Poll: Do you like hardcasting aimed shot?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by figgis View Post
    one of our bonuses for specing into MM is 15% more auto shot dmg and casting AiS delays out bonus auto shot dmg making it rather pointless when auto shot is like 3rd or 4th on our most dmging skills
    Worth less does not equal worthless. That extra space makes a world of difference.
    ಠ_ಠ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadWolf View Post
    So boring! And it feels weird to say, "I'm a hunter and I get the most DPS by standing."
    On the contrary I'd say that arrows require more accurate placement (for example into vital enemy organs), and therefore more time standing still, than balls of fire, shadow or ice being hurled into a certain direction.

Arrows are thin and have a flight trajectory, they're not lock-on-target spells (scorch, immolate, corruption) and not giant boulders like Pyroblast, which logically would require less aiming.

Not that it pertains to game mechanics I guess.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-02-20 at 10:03 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    Dont turn this into 'whats realistic and what's not' again please :P. We all know WoW isn't realistic.

OT: I like hardcasting aimed. Makes me feel like I'm actually shooting something, instead of all the insta's flying out etc.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Edit: The one thing I'll favor of the playstyle is that I do enjoy when all our shots interact with our talents so nicely. AiS + ChS (Don't know the "official" abbreviation for chimera shot, sorry) + SS + Piercing Shots is a wonderful thing.
    Chimera Shot is CS. Yes people are using CS for cobra shot, but anybody bringing up cobra shot doesn't have chimera shot as an option in the first place.

Personally, I dislike aimed shot as a focus dump. With fox and auto on the run, blizzard is basically slapping you upside the head and saying "Hey, dps on the run stupid." It feels very against the design they planned on implementing. It goes against wild quiver, it goes against fox, it goes against the auto-shot MM passive. The whole thing makes me feel like I need to take a shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it. I love a castable, hard hitting aimed shot again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what's wrong with the current implementation of AiS. Do Shaman complain about not being able to use Lava Burst while moving? Can Warlocks use Chaos Bolt while moving? No? Then why get in a huff about AiS? It hits like a truck and has no CD, so clearly some drawback needs to be introduced.

I checked the "during certain phase". And I would love to see AiS damage lowered BUT autoshot firing during cast.

Don't like it because it feels weird and the rotation sometimes even feels RNG'ish or unreliable because of the lame 60% proc chance of master marksman and stuff. But since I have no other choice right now since MM is #1, I guess we just gotta do what we gotta do.

I'm hoping the hotfix buff to Aspect might make even BM more interesting, since MM is just... /lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with the current implementation of AiS. Do Shaman complain about not being able to use Lava Burst while moving? Can Warlocks use Chaos Bolt while moving? No? Then why get in a huff about AiS? It hits like a truck and has no CD, so clearly some drawback needs to be introduced.
    Because I liked 4.03's MM rotation? Also, class homogenization makes everything boring.

I feel that ppl that don't want to hard cast AiS in their rotation are lazy.

The old rotation was Steady Shot 5x -> Chimera Shot -> Arcane Shot 4x -> repeat... it was freakin boring as hell and easy.

The new rotation is only *slightly* less boring in that you break up your steady shots a lot more often, it is Steady Shot 2x -> Aimed Shot -> Steady Shot 2x -> Chimera Shot -> repeat.

I don't feel that it is any more chunky, weird, or "feels wrong" compared to the old rotation... you are just too lazy to change. I don't see why I(and a lot of other hunters that like AiS) should be punished by having to use the old boring rotation just because you are too lazy to change.

ALSO, blizzard should NEVER make a signature ability so worthless that it is down played into the role of only being used when it is INSTANT and FREE because it sucks so bad otherwise... look at fire mages, I hate playing them because of it... don't make me hate playing MM also.

I would love to see fox changed to also work with Aimed Shot so that it is not a dps loss in highly mobile situations(pvp and some raid bosses).
    Last edited by spitfirek; 2011-02-21 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyash View Post
    For a while there I thought it was silly that we couldn't use it in Fox... then I remembered what shot we are dealing with. AIMED shot xD
    Bad logic flaw here.....every shot is a "aimed shot"... if they weren't we would miss all the time.

I like it but its very very clunky in 90% of all situations.

Deleted
    As long as you're shooting in the vague direction of a 50-foot dragon, most of your shots are probably still going to hit, even if you don't take the time to aim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadWolf View Post
    So boring! And it feels weird to say, "I'm a hunter and I get the most DPS by standing."
    Every caster would like a word with you.

Hell, every melee in theory does the same DPS standing as moving...I don't see why having to stand to do total optimal DPS is somehow strange.

It WOULD be cool if Fox affected Aimed Shot too, however,
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    As long as you're shooting in the vague direction of a 50-foot dragon, most of your shots are probably still going to hit, even if you don't take the time to aim.
    Ah but does it go to the WEAK SPOT? or does it bounce off his scaly hide? Gotta aim for the eyes, the testicles etc.

No no and no, its incredibly boring to play.

I prefer hard casting Aimed Shot over Arcane Shot spamming.
    But I definitely prefer SV over either of those.