Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Need help with my computer ;/

Okay, so I have a pretty decent computer, and for some reason I have crazy FPS lag on WoW and Rift. I'm pulling about 20 or less fps on the lowest quality for WoW and about 10 on Rift. I've checked for newer drivers and can't seem to find anything relevant to my situation. Does anyone have any idea as to what I could do to allow me to play these games?

My specs are:
    5 Gigs of RAM
    AMD Phenom 9150e Quad core CPU @ 1.80 GHZ
    Vista 64 bit
    the graphics card I think is an intergrated one..
    Nvidia 6150SE nForce 430

any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance!

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the Computer Subforums.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even see that :P

Thanks

Well..

Your computer is not "pretty decent", it's absolutely terrible. The FPS you're getting is pretty much what you would expect from that piece of crap. Just get some cheap video card (integrated motherboard GPUs are definitely not meant for gaming) and you should see a huge FPS boost.
    Last edited by Mahmutti; 2011-02-21 at 08:26 AM.

It's gotta be the graphics card. Your CPU could be bottle necked due to that as well, which brings your whole computer speed down. You could get a cheap graphics card that will handle World of Warcraft and Rift.

Check on Newegg for EVGA 01G-P3-1452-TR GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) Superclocked 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card That is a mid line card I'd say, it should run WoW pretty good on high graphics. (Sorry I couldn't post a link)
    "I always wanted to start my own religion… so I did."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks xmcdizzle for the very informative post. I'll probs go fishing on newegg for a new graphics card tomorrow. Thank you so much as well mahmutti, your absolutely splendid post was wrapped around you being a complete asshole

Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Okay, so I have a pretty decent computer, and for some reason I have crazy FPS lag on WoW and Rift. I'm pulling about 20 or less fps on the lowest quality for WoW and about 10 on Rift. I've checked for newer drivers and can't seem to find anything relevant to my situation. Does anyone have any idea as to what I could do to allow me to play these games?

My specs are:
    5 Gigs of RAM
    AMD Phenom 9150e Quad core CPU @ 1.80 GHZ
    Vista 64 bit
    the graphics card I think is an intergrated one..
    Nvidia 6150SE nForce 430

any help would be really appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance!
    This alone will rape your fps. Considering you're using some terribad nForce chipset, the intergrated graphics is propably even bad for intergrated graphics.

Vista is bad OS performance wise.

Your CPU clock speed is low for WoW, very low for Rift.

If you were to upgrade one part for some FPS boost, get a new graphics card. Integrated ones suck donkey balls for gaming. Geforce 450 will propably be enough, your CPU will likele bottleneck anything better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the info!

Get a dedicated graphics card. Something like a $100 5770 from newegg will cap out WoW:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-338-_-Product
    or you can get a GTS 450 for $10 less after MIR:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-062-_-Product
    5770 is slightly better, but the difference is not going to be noticeable, especially not with the CPU you currently have.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely