Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by daburton View Post
    Which begs the question. Why even run the content if you get no benefit from it? Spending 10X the amount of time getting jps that buy items that will take far less time to farm really isnt much incentive for people to continue running heroics. Hell, I've stopped running normal mode dungeons as JPs mean nothing now so why even bother? I'm going to wait to see how 4.1 plays out but if the older raids do indeed revert to JPS instead of VPs, i think thats gonna be the end of me in the game, not that it matters.
    Why end of the game? In 4.1 by farming heroics you will be able to get 359 epics + some valor for 372 epics. I don't really get your point
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Ah, I see. Pre-85 4.0 was such a disaster that I barely played this game at all between October and December, so I wouldn't know.
    Why was 4.0. pre-85 such a disaster???! I mean new talents, shattering etc... Maybe not enough impact, but disaster?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will make sure that people still reach the cap every week if they put the time into it, regardless of how much the cap may or may not be. They will either announce another raid and let us get more VP that way to reach the cap, increase the amount of vp each boss gives if there's only one raid so people can reach cap, or they will lower it. In any case, Firelands isn't for another 3-4 months at the very least.

Which begs the question. Why even run the content if you get no benefit from it? Spending 10X the amount of time getting jps that buy items that will take far less time to farm really isnt much incentive for people to continue running heroics. Hell, I've stopped running normal mode dungeons as JPs mean nothing now so why even bother? I'm going to wait to see how 4.1 plays out but if the older raids do indeed revert to JPS instead of VPs, i think thats gonna be the end of me in the game, not that it matters.
    You play the game for fun. The gear has no real use apart from to run the content better or move onto harder content.

There is no way they can make the old tiers give VPs, it would make the new content a joke. You do new content for VP and get JPs for anything below. JPs get you the old tier, so that you can gear up for the newest raids and join them if you wish.

Once you've got all the gear from JPs you have three options.

1) Keep doing the HCs with your new gear and enjoy the bigger numbers, maybe nail those achievements.
    2) Move into the raids and get VPs.
    3) Roll an alt so that HCs have some purpose to you.

If none of these options are attractive to you, either move into PvP or decide that you've grown out of WoW. All of us have to grow up at somepoint....maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I' not sure. T5 had 9 bosses, t9 had... 5 bosses, 6 if you include voa one. 2.4 Had 6 bosses. Why can't 4.1 have 7 bosses only?
    T9 may have only had 5 bosses, but don't forget those 5 bosses had four separate lockouts. So, just from a currency standpoint unless the prices are adjusted you can't compare the two really.

I really do hope that this content patch is greater than just 7 bosses. Really, we don't have much to do outside raiding already. Seven bosses just isn't going to cut it until the next content patch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by piou View Post
    Why was 4.0. pre-85 such a disaster???! I mean new talents, shattering etc... Maybe not enough impact, but disaster?
    Balance wise, it was a disaster. They broke a bunch of the specs, and had to add in hotfix buffs to even get them remotely up from the bottom.
    Last edited by Arterus; 2011-02-21 at 05:16 PM.

Why would they NOT revert to jp? It was the same in wrath, but you had new emblems introduces every patch. Now everything is still the same but there are only 2 types of points and they want to keep it that way.