I was testing some overclocks on my motherboard when I noticed that I had not put my RAM in dual channel mode. I had just recently built the machine and was quick about it, so I guess I wasn't paying much attention. Anyways, before I switched to dual channel I had my processor overclocked to about 3.6 GHz (i5 760). Everything ran fine, and the highest temperature I've gotten would be around 40 Celcius. I switched to dual channel, and now I constantly freeze about 5 minutes after starting up the computer. Same settings on the BIOS and no explanation. I won't even get a blue screen, it'd just be a sudden freeze. I heard that dual channel mode is nothing but positive, but I suspect it is making my machine freeze up after overclocking. Should I set my DRAM frequency up, or is there an explanation for this?

---------- Post added 2011-02-21 at 03:27 AM ----------

I increased the DRAM freq. and I haven't had any issues...yet. I even ran Prime95 for a while (10 minutes), and it's still going alright. I guess it just didn't like DRAM on Auto, if this fixes it, that is.