Deleted

Help! Holy Paladin Talents

Hello guys, I've been wondering if which talent would give me the greater output/help to the raid.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIozrkhufkhbZcb
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzrkuubdhZcbM
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIozrkhufkhZcbM

Also, is Jar of Ancient Remedies (norm) better combined with the alchemy trinket or should I use the alchemy trinket + CoR? I have access to the trinket from Cho'gall too.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first spec you have is the spec that I use, except I have Sacred Cleansing instead of Blessed Life. It's served me really well. In a 25-man setting, or if I were allowed to not spec Sacred Cleansing, I'd probably put the last point in Blessed Life as you have.

Are you doing 10 man or 25 man?

I wanted to have both EG and BL, but I couldn't get it in my spec without sacrificing Crusade, which is just not something you should compromise. So, since we're a 10-man raiding guild and I WoG fairly often, I felt that EG would net me more Holy Power overall, which looking back at the logs turned out to be accurate.

BiS List from EJ states, in this order (using INT 144.5/SPIRIT 110/HASTE 120.5 as a stat weight):
    [Shard of Woe]
    [Tyrande's Favorite Doll]
    [Jar of Ancient Remedies] (Heroic)
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone (Concentration)
    [Fall of Mortality] (Heroic)
    [Darkmoon Card: Tsunami]
    [Jar of Ancient Remedies]
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone (Mythical)
    [Fall of Mortality]
    [Core of Ripeness]
    [Witching Hourglass]
    [Tear of Blood]
    [Figurine - Dream Owl]

When it says Concentration and Mythical, that means the value of the trinket varies depending on which you use.

Based on this list, you should probably go Jar/Vibrant.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-20 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    The first spec you have is the spec that I use, except I have Sacred Cleansing instead of Blessed Life. It's served me really well. In a 25-man setting, or if I were allowed to not spec Sacred Cleansing, I'd probably put the last point in Blessed Life as you have.

Are you doing 10 man or 25 man?

I wanted to have both EG and BL, but I couldn't get it in my spec without sacrificing Crusade, which is just not something you should compromise. So, since we're a 10-man raiding guild and I WoG fairly often, I felt that EG would net me more Holy Power overall, which looking back at the logs turned out to be accurate.

BiS List from EJ states, in this order (using INT 144.5/SPIRIT 110/HASTE 120.5 as a stat weight):
    [Shard of Woe]
    [Tyrande's Favorite Doll]
    [Jar of Ancient Remedies] (Heroic)
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone (Concentration)
    [Fall of Mortality] (Heroic)
    [Darkmoon Card: Tsunami]
    [Jar of Ancient Remedies]
    Vibrant Alchemist's Stone (Mythical)
    [Fall of Mortality]
    [Core of Ripeness]
    [Witching Hourglass]
    [Tear of Blood]
    [Figurine - Dream Owl]

When it says Concentration and Mythical, that means the value of the trinket varies depending on which you use.

Based on this list, you should probably go Jar/Vibrant.
    We are a 25 man guild and on fights like Cho'gall I feel like using WoG a lot more often on the tank than casting Light of Dawn on the raid, however there are several fights when I don't use WoG at all or just a couple of times. Basicly my question is if Eternal Glory of Pursuit of Justice would be the better.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzrzuufohbZcb i made that right now, idk about trinkets but i know that spec is win ; any question?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzrzuufohbZcb i made that right now, idk about trinkets but i know that spec is win ; any question?
    My only problem with this spec is that you don't have at least 1 point in Enlightened Judgements. This means Judgements can miss, and that's a huge source of paladin regen, if you play it right. It also makes you less able to take advantage of Crusader Striking for Holy Power, since you are no longer given Holy Power on a miss.

To the OP: Eternal Glory will net you more Holy Power, but PoJ is really for the tiniest bit of mobility. I'd do EG and then Lavawalker to boots if the mobility is that critical to you, tbh.

This is my talent build, for reference.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-02-20 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    My only problem with this spec is that you don't have at least 1 point in Enlightened Judgements. This means Judgements can miss, and that's a huge source of paladin regen, if you play it right. It also makes you less able to take advantage of Crusader Striking for Holy Power, since you are no longer given Holy Power on a miss.

To the OP: Eternal Glory will net you more Holy Power, but PoJ is really for the tiniest bit of mobility. I'd do EG and then Lavawalker to boots if the mobility is that critical to you, tbh.
    Thank you for your answers, got my talent now.

10+ Year Old Account
    np, glad to help

Deleted
    np, glad to help
    Err... another question. Glyph of Holy Shock or Glyph of Divine Favor?

Quote Originally Posted by Unsafe View Post
    We are a 25 man guild and on fights like Cho'gall I feel like using WoG a lot more often on the tank than casting Light of Dawn on the raid, however there are several fights when I don't use WoG at all or just a couple of times. Basicly my question is if Eternal Glory of Pursuit of Justice would be the better.
    If you are in a 25man guild (as you have already stated) it makes it much easier to guarentee a 6-person hit with LoD, healing for more on your beacond target than a WoG would, as well as providing some raid healing, presuming your beacon is on the tank you would go to cast WoG on, Eternal Glory is a less-substantial talent than Blessed Life / Sacred Cleansing.

In reply to your glyph question, since LoD can heal more than WoG, the WoG glyph is pretty useless (at least for my play style, it obviously varies from person to person). I chose the Holy Shock, Divine Favor + SoI glyph

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Favor.

Divine Favor is 1.1% crit and 1.1% haste boost, its personal preference but I'd take Holy Shock every time

As for spec, http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIozrkuufzhZcbM is pretty much the agreed upon 25 man spec
    Last edited by Xs; 2011-02-20 at 10:40 PM.

Both of them and get rid of Word of Glory !: