Issue with MMO Champ/Curse Blue Tracker links....

i really dont do a ton of posting, but i do surf the forums constantly. i really enjoy randomly reading the Blue Tracker posts, sometimes for laughs and sometimes for actual information, but im running into an issue that not only doesnt make sense from a design aspect, but also from a general customer service aspect as well.

after clicking on the blue tracker posts from the main MMO Champion page, it redirects you to the shortened version of the forum. now, as a habit, i click the outside of the conversation so that i can scroll down the page with my mouse easily, which i am sure alot of you do also. EVERY single time you do this, it redirects you to the Wowstead.com page!

its not a huge deal, but honestly, its really annoying. i can understand if its a banner your clicking on or whatever, but its literally the entire page outside of the small text box that the posts conversation is in!

am i just OCD'ing here or does anyone else have an issue with this????

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    As you said, it's a banner on the side of the screen. This is only because mmo-champion is run by advertisement. They don't have an income from other than that.

When I click to see the blue posts, I see a big banner in the background of wowsteed.com. A lot of sites do that, and I have also found it quite annoying since I have the same habit as you. However, there is nothing to do about it unless you're adding a non-advertisement addon to your browser.

yea, i totally get why its there, but even other sites that are similar have a cookie that tracks if you have already been directed to the site recently, there in disabling it after one or two clicks.
    like i said, its nothing major, just a little annoyance that bugs me haha

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, been there. I've never needed to scroll much on that site though, so it haven't really been affecting me much. Go 1920x1200 :>

Edit:

Actually, when I went there now there were no advertisement. I could click where ever on the site I would (except the little squared part near the top) without being sent anywhere. So it does seem like there are something with cookies there
    Last edited by Shjak; 2011-02-21 at 05:51 AM.