Page 1 of 2
LastLast

how to change shapeshifting for feral reliably

Hey guys just some quick ideas on how to change shapeshifting back for feral or even for all 3 specs. I was thinking maybe they should add the mechanic to barkskin instead. Like barkskin reduces damage by 20% and breaks all root/slowing effects and makes us immune for 8 seconds. Its a 1 min cooldown so its not extremely overpowered, while it still helps us alot on still having better mobility than what the nerf bat hit us with.

Possibly Add the mechanic to survival instincts to remove fear and make immune for the duration of survival instincts? That way this is only in the feral tree. Which imo is the only one who need a fear break mechanic to get back on the target.

It just seems that this nerf bat hit us to hard on our mobility. As of right now for 3v3 arenas i have to spec into natural reaction to reduce damage by 12% in bear form and perserverance to reduce spell damage by 4% so i go bear form when im rooted to reduce the damage. This is great an all but id much rather have fury swipes and primal madness to boost my dps seeing how we dont have nearly as high burst dps as other classes in arenas.

I dare not pop out into caster form to cyclone the target who roots me for fear that ill get cc fuked over for even longer....(unless its a hunter in which trys poping scare beast or druid trying to hibernate after they root us)

If you guys have any other ideas feel free to post them. Please to anyone who comes QQ'ing on here that we were over powered when we had either of these mechanics, just go troll some other forum please we are now the most CC'able class in game next to our warrior brothers and our rogue sisters(not including sub. spec). If your going to QQ about any of this then atleast do it in a constructive manner in which describes why in a logical way.

Deleted
    I think your suggestions are pretty good. I don't play that much arena so my exp is a wee bit low. Then again I think everything is quite balanced more or less.

Oh right.. Hope you have your Anti-Magic Zone cooldown up because Rain of Fire incoming

Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    Hey guys just some quick ideas on how to change shapeshifting back for feral or even for all 3 specs. I was thinking maybe they should add the mechanic to barkskin instead. Like barkskin reduces damage by 20% and breaks all root/slowing effects and makes us immune for 8 seconds. Its a 1 min cooldown so its not extremely overpowered, while it still helps us alot on still having better mobility than what the nerf bat hit us with.

Possibly Add the mechanic to survival instincts to remove fear and make immune for the duration of survival instincts? That way this is only in the feral tree. Which imo is the only one who need a fear break mechanic to get back on the target.

It just seems that this nerf bat hit us to hard on our mobility. As of right now for 3v3 arenas i have to spec into natural reaction to reduce damage by 12% in bear form and perserverance to reduce spell damage by 4% so i go bear form when im rooted to reduce the damage. This is great an all but id much rather have fury swipes and primal madness to boost my dps seeing how we dont have nearly as high burst dps as other classes in arenas.

I dare not pop out into caster form to cyclone the target who roots me for fear that ill get cc fuked over for even longer....(unless its a hunter in which trys poping scare beast or druid trying to hibernate after they root us)

If you guys have any other ideas feel free to post them. Please to anyone who comes QQ'ing on here that we were over powered when we had either of these mechanics, just go troll some other forum please we are now the most CC'able class in game next to our warrior brothers and our rogue sisters(not including sub. spec). If your going to QQ about any of this then atleast do it in a constructive manner in which describes why in a logical way.
    I posted this on a different thread, but I'll paraphrase what I said before:

Stampeding Roar - The druid goes into a berserk stampede, breaking all roots and Fear effects and increasing speed by 40%.

This way it wouldn't be OP. It's a break, not a break+immunity. And it's for both, so you have to think before using. Will you really need to break that root? Do you really need to break that Fear?

It would help making Stampeding Roar a little bit more attractive, too!

Those sound fine but they still put the same mechanics we had before just on different abilities. Now the root immunity for barkskin wouldn't be bad it would be like a rogue CoS but I don't think that we need a fear immunity just a fear break. Like the thing that pissed me off the most with the change to berserk was the fact that they removed the fear immunity AND the fear break from it. I think for berserk they should put the fear break back on it so that we can actually just break a fear once every 3 mins but not the fear immunity which is what made it a bit op.

And from a pve view point giving feral a fear break would be really nice for tanking which is what I do and won't make warriors the only tank that can essentially break fear. (not 100% sure if lich borne breaks fear or not)

Quote Originally Posted by Brothar View Post
    Those sound fine but they still put the same mechanics we had before just on different abilities. Now the root immunity for barkskin wouldn't be bad it would be like a rogue CoS but I don't think that we need a fear immunity just a fear break. Like the thing that pissed me off the most with the change to berserk was the fact that they removed the fear immunity AND the fear break from it. I think for berserk they should put the fear break back on it so that we can actually just break a fear once every 3 mins but not the fear immunity which is what made it a bit op.

And from a pve view point giving feral a fear break would be really nice for tanking which is what I do and won't make warriors the only tank that can essentially break fear. (not 100% sure if lich borne breaks fear or not)
    Slightly untrue. Previously we could shift out of roots everytime we felt like it, and it was a fear break+immunity. People are suggesting an ability with a relatively long CD, to break ONE root effect / ONE fear effect(without immunity).

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post

Stampeding Roar - The druid goes into a berserk stampede, breaking all roots and Fear effects and increasing speed by 40%.

This way it wouldn't be OP. It's a break, not a break+immunity. And it's for both, so you have to think before using. Will you really need to break that root? Do you really need to break that Fear?

You mean, making Stampeding Roar actually USEFUL? Damn, I like that idea. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post

yea thats def a nice idea too, that way for the 3 secs you might be in fear or root before pressing you close in with it rather than needing to waste charge.

15+ Year Old Account
    welcome to a warriors perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Modify View Post
    welcome to a warriors perspective.
    Welcome to the Druid Forum. If you have something constructive to say about "how to change shapeshifting for feral reliably", please feel free to say so. If not, please shut up.

Also:

Heroic Fury - Removes any Immobilization effects and refreshes the cooldown of your Intercept ability.

Bladestorm - Instantly whirlwind all nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform one whirlwind attack every 1 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other abilities but you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless you are killed.

Berserker Rage - Removes and grants immunity to Fear, Sap and Incapacitate effects. Generates extra rage when taking damage. 10 sec duration.

Clearly, the Warrior perspective is AWFUL! Amirite?
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-02-21 at 02:23 AM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Dispersion: Restores mana and adds survivability. Spriest is suffering from mana issues in arena and can't afford to use dispersion for that, but everyone says they already have too many mana regen abilities.

Coming from a spriest, double purpose spells are not good. You are going to use it for one and then miss it for the next and still everyone will say you already have the tools you need. SR is a better choice to play around imo. After all it's supposed to help the mobility.

Another option is to remove charges shared CD and let Bear charge break snares while cat charge remains the same.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brothar View Post
    ...(not 100% sure if lich borne breaks fear or not)
    Yup Lichborne breaks fear as well as being a fear immunity.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

Welcome to being a melee, n not having 100% uptime on the target ur killing
    Stop with the QQ, you stil hit like trucks, stil stupidly difficult to peal off anyone, and hav more than enough tricks to get back to people when you do get pealed.
    Being CC'd is part of the game, get used to it.
    lets make Ferals immune to fear agen, but lets make everyone else immune to cyclone? ur already immune to polymorphs. U got an interupt u can use 15 yards away to charge back to the target, infected wounds 100% uptime for free jus by smackin sum1, and ur normal charge. Seriously i play my alt feral in stand heroic blues n stil think its got way to many ways to close down gaps n destroy people.

Go roll one of these classes thats supposidly shutting you down for 10000% of the fight and see what its like when you come accross sum1 who knows how to play feral n chew ur face off.

But the people saying about stampeding roar to break roots etc, is actually a good idea. the people wanting immunities on top of it are just dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Stop with the QQ, you stil hit like trucks, stil stupidly difficult to peal off anyone, and hav more than enough tricks to get back to people when you do get pealed.
    lets make Ferals immune to fear agen, but lets make everyone else immune to cyclone? ur already immune to polymorphs. U got an interupt u can use 15 yards away to charge back to the target, infected wounds 100% uptime for free jus by smackin sum1, and ur normal charge. Seriously i play my alt feral in stand heroic blues n stil think its got way to many ways to close down gaps n destroy people.

Go roll one of these classes thats supposidly shutting you down for 10000% of the fight and see what its like when you come accross sum1 who knows how to play feral n chew ur face off.

But the people saying about stampeding roar to break roots etc, is actually a good idea. the people wanting immunities on top of it are just dumb.
    Please humor us and post your class/spec and character link so we can be embarrassed even more.

Anyway seems ret is the new feral regarding mobility.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Im just tossing this out there, but I think the mobility nerf to feral was merely a plan by blizzard to get all the FoTM re-rollers away from druids. I think with 4.1 they will sneak the ability to shift out of roots back into the game and just buff some other low represented class so re-rollers go there. Pure tinfoil hat theroy, but one none the less.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Please humor us and post your class/spec .
    Dont think you know how to read =(

Dont think you know how to read =(
    1306 in 3v3, 17.9k honorable kills..

And ...

... here it comes ...

... wait for it ...

... yeah ...
    ... nearly ...

**drumroll**

A DK.
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    1306 in 3v3, 17.9k honorable kills..
    Didnt beleive i said i was an avid pvp'er? and if u notice i was talking about my feral druid if u actually read wot i said. My warlock is pve purley, i pvp in a pve spec with a random set up for jokes.

I've played 2s and 3s with a feral for the last 3 seasons at 2.4k+.
    Feral is still highly viable in 2s(if they play with a dispeller), but not at all in 3s.
    Babysitting my feral is all I do as the healer in 3s, without him having 80%+ uptime he can rarely do any form of peeling/cc'ing.
    Its probably possible they are viable in double freedom setups such as Holypala/Hunter/Feral.

Feral damage is fine, a relocating of damage from bleeds to direct damage was needed.
    All they currently need is a rootbreaker with ~2 minutes cooldown so they can possibly get to their target/get away from the zerg once his healer is unable to dispell. Adding a root break to Stampeding Roar looks to me like its the best option.

Another thing they could do is to make Berserk remove fear on use while in Bearform, but not granting them immunity to it.
    Fixing the issue for Druid tanks, and being able to break a fear at the cost of damage for a short duration. This would also increase the skillcap on feral(I love things that increase skillcaps <3)!

yea this coming from an affliction lock , and u thought people wouldnt say please leave troll? rofl

Secondly my hunter was my main for 2 years, and i aswell have a lock of which i dont play because it lacks any kind of character to the class....Dot.dot.dot.dot. fear, fear, shadowbolt, silence with pet (or another cc) , refresh dots rinse and repeat.... I also have a deathknight .....

i choose feral because i love melee classes more than anything and being able to stick on a target like glue while having MEDIOCRE damage at best was the key reason i played feral (among others)......Our damage isnt shit with someone at 3k + resilience. I can show you maybe 15k crits with ravage, maybe 5k-9k crits with bleeds. I see mages doing 20k hits on me no problem.

btw skull bash is shit, u click on it and it takes 2-3 secs to actually work(and i use addons so that spells cast on click not release) not to mention half the time ill be clicking it 5 yards away from someone just out of melee range and it will say to far away. So skullbash in my opion is broken right hunder herioc leap....

Yea we are immune to sheep and hex, which are the only 2 things. Guess what are you immune to scare beast? hibernate? so before you say something so utterly stupid please think first troll. Dont tell me to get a healer in another post either cuz first of healers actually being able to cleanse me non stop in bgs is a rarity, and even in arenas if my healer is constantly wasting cleanse on me to remove the 80 thousand fear mechanics people have now, and the 40 thousand root mechanics guess what 1, hes gunna oom faster than any other team, 2. hes cleansing me and NOT HEALING.......

Sick of non feral mains coming in here and thinking just because they play the game their QQ is valid.....IF ur not FERAL DRUID and dont have a constructive reason, facts, or ideas to either explain why or why not something should change then dont bother wasting your time posting

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 01:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nun View Post
    I've played 2s and 3s with a feral for the last 3 seasons at 2.4k+.
    Feral is still highly viable in 2s(if they play with a dispeller), but not at all in 3s.
    Babysitting my feral is all I do as the healer in 3s, without him having 80%+ uptime he can rarely do any form of peeling/cc'ing.
    Its probably possible they are viable in double freedom setups such as Holypala/Hunter/Feral.

Feral damage is fine, a relocating of damage from bleeds to direct damage was needed.
    All they currently need is a rootbreaker with ~2 minutes cooldown so they can possibly get to their target/get away from the zerg once his healer is unable to dispell. Adding a root break to Stampeding Roar looks to me like its the best option.

Another thing they could do is to make Berserk remove fear on use while in Bearform, but not granting them immunity to it.
    Fixing the issue for Druid tanks, and being able to break a fear at the cost of damage for a short duration. This would also increase the skillcap on feral(I love things that increase skillcaps <3)!
    I agree on this totally, i mean itd be nice to break fear and not just be feared again right after , but i can not stress the ammount of times ive gotten a lock, priest, or any toon down to the redzone (20k hp) and then been feared and been able to LAWL as they heal full in a matter of seconds beofre i even exit fear.....

We as feral druid now have literally one viable cc and its being immune to poly and hex thats it....If you feel like counting slowing effects go right ahead but for those few seconds you pop out of form to cast your free cyclone, or for any reason , once your caught your F'kd. Ive tossed up my clones in arena and at terrible timing warriors or another class will stun me just in time while i have to wait for a global fkin cooldown to shapeshift again.....guess what follows after that? a full poly, or hex, or fear, or something else of the bazillion ccs now in this game

For the longest time i would say warriors were the most CC'able class in game.....i now believe weve replaced our plate brothers