Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Movies that everyone else loved, but you hated.

Okay, inspired by llcjay1's thread about movies you love that everyone else hates, I decided to flipreverse it

in THIS thread we'll be talking about movies that everyone else loved, but YOU hated, here are mine.

Slumdog Millionairre: Honestly hate may be a strong word, I just REALLY did not see what all the fuss was about, it was an average film with a good idea and the dude from Skins in it. Okay the girl playing the adult Latiga was ccrraazzyy hot, but apart from that it was an average movie. Maybe it's just cause I saw it at the same time as The Wrestler, but I didn't think this film was 1/4 as good as everyone else seemed to think it was.

The Hurt Locker: seriously... HOW did this beat Avatar...Best Director sure, she did a great job, but Best FILM? Hell no, I though Jarhead was a better movie, the only reason this film got as highly repped as it did it because it ripped into the Iraq war at a time when it was 'cool' to rag on the war. that's it.

Scary Movie Et Al: Scary Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie. pretty much all the films *word* Movie. terrible terrible movies, scripts written in about 20 mins by a stoned monkey would be more interesting and entertaining. Yet they keep coming out, and people KEEP going to see them.. WHY, I honestly don't understand.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    wanted a 1 word comment, apparently thats not possible on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate Monty Python and the Holy Grail, or any Monty Python material for that matter

Deleted
    Avatar, Pearl Habour, Harry Potter (every single of them), Twilight of course, Resident Evil 2-4, Titanic

Slumdog Millionairre - The Hurt Locker - LA Cofidential - Titanic - Shindler's List

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    District 9.

I don't do gore. It made me cry.

Deleted
    The Expendables. All my friends loved it, but I absolutly hated it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The Expendables. All my friends loved it, but I absolutly hated it.
    The only good parts of the movie were Jet Li and Arnold which was much to short.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wolverine - jesus that movie was a such a big pile of fail.

Any of the Twilight Series

Terminator 2-4

Gran Tourino

Crash

Any of the Harry Potter films. These, especially. It's a paradox to me how anyone finds these remotely entertaining.

The Godfather. Yea, I said it - the Godfather. Why? Because it insists upon itself. That's why.

Brokeback mountian
    Any movie made by M night shammalan (however it is spelled)
    Saw (all of them)
    Friday the 13th (all of them)
    E.T
    The Christmas Carol
    All Shirley Temple movies
    All Brad Pitt movies (including fight club and Troy)
    The new Karate kid Movie

I could go on for pages but those are by far the worst offenders.
    I have not seen any of the twilight series so it was not added to the list.

Deleted
    LOTR pissed me off alot, although i wouldnt say i hated them, just the book is so good, the films kind of look a bit shit in comparison. The way that the dialogue was changed for no reason, the way peter jackson stole ideas from ralph bakshi, then refused to credit him at all. I have far more respect for the bakshi version tbh, despite all its faults. As i say, they are still decent films, but just read the book seriously, its a million times better.

I didnt think much of slumdog either, wouldnt want to watch it again.

I couldnt get past the start of 300 either, i tried 3 times to watch that movie and had to turn it off every time because the start is such drivel.

theres really a ton of movies I hate that other people like, not going to try to mention them here.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-02-20 at 04:17 PM.

fight club
    Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    Sounds like someone was so insecure, they felt immasculated by an anonymous persons virtual representation.* ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    ...everyone in that guild is a top-tuned Dorrito-Pee-bottle raider.

Kick ass.

My brother went on about how he hated it at first, and then it turned out awesome. So I figured I'd give it a try, and I hated it at first, and kept waiting for the part where I wouldn't, like it happened to my brother.... It never came.
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

10+ Year Old Account
    American History X and SAW (all of them). Seriously, what's the fun in SAW? I fall asleep watching it, it's completely boring and pointless. How someone enjoys it is beyond my comprehension.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

The Hangover. It was not funny... at all..
    <DigDug> i think i\'m gonna walk to the movie theater and see dinosaur...
    <kimy-> and be surrounded by like 10 year old girls?
    <Amanda_> He said Dinosaur, not N'Sync.

slumdog millionare and the hurtlocker for me aswell... i was so bored while watching them that i had to pause and play wow several times...
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    LOTR pissed me off alot, although i wouldnt say i hated them, just the book is so good, the films kind of look a bit shit in comparison.
    Aye, same goes (imo) for Harry Potter Books. If you have read the books, THEN watched the films... hmmm, not so thrilling

District 9

All Harry Potters, Fight Club, Avatar, Inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Titancore View Post
    Slumdog Millionairre - The Hurt Locker - LA Cofidential - Titanic - Shindler's List
    The hurt locker was actualy a really good movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaline View Post
    BAH! we cannot intrust the Kingdom of stormwind to a priest! there are children in the city