Deleted

Will this make profit?

Hello i just wonder if you think this will make profit?

I have an Druid/Warrior as main classes what i like to play and the only classes that i play atm but the thing is that i have JC/Mining on my druid and Engineer/mining on my Warrior.
    What i ask is if i will it make profit to drop mining and go Alchemy/Scribe on druid and Engineer/JC on my warrior then lvl a new toon just to have as an farmer? Herb/Mining?

No need to tell me that Engineer is useless because i only have it for the lolz.
    And Scribe/Alch/JC is kinda good gold makers imo, Transmute/prospect and cards.

/ Highnaga

Im financing all my chars with JC, helping a bit with transmuting but most comes from JC. I just buy ores from AH.
    Inscribing is nice too but you need lots researched and booklearned recipes, i guess same goes to JC though, hard to make gold at start.

I am making some serious bank off alchemy. My only herber is level 77 so I can only go to Highlands, Uldum and Hyjal so I basically can only farm Twilight Jasmine, Whip Tail, and Cinderbloom so I buy my Azshara's Veil and sell the flasks and still make a 300% profit or so. I also do the daily Truegold x-mute which sells for 650g on my server. I buy the pyrium bars and farm the elementals and make about a 610g profit.

The prices of gems plummeted on my server about two months after Cata came out, so I have since given up on selling gems, even though it is profitable, just nowhere near as much anymore.

Deleted
    But is the "lvl one farming toon" idea good?

One toon for farming is a great idea - and make it a druid for that instant cast flight form / herb without remounting. Ever since the shattering, you're able to track multiple things at once, which means herb + ore at the same time.

Basically you're asking if the increase in potential income generation of the new setup is going to be greater than the cost of moving to the new setup. You're gaining alchemy, inscription and herbalism at the cost of some 200h play time to level your new druid and some 100-200k gold for leveling the crafting professions. Whether that equates to profit or loss depends on you, but my gut feeling is that you'll never make enough profit to cover those costs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Basically you're asking if the increase in potential income generation of the new setup is going to be greater than the cost of moving to the new setup. You're gaining alchemy, inscription and herbalism at the cost of some 200h play time to level your new druid and some 100-200k gold for leveling the crafting professions. Whether that equates to profit or loss depends on you, but my gut feeling is that you'll never make enough profit to cover those costs.
    What do you mean with losses?

I lvl an new toon for farming, and get more bonuses on my mains since i dont need to have one crafting and one gather.

Why do you want Eng/JC on the same toon since you already have Eng and JC on seperate ones? Is the little bonus worth the extra work? If I were you I'd drop mining on one of the mains for Herb (prob the druid), and level the 3rd toon as Alc/Scribe. Herbalists don't come better than Druids, farming on a leveling toon is way harder than farming on an 85. You could power level you new toon any way and any where you wanted and pump all the Herbs to it from your druid. Then your only leveling 3 new profs, not leveling 3 new profs and re-leveling 2 others.

The losses he is refering to are your time invested in leveling JC and mining, as well as the cost of the skills and may purchased mats, flights to farming zones, etc.

First of all, if your goal is to MAKE MONEY, get rid of engineering.

JC is a great money maker, so is inscription. In inscription, you may have many competitors depending on your realm but you make A LOT of money if you work for it.

On my main, I have engineering and inscription. I don't have any alts with gathering profs. I don't do anything with engineering to make money. But the inscription is simply amazing if you know what to do. Read a few guides, learn what to do and don't think about levelling another char.

If you are REALLY into making money, you can make an easy of 25k gold every week with inscription, by just spending a couple of hours infront of the AH.

Deleted
    Okay, the druid that have JC is on Sylvanas server and my Warrior with Engineer/Mining is on Vashj.

The thing is that i just dont know how to make the biggest profit?

I found JC to work really well. On a high population server like Mal'Ganis there is plenty of demand for old school gems, as well as the new cata versions. I try to pick up relatively cheap Elementium and Obsidium Ore on the Auction House, prospect for gems, and either sell the raw gems, or cut them to add value ahead of time. It helps to be online frequently, since there can be a lot of competition from fellow JC's.

I find it useful to check out wowpopular.com to evaluate what kinds of gems are selling most frequently.

Cheers,

Zywrath

Requisite - Mal'Ganis

JC is pretty mediocre as a money maker to be honest, it only ever makes a good amount of money when there are new gem recipes in high demand, otherwise gems become common and sell for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by selo000 View Post
    If you are REALLY into making money, you can make an easy of 25k gold every week with inscription, by just spending a couple of hours infront of the AH.
    It takes you a week to make 25k on your scribe? Lol? I make that much every few hours if I'm concentrated on selling when the Fair is in town.

The real key to making lots of money is playing the AH and selling several different things (enchanting mats, elements, ore, cloth, herbs and leather in particular go for big bucks). You can't ever rely on one thing alone to make you all the gold you want, that said if you're wondering what the most profitable professions are (both in terms of the time to craft items and the amount of demand for them), by and far they are inscriptions, and alchemy. Leatherworking is up there too, enchanting can be profitable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post
    It takes you a week to make 25k on your scribe? Lol? I make that much every few hours if I'm concentrated on selling when the Fair is in town.
    You are making me sad I was happy with what I was doing. The problem is I have 3 more regular inscription sellers on my realm, 2 of these being online 7/24 basically. With the limited time I have to play with the AH, I am happy where I am right now. It all depends on server and how much time you got to play with the AH.