Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajer View Post
    Did you read any of the above posts, or even my reply to your earlier post? You sound like a broken record, and are still probably wrong.
    He's actually right. I solo'd and duo'd Molten Core so many times my head hurts whenever somebody says "Molten Core", and I got parries and dodges on Garr and Gheddon and all of those bosses.

Skull-level mobs are always 3 levels higher than you and have been since Vanilla's beta.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

It's a joke at 85, but obviously, if your group doesn't know how to get out of Shadow Traps and run Defiles out, you're going to wipe just as much as people did in WoTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShagratQT View Post
    Hello all,
    I am organising a pug for Glory of ICC25 next saturday, with around 70% of people kingslayers (full group) and thinking of trying the light of dawn also.
    I am curious about LK25 hm , how hard it is at 85, which abilities still are a must to do properly and which can be facerolled through.Things like that.
    Would apreciate any sort of real feedback from people who have done the fight at level 85 , if its from a pug its even better but guilds runs experience will also do.

Thanks
    not hard, just gotta have, (wait for it)

RAID AWARENESSSSSSSS

Did this with an all guild group a few weeks ago. You still obviously have to avoid Shadow Trap, but surprisingly, letting the plague tick doesn't kill you, unless people were getting hit by something else and I wasn't seeing it, but still take the plague to the adds. Healers don't have to worry about infest at all, if you're topped off, it just drops off. When we got to the first transition phase, I had all ranged stay on LK and burned hero, we came out of that phase with him at 50% HP, so we only had to deal with the Val'kyrs once. You can't outgear defile, if it gets big it ticks for about 22k a second, basically impossible to heal through right now. The frostmourne room wasn't that bad, but if everyone stands there and lets all those bombs hit them they will die eventually, and the vile spirits don't hurt at all either, so you can pretty much not worry about those.
    Last edited by soulkeeperx; 2011-02-22 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Level 80 Light of Dawns,

It's the new Kingslayer. Get used to it.

While I agree it should have been a Realm First only title, it wasn't. If it was a Realm First only title, most of you bitching about it would not have it. Lol.

-Benea the (not) Light of Dawn
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

I love how the players are here calling others scrubs for wanting to get their title at 85 when they were probably not even attempting, much less killing, heroic 25 lk until 25% or 30%...lol. You dont have the right to call anyone a scrub if your guild couldnt kill it sub 20%, so troll somewhere else.

As for me, before they get all vindictive and start looking at my progression...i recieved LoD a few nights ago. I have no shame whatsoever because guess what? i was attempting LK while the majority of the people calling everyone scrubs were still wiping on the end wing bosses. My previous guild i was raiding with was doing attempts on heroic LK at 10%, and they killed it shortly after i took a break over the summer. I wanted the title because i think its one of the coolest in the game and i didnt get the chance to do it when it mattered, so whats the point of sitting on some ridiculous high horse if you didnt accomplish it yourself before 30%?

To the OP. The things you have to avoid are shadow traps, defile, not standing in remorseless winter and you have to work on how you deal with valkries. Infest doesnt hit for anything really, but watch out for shamblers still, if you have a few up and they enrage they could beat up your tank. So basically, it still requires fight knowledge and situational awareness, but for the most part it should take 2-5 attempts to get it down.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2011-02-22 at 11:10 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I've done the lod at 85 a few weeks ago. The people in there either did hlk10 or wiped a lot on hlk 25... so most people were quite familiar with the encounter... yet we still wiped a couple of times (4 or 5 times maybe).

Don't underestimate the encounter. There's definitely a few things that become trivial (like infest and the throne room), however, valkyrs still have to die the same way, defiles still have to be avoided, as well as shadow traps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathwing Aspect Of Death View Post
    well first thing is first.. all players must be hit and expertised cap for a level 87 err 88 boss.. because lich king and all raid bosses are at the same level when you grow they grow... his melee swings hit harder but his normal attacks are just the same.. phase 2 transitions raid must be topped off infest will still kill you.. all else is the pretty much the same make sure if one of you gets necrotic plague that it is dispelled out of the raid ... cuz that will jump and kill as well
    He's asking how to kill HLK 25 at 85, not for really silly points like "all players must be hit and expertised cap for a level 87 err 88 boss.. because lich king and all raid bosses are at the same level when you grow they grow..." ... having 0% or 6.5% Expertise isn't going to change the outcome of his attempts on HLK 25.

@ OP — I've done it 3 times since Cataclysm release, to try to get Invincible's for those who missed out during WotLK, and it's simple. Get 25 decent players, or 10-15 beasts and plow through it. Make sure you demote everyone and enable only your own bossmods. Diamond, Triangle and Circle are the raid icons that are generally used for Valks (Skull for Defile), so assign a Rogue or Paladin to 5pt Kidney/HoJ each of those raid icons before the initial pull. Other than that, the fight is trivial.

Make sure nobody is cleaving Ghouls going into P1.5 — we lost Necrotic Plague once or twice cause a few DKs cleaved too much, and because of the coordination required for Valks in most pugs, you don't want a Shambling Horror combined in the mix too.

Keep a GS or Pain Supp handy for the Shambling Horror tank during transition(s) and make sure he's gets dispelled before picking up/taunting the last Raging Spirit.

Frostmourne room is a complete joke; just mark someone and run laps around the room while spamming PW:S, HR and Holy Nova rofl — while this may not have been a viable strategy when it were current content, the added health from the 5 level increase makes this part of the fight quite literally trivial.
    Last edited by Cevlol; 2011-02-22 at 12:10 PM.

This is why I'm glad they put dates on acheivements