What valor ring for holy?

Hey

I have enough Valor Points to buy one of the rings, but I can't decide which one to get. I feel that the mastery one is only good due to the spirit, and the other one is only good due to haste. So which one do you recommend I get? My guild is currently starting to do heroic modes, and i do feel that mana is a problem in some fights, like chimaeron hc.

My character is Keari on Talnivarr EU.

Any other tips about gearing/talents etc are ofc welcome! Thanks in advance.

I would personally always take crit over mastery, and reforge the other stat to the missing of spirit/haste. So what i would do (and did) was buy the crit haste and reforge crit to spirit.
    (No i really really don't like mastery)
    Mysteel - my armory

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you are slightly undergeared for heroic modes so id say you might want to get the ones with the extra spirit even if its horribly itemised.

personally i got the caster cloak, ring, spiritless boots and the Chogall castermace but in your chase you just really need more than 2k baseline spirit.
    Last edited by Dina; 2011-02-21 at 12:19 PM.

Get the the mastery spirit one and reforge mastery to haste, profit. You're gonna love the extra regen in heroics.

Deleted

rings

[Twined Band of Flowers] is realy a good upgrade for u.
    Then u can buy [Band of Secret Names] to replace all 346 rings.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it helps to assign arbitrary stat values to things when making comparisons like this. Let's pretend Intellect is worth 1.00 (actually, it is probably way higher than that, but we're not comparing Intellect vs a secondary stat here, so who really cares?!), Spirit is worth 0.80, Haste is worth 0.70, Crit is worth 0.60, and Mastery is worth 0.40. These are roughly remotely accurate, but never quote me on them.

So then that comes out to be...

Band of Secret Names
    After Reforging:
    +190 Intellect @ 1.00 = 190.00
    +127 Haste @ 0.70 = 88.90
    +77 Crit @ 0.60 = 46.20
    +50 Spirit @ 0.80 = 40.00
    Total: 365.10

Twined Band of Flowers
    After Reforging:
    +190 Intellect @ 1.00 = 190.00
    +127 Spirit @ 0.80 = 101.60
    +77 Mastery @ 0.40 = 30.80
    +50 Haste @ 0.70 = 35.00
    Total: 357.40

So for me and my stat values, Band of Secret Names is better, slightly.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Thanks for all your input guys. I went and bought the spirit/mastery one, reforged mastery into haste.

Now in anyone wants to answer this question go ahead:

is Jar of Ancient Remedies better than Core of Ripeness? And should i be collecting 4 pieces of tier 11, minus chest, or do you reckon it's better to skip all tier pieces and go for off pieces with haste? Both of the tier set-bonuses seem abit "meeh" to me to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Tier 359 is better than the non-tier 359 in most fights (as long as your HR usage is at least every 45 seconds).

Shamelessly copypasted from my guide:
    8.2. Tier vs Non-Tier Math

Here's some math on the differences between the Tier gear and the Non-Tier gear with varying levels of Holy Radiance usage.

If Holy Radiance is used every 30 seconds, the Tier 4-piece bonus will be worth 540 Spirit.
    If Holy Radiance is used every 45 seconds, the Tier 4-piece bonus will be worth 360 Spirit.
    If Holy Radiance is used every 60 seconds, the Tier 4-piece bonus will be worth 270 Spirit.

359 Non Tier Advantages
    Haste: 328 rating

359 Tier Advantages
    Spirit: 535 OR 355 OR 265
    Intellect: 31
    Spell Power: 31
    Mana Regen: 3 mp5
    Combat Regen: 2 mp5
    Crit Chance: 1.29%
    Mastery: 0.56

372 Non-Tier Advantages
    Haste: 399 rating

372 Tier Advantages
    Intellect: 31
    Spirit: 544 OR 364 OR 274
    Spell Power: 31
    Mana Regen: 14 mp5
    Combat Regen: 7 mp5
    Crit Chance: 1.49%
    Mastery: 0.58
    For most people, it will be an upgrade at the 359 level as long as you use it once a minute and an upgrade at the 372 level as long as you use it every 45-50 seconds.

I'd let the rest of your raid get their tier first though.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-02-21 at 04:02 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Jar of Ancient Remedies is better than Core of Ripeness,but not to much,the next replace for Core of Ripeness must be :
    [Tyrande's Favorite Doll](Archaeology) , [Jar of Ancient Remedies] or [Darkmoon Card: Tsunami]