at the end of the day it's just polish crap. IMO anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    Also, who said anything about teaching them a lesson? I know most of these daffy scrubs will never learn, I don't care. They can just keep getting punished for their stupidity and it will make no difference to me. It's all equally amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Question: Do you have mittens attached to your coat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whysomadbrah View Post
    If you have the right gear and go online and look up max threat/healing rotation you can macro it and button smash 1 button etc etc.