Hunter - aspect switching/spamming macros for post hotfix.

So I've been fiddling with /cast !Aspect of the Hawk line in my instant shot macros ( in order to maximize DPS you want to be in hawk and only be in fox when castign cobra/steayd shot AND moving), and while it works.. it does tend to get a little spammy since it'll "recast" aspect of the hawk with every instant... and the sound is a little obnoxious. Is there any script I can add to make aspect switching/spamming not make that sound? The fact that it casts the aspect every shot is largely immaterial since the instant shot and the aspect change are on separate 1 sec gcds, so doing hawk/instant into a fox/cobra shouldn't have any problems ( except maybe some server lag issues with thinking I am not in fox).

Further I'm wanting to put some kind of start attack in my cobra macros for those times when i trap launcher or FD and my auto shot won't resume until after I finish casting a cobra shot. I recall there being some issue with a certain command delaying hunter auto attacks, so I am curious what the proper line to put in would be.

Thanks in advance

Edit: One further macro question,
    Is it possible to make a Hunter's Mark macro that when i am out of combat simply cast Hunter's Mark, but while In Combat do hunter's mark + /petattack
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2011-02-21 at 07:19 AM.

Deleted
    #showtooltip aspect of the hawk
    /console sound_enablesfx 0
    /cast !aspect of the hawk
    /console sound_enablesfx 1

#show hunters mark
    /cast hunters mark
    /pettack [combat]

maybe they are working like this, just wrote out of my mind, at school atm

While i appreciate the suggestions, neither of those works as is. the sound of the aspect switch is actually delayed significantly from the button press =\ and that mark macro simply makes the pet attack whether I am in combat or not.

I guess on the upside SKREE! ( the sound of AotH) will likely become a running joke in my guild, and no one will want to stand near me.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Hunter's Mark
    /stopmacro [nocombat]
    /petattack

Deleted
    Seems like macros with nosound aren't working anymore :<

Quote Originally Posted by Arosk View Post
    Seems like macros with nosound aren't working anymore :<
    That's not it at all... There's a difference between error sounds and spell casts - silencing spellcasts is rather clumsy, specially if it's gonna be done often. Your best bet would be identifying the sound file for the aspect sound and making WoW run an empty file instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    While i appreciate the suggestions, neither of those works as is. the sound of the aspect switch is actually delayed significantly from the button press =\ and that mark macro simply makes the pet attack whether I am in combat or not.
    Since you posted this, treeston made a hunter's mark macro that will do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    I guess on the upside SKREE! ( the sound of AotH) will likely become a running joke in my guild, and no one will want to stand near me.
    No matter what you do on your pc (macros / addons / replacing sound files), it only affects your pc... everyone else would still hear your aspect switch.
    Last edited by perera; 2011-02-21 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast !Aspect of the Fox
    /in 0.4 /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    This macro should work, you only need an addon like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SlashInin.html for the /in command to work.'
    Change 0.4 depending on your latency.

Thank you treeston, that Hunter's Mark macro works well for allowing me to mark pre-pull, but also use mark to ensure my pet's attacking on Target swaps.

As for the Hawk sound thing, I think I'll keep an eye out for someone more knowledgeable than I do figure out which sound file I'd need to replace, and then post it on the guild forums for anyone else who doesn't like the sound.

Edit: Found this thread ( http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2512625?page=1 )on the official forums which has you download a blank .wav from curse ( http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...zz-b-gone.aspx ) and rename it to AspectofTheHawk.wav and Pathfinding.wav in order to eliminate the aspect changing sounds when those files are placed in the YOUR WOW INSTALL\Data\Sound\Spells folder
    I recommend reading the thread for specific instructions.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2011-02-21 at 09:01 PM.