10+ Year Old Account

Question Ati driver 10.9 - but it color settings (edid) wont apply *help*

Hello, i recently formarted my pc what i wish i didn't -.- .. first time i formating my pc after bought it around 6-7 months old only
    so now to my question that i hope anyone can solve since i dont get much responds on ati forum, when i try to apply the setting named (EDID) checked it just reset and unchecked it.. i used to have this driver before with no problems at all so i think it was pretty weird - but can it be because i need a older driver example the one that was on the cd
    when i bought the pc? cant remember if i just installed the driver from cd and then 10.9 but i know i installed the driver from the cd 100%

hope anyone got an idea

also got another question, when i ALT+TAB world of warcraft it taking some time before it do it and it wasnt there before the formating

- Kasper Nielsen

Deleted
    Hey,

First of, I would never post my full/real name on a forum, but that's personal opinion I suppose.

Secondly, your explanation is a bit vague, but I understand you got the driver from the cd? Those are most likely outdated (as the pc is roughly 7 months old). Can you not get the drivers from the AMD website? ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx )

The Alt-tab thingy can also be a driver issue, could you press the START + R button? Type devmgmt.msc in the window that pops up, and then click enter/ok. Are there any devices in that list with an exclamation-mark (!) or cross or something similar? If so, what?

- MK

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, first of all thanks for my first respond.. but i think i wrote something wrong

#1. I downloaed driver 10.9 right at start not the driver from the cd, but when i bought the pc i started installed the driver from my cd and then updated it but dont know what version i updated it to but well the problem is in my color settings in driver 10.9 wont apply my (EDID) color options wich is pretty important for me since im kind a perfection guy when we talk about color i really want the color i had before and i can remember that setting was pressed on

#2 there was no drivers with an (!) on except my "Marvell 91xx config ata device" and "USB-controller (universal Serial bus)

Hope anyone got a solution, and yes i tryed to reinstall the driver with "driver sweeper" if you want to know

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy help

Still need help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qubis View Post
    also got another question, when i ALT+TAB world of warcraft it taking some time before it do it and it wasnt there before the formating
    You sure you didn't run the game in Windowed (Fullscreen mode)?

Alt tabbing from a proper fullscreen requires a little bit of time because graphics "configurations" have to change to those used by Windows from those used by WoW. In windowed mode, Windows settings are always used - thus a full change is never performed, eliminating that wait time.

Deleted
    Can't you just edit the color settings of your monitor?..

Have you reinstalled/updated your Monitor drivers since your format? EDID stands for Extended Display Identification Data and is used to allow your monitor to communicate to your graphics card what its capabilities are. Not having the proper drivers for the display won't allow it to be detected properly, likely the cause of the EDID being reset every time you check it.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Did you have a custom ICC profile enabled in Windows Vista/7 (assuming one of those is the OS you are using)? Some monitor drivers come with them and either install them with their driver, or the OEM manufacturer does.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy ok

Thanks for finally some threads at my post, Well the first i did when i formated my pc was installed all the windows drivers inclusive the driver for my screen
    i was showed on the windows update as normal so yep i installed it, else woulnd't i could run 1680x1050 mode so :S

and for the "profile" nope i never used to have a profile tbh dont know how it works since i didn't need it

hope anyone got a solution

The profile issue aside, I wouldn't suggest using a driver that isn't current. To my knowledge you can download the 11.2 drivers right now (or at least I can from the XFX site).

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey prentice, 11.2 driver got some problems else would i use it , can't remember if its the pink/gray weird color issue when (edid) is pressed
    or of its the slow dx11 ALT+TAB already tryed the driver so - i used to have 10.9 without any problemens thats why i want it now

I just installed 11.2 last night before I went to bed. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have to check it out.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy help :((

i really dont know this problem, some other drivers dont got the problem with (edid) settings as i know so far its 10.8 - 10.9 that got it
    but they got ther bugs like pink issue and stuff else would i use em or slow minimizing, this drivers was the only without bugs i guess for me
    Last edited by Qubis; 2011-02-23 at 05:21 PM.

Catalyst 11.2 drivers aren't really all that bad, just don't try to play League of Legends with them. In Dragon Age, I get some wonkiness to the environment, but that's about it, everything else actually increased performance.

Also, if you play either of these games, or are having issues in some other game, I suggest just going to 11.1a (http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...11aHotfix.aspx). They're really the best drivers that are out so far, especially for the 6800 and 6900 cards.

Also, what exactly is your video card and what is your monitor? Sometimes Windows update will have a driver for your monitor, and it's recommend that you get it for reasons listed in previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Catalyst 11.2 drivers aren't really all that bad, just don't try to play League of Legends with them.
    Oh crap. I play LoL just about every night after raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Oh crap. I play LoL just about every night after raids.
    D: The only time I tried to play LoL with the 11.2 drivers, I had the absolute WORST game ever. Commands weren't going through, lag out the ass (with a 50ms ping) among other horrible issues. Reverted to 11.1a, and it was all better... though my ping skyrocketed D:

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    D: The only time I tried to play LoL with the 11.2 drivers, I had the absolute WORST game ever. Commands weren't going through, lag out the ass (with a 50ms ping) among other horrible issues. Reverted to 11.1a, and it was all better... though my ping skyrocketed D:
    GG. I guess we'll see tonight.