Deleted

Exclamation [Suggestions] Feral Combat PvP and Moonkin PvP and thoughts.

Hello, my name is Haspekoo, and here i list suggestions for Feral and Balance PvP and thoughts about the way WoW is going. First of all, no im not high-end PvP:er. I enjoy being casual PvP:er.

Feral Combat

Since 4.0.6, Feral Mobility got hitted hard, and everybody knows it. I dont like the way the Game is going to: Making every Melee exactly same (Interrupts, Disarms, Gap Closers etc.) and Casters (Silences, Instant Casts to assist mobility) PLEASE Blizzard, dont give every Class same tools! Nobody enjoys being a cheap Copy (Druids, Pallys).

I suggest NOT to give Ferals a Freedom, since so many Classes have it already, instead give Ferals ability like: "Sharp Claws" - ability which only breaks Snare, not making immune to it with 15s CD (Duration of DR). Do NOT give us Cloakfake or Vanishfake, give us something new and unique AND lorewise. Think a real Lion could break roots and ice with strong paws? And for god sake buff Stampeding Roar.. I dont want to get abilities with no use, increase its duration, radius and movement buff. Then it could have its use on Peeling situations, help healer get away. This might sound QQing, but its not, its my current thoughts and feelings. AND i know.. This isnt balanced in 1v1 or 2v2, but those situations still exist.. I hate loosing a match versus poor Arcane Mage.. I'd like to every class to be doable.

Balance

I recently dropped my moonkin spec off, because PvP wise its broken. Okay there are several comps via its doable, but the gameplay is just horrible.

I suggest give Moonkins Moonkin form as a CD, i oersonally hate those old pixels, and would immediately roll back a moonkin, if they'd give this.

For example in this form several spells would be encanted.

Wrath: Damage buffed by 10% and Lunar energy generation increased by 20%.
    Starfire: Same things:
    Roots: Instant
    Moonfire: Dot damage increased by 10%
    Insect Swarm: Same
    Cyclone: Range increased 10yd
    Starfall: Stars falling 25-30% faster.
    Wild Mushroom: Dmg increased and able to plant 5 instead 3 Mushroms.

Form would have 25s (31 with talents) duration and 3 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Haspekoo View Post
    Hello, my name is Haspekoo, and here i list suggestions for Feral and Balance PvP and thoughts about the way WoW is going. First of all, no im not high-end PvP:er. I enjoy being casual PvP:er.

Feral Combat

Since 4.0.6, Feral Mobility got hitted hard, and everybody knows it. I dont like the way the Game is going to: Making every Melee exactly same (Interrupts, Disarms, Gap Closers etc.) and Casters (Silences, Instant Casts to assist mobility) PLEASE Blizzard, dont give every Class same tools! Nobody enjoys being a cheap Copy (Druids, Pallys).

I suggest NOT to give Ferals a Freedom, since so many Classes have it already, instead give Ferals ability like: "Sharp Claws" - ability which only breaks Snare, not making immune to it with 15s CD (Duration of DR). Do NOT give us Cloakfake or Vanishfake, give us something new and unique AND lorewise. Think a real Lion could break roots and ice with strong paws? And for god sake buff Stampeding Roar.. I dont want to get abilities with no use, increase its duration, radius and movement buff. Then it could have its use on Peeling situations, help healer get away. This might sound QQing, but its not, its my current thoughts and feelings. AND i know.. This isnt balanced in 1v1 or 2v2, but those situations still exist.. I hate loosing a match versus poor Arcane Mage.. I'd like to every class to be doable.

Balance

I recently dropped my moonkin spec off, because PvP wise its broken. Okay there are several comps via its doable, but the gameplay is just horrible.

I suggest give Moonkins Moonkin form as a CD, i oersonally hate those old pixels, and would immediately roll back a moonkin, if they'd give this.

For example in this form several spells would be encanted.

Wrath: Damage buffed by 10% and Lunar energy generation increased by 20%.
    Starfire: Same things:
    Roots: Instant
    Moonfire: Dot damage increased by 10%
    Insect Swarm: Same
    Cyclone: Range increased 10yd
    Starfall: Stars falling 25-30% faster.
    Wild Mushroom: Dmg increased and able to plant 5 instead 3 Mushroms.

Form would have 25s (31 with talents) duration and 3 min cd.
    How about re-designing Stampeding Roar altogether? Stampeding Roar - The druid goes into a berserk stampede, breaking all roots and increasing it's speed by 40%. 1min CD.
    Would make the ability a lot more interesting and we would get a root breaker (like all other melee!), instead of a breaker+immune. Maybe have it remove Fear as well. This way you had to chose "Should I pop it to escape a Fear, or keep it to escape a possible incoming Root?"

ALSO, about Moonkin. I'd love to see it as a CD. However, something more than just "another dps CD". For example, you could only pop Moonkin Form while in an Eclipse state, and it would only buff that particular Eclipse state. Also, while Moonkin Form would be active, you would never go out of the Eclipse. This way one of the spells would always be buffed for the duration of the Form. Something with a 3m CD, maybe, not sure how Tree Form works atm. Maybe even have different Eclipse states generate different "side-along" abilities. If on an Lunar Eclipse (Lunar Form), Starfire would have a 20% chance to stun your target for 1sec. If on a Solar Eclipse (Solar Form), Wrath would have a 20% chance to slow the target for 3sec. Making it so you would think before using the form - "Should I take advantage of the stun? Do we need it? Should I take advantage of the slow, so my melee companion can burn him faster?"

Another idea came to mind while re-reading. Wrath "side-along" effect - Your knowledge of Nature while in a Solar Eclipse allows your Wrath spell to infect your target with a Magic Mushroom, which explodes within X seconds if not dispelled, doing extra damage and slowing your target for 30% (enhanced to 60% with some talent) for 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-02-20 at 04:15 PM.

Yes, changing up the moonkin play status to make it more viable in PVP would be interesting. But has a whole Moonkins are working really nicely as it is in PvE, which even though "every spec" can be used in pvp, is what i believe moonkins are more geared towards. If your pvp-ing on a druid, you may wish to play a resto... apparently they are the bee's knee.
    My Math is correct, it is supported by Math

Quote Originally Posted by Pastures View Post
    Yes, changing up the moonkin play status to make it more viable in PVP would be interesting. But has a whole Moonkins are working really nicely as it is in PvE, which even though "every spec" can be used in pvp, is what i believe moonkins are more geared towards. If your pvp-ing on a druid, you may wish to play a resto... apparently they are the bee's knee.
    It's really sad when you have to chose a spec (and in this case, an interely different playstyle by chosing the Healing Spec) in order to be competitive. Moonkin PvP improvements would be welcomed, but I don't complain too much about it, I think that, if left alone, we do serious damage. It's only when we get focused on that we have a hard time.

Deleted
    All they need to do is give moonkins instant roots back (via fungal growth talent).

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i would be very happy if they redesign Stampeding Roar, its so useless atm it felt unrewarding lvling my druid, i take anythign over it. atleast they should lower CD to 1min, that would be a step into the right direction.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

moonkin form as a cd is just bad. moonkins need to be viable all the time, not just when starfall/moonkin form are up. losing instant root glyph really fucked over the spec.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

ya make moonkin form a cd so taht i can poly boomkins!!!! also put like a 3s cd on switching back to cat form after an instant cyclone, i wanna poly ferals too

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral:
    Let Berserk break fear, but not granting immunity.
    Let Charge cancel root effects.

Moonkin form as a cd.... are you seriously suggesting that blizzard should make moonkins in pve worthless?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpdinosaur View Post
    Moonkin form as a cd.... are you seriously suggesting that blizzard should make moonkins in pve worthless?
    relax dude. if they made a change to moonkin form to buff pvp, they wouldn't do it without fixing out-of-form damage for both PvE and PvP.

obviously he is not lobbying for nerfs to his class.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I would much prefer a cooldown that you could use while in an eclipse state that doesn't take away perma-moonkin. I was already sad when they took my perma-tree, let's not make it worse :c

Quote Originally Posted by Blueguy View Post
    I would much prefer a cooldown that you could use while in an eclipse state that doesn't take away perma-moonkin. I was already sad when they took my perma-tree, let's not make it worse :c
    at least tree form wasn't as ugly as sin. buuuuut we're getting off topic now...

moonkin could really use some instant roots or something to be able to get away from being loltrained, as they always have been :\

wtb aoe nature's grasp back? D:

Cats: Revert shapeshifting back to root breaking.
    Boomies: Add a talent which forces eclipse states. For example if you're currently in an eclipse state, using this talent will instantly recharge your eclipise bar. If not in an ecliipse state, using this talent instantly puts you into an eclipse state. Good for pve too.
    Nelf Druid. Tank/Melee/Feral PVP. Dreadmaul

Deleted
    Im just wondering how moonkins did in TBC. ;/ With out instant roots, starfall, typhoon, eclipse, silence..