Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    137 solves, still only two rars....why ohhh why...

I don't generally like bumping oldish threads, but I recently took up Tol'Vir digging again and got my recipe finally. It brought back to mind this thread. I figured I'd compile the data we all posted here to make this thread hopefully a bit more useful to others looking for some numbers.

From what was posted...

From those who posted # of jars along with # of solves, we got very close to 1 in every 8 solves being a canopic jar, which is 12.5%. If all common solves are actually of equal rarity, this number should be 14.29%. The numbers are pretty close either way, and you should be able to tell if you're lucky or unlucky with getting jars in the first place.

As far as the rarity of the Vial of the Sands recipe itself? That is hard to say. We have a little bias in posting, I believe, given the really huge number of "I got the recipe in my first jar" posters compared to any other number of jars. Specifically, of those who posted the number of jars taken to get the vial, these numbers were: 1, 14, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1. We can add my 9 to this list now, for whatever that is worth. Of those who didn't yet get the recipe yet at the time of their posting, they had opened the following number of empty jars: 8, 5, 5, 2, 5, 2, 3, 5, 4, 2. It's wrong to just ignore all the people who got their recipe on their first jar, but I'm not really sure of a good way to combine that data given that it seems awfully biased. Hard to draw any meaningful conclusions here, though. If you're up around 10 jars or so without the recipe, you're probably pretty unlucky. Maybe I'd expect it within 5 or 6 jars, which would be in the area of 40-45 solves? Not enough data to feel particularly confident, but it seems like the best we can do here.

It also became pretty obvious pretty quickly how common the scarab pendant and the ring are. Nearly seem to be as common as any one of the specific actual common solves. I'm going to guess the other 4 rares seem to be of equal rarity, though the Scimitar hasn't shown up much in this thread. Lack of significant enough quantity of data causing this? May very well be.

In any case, thanks for the earlier input folks!

220 tol'vir solves, 5 rares (missing the staff) and have made 28 canopic jars. sadly not an alchemist. took over 1000 total solves between my 24th rare, the tol'vir mount, and my 25th, the tol'vir sword.

Dwarf: 31 (rare: 4 solved: 95)
    Draenei: 10 (rare: 2 solved: 13)
    Fossil: 14 (rare: 2 solved: 341)
    Night Elf: 25 (rare: 7 solved: 812)
    Nerubian: 9 (rare: 2 solved: 18)
    Orc: 10 (rare: 1 solved: 11)
    Tol'vir: 12 (rare: 5 solved: 220)
    Troll: 15 (rare: 1 solved: 225)
    Vrykul: 6 (rare: 1 solved: 50)

93 Solves. Only 2 rares. Ring and pendant
    Main- Mage
    Alt- DK
    Alt's alt- Pally

72 Solves, no jars but got the Ring and Pendent. /sigh

I'm only about 25-30 solves in and I've gotten three epics: The mount, ring, and scarab storm pendant.

my solves thus far. not a lot compared to most people probably.

100 Night Elf - 6 rares - no doll
    58 troll - 0 rares
    25 Dwarf - 3 rares - no staff
    23 Tol'vir - 2 rares - no pet, no mount, no staff, sword or recipe.
    18 fossil - 2 rares
    7 Draenei - 1 rare
    6 Nerubian - 0 rares
    5 Orc - 1 rare
    2 Vrykul - 1 rare

thinking about taking a break from archaeology for a while. *crosses figures for 4.1
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2011-03-24 at 05:43 AM. Reason: number of solved

ivee solved about 4 tol'vir solves a day for a month...im tired of the night elf loot popping up...ive cleaned out there race already...

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 05:38 AM ----------

is there a way you can check ur solves? its not under statistics

Quote Originally Posted by Anonius View Post
    I'm only about 25-30 solves in and I've gotten three epics: The mount, ring, and scarab storm pendant.
    nice, grats on the sweet mount!

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 08:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    ivee solved about 4 tol'vir solves a day for a month...im tired of the night elf loot popping up...ive cleaned out there race already...

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 05:38 AM ----------

is there a way you can check ur solves? its not under statistics
    the macro you are looking for should be listed on this page under macros. http://www.wowpedia.org/Archaeology
    Last edited by Evelyn; 2011-03-24 at 08:51 PM.

89 solves, one rare and that was the fucking ring. No battle tank for me it seems, not doing that crap anymore, gl for those who does it though.

Got mount on my 35th solve.
    2 rares before it - Ring of boy emperor and Scarab pendant.
    Mount is amazing , ive been diging for like 5 days around 5-10 hours each day ( yeh idd ) and it really worths it !!!!!!! good luck !!!!!

Tol'vir is starting to bug me.... I have 3 rares at the moment after 129 solves. I have the ring, Monkey paw, and the scarab pendant. My Last rare was on my 64th solve and I cant seem to get another one to proc been farming every day for a little bit since i hit 85 3 days after cata. I hope to get it soon or I'm gonna find better things to spend my 15 bucks a month on :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dairykween View Post
    Tol'vir is starting to bug me.... I have 3 rares at the moment after 129 solves. I have the ring, Monkey paw, and the scarab pendant. My Last rare was on my 64th solve and I cant seem to get another one to proc been farming every day for a little bit since i hit 85 3 days after cata. I hope to get it soon or I'm gonna find better things to spend my 15 bucks a month on :P
    You're in the same boat as my lock then. Between them, my warrior and lock have done 600ish solves, and no mount. [was 604 last i counted but i've done some today.]
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Yeah its frustrating.. but this strange energy still keeps me going. Gives me something to do while I'm qued for a heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the mount on my first and only tol'vir solve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Got the mount on my first and only tol'vir solve.
    You make me want to /wrists QQ

50 or so solves netted my warrior the ring.....

10 commons 1 rare (ring) and working on scarab pendant currently.

22 commons, 3 rares (bugs, mount, ring). 3 jars, no recipe.

12 commons, and the 13th was the ring. haven't done archaeology since

80+ tolvir no mount

250 NE no trinket.. yeah !

a yeah + 40 tolvir on my twink <.< so 120 no mount

but trinket after a few NE <.<
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2011-04-01 at 10:35 PM.