Gear to Dps expectation

I recently revived my shadow priest from a deep sleep after xpac and have started to gear it up. Currently gear is a mixed bag of what ever drops, and a number of items i know are not suited and since i power leveled quickly through alot of instances, i dont have faction rep for shoulder or head chants.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dzorr/advanced

That is my toon. What i am unsure of is the dps i should expect from the gear that i have. On the dummy i hit around 10k sustained dps, and between 11-12k on heroic bosses. To me these numbers don't set my world on fire and on my shaman in offspec gear as ele i do 12k (i know ele carries its own buffs)....So i am unsure what sort of numbers i should expect from my average gear

Use a simulator of some sort, that's the only way to show what dps you should be around.

If you are gearing up, you'll need just 6% hit (assuming you are grinding rep and farming some 346s).

For the gear you have and the dps you listed it sounds about normal to what I have seen. Like someone said if you are still mostly doing heroics and not raiding you can drop a bunch of that hit rating.

If you are raiding you can probably reforge some of your reforges to spirit into haste instead and might be able to do more dps. Depends on how comfortable with going below the hit cap you are and how quickly you can react if you do miss on a spell.