Deleted

Hidden change to archaeology profession?

Hi,

I am currently again been farming fragments for the nerubian race since i still miss the puzzle box.
    Some days ago farming these fragments was a huge pain in the ass since i had to dig through myriads of vrykul digsites in order to get a nerubian one.

I have been doing archaeology on northrend now for about an hour and it didnt even happen once that i had 4 digsites of the vrykul.

I started with 4 vrykul sites when i logged in, i started doing the closest one, after which a nerubian popped up. I havent touched the 3 other vrykul sites since because i keep getting nerubians & trolls (you can still dream of the sword, right?) one after another. The number of finished digsites that were NOT vrykul made me wonder, how great is the chance this happens? Most northrend digsites are vrykul, but i dont get any anymore. Not that this would be bad, quite the opposite i am happy about it.

Can anyone confirm this phenomen or am i just lucky?

Would be awesome if blizz made a change to archi that makes sure you cant get 4 sites of the same race or something else that guarantees diversity while digging.

Cheers,
    Vel

It wouldn't really make sense to do that, since it would destroy the purpose of discovery.
    You want that puzzle box?? Work for it. Although why would you want that anyway when all it does is give you whispers. I can understand if you want your Professor title, but for the puzzle box alone it is totally not worth your time.
    Since arch literally takes no gold to grind it to 525 (much like fishing, hell you can finish dailies while grinding your fishing), you spend time you get your stuff. If Blizz babied it and made it easy, then everyone would have Zin'rokh and destroy the meaning of "rare".

Blizz made this perfectly (especially with the common artifact vendor prices increase) and I would totally pissed if they increased drop rates on rares. (for those who think that idc and I have every rare artifact, 150 troll artifacts and no sword)

It's likely just luck. When I was doing archaeology in Eastern Kingdoms to farm troll fragments, I'd be thrilled when all 4 sites ended up in STV, then excavate one and the next site spawned in STV, too. Northrend isn't that big as is Outland so the change of getting the same race several times isn't unlikely. And since Blizzard did up the chance of Tol'vir sites to spawn, it may be possible they upped Nerubian. They did change a site in EPL to Nerubian. Was a fossil one before 4.0.6 if I recall.

The patch notes stated that two new Nerubian digsites were added to Northrend, bringing the totals to appx 25% of all northrend digsites being nerubian. Obviously that doesn't count any digsites that are currently active so your actual odds will vary but there you go.

Northrend currently has 30 digsites, of which 14 are Vrykul. When you started, you say you had 4 Vrykul Digsites up, which means there were only 10 other Vrykul digsites, out of 26 possible others that could pop up. Or better said, that's a 38,5% chance on a Vrykul site, and 61,5% chance on a non-Vrykul site.

After getting the non-Vrykul one that you say you did, percentages change somewhat. You then have 11 Vrykul digsites possible out of 26, or 42,3% on a Vrykul one, 57,7% on a non-Vrykul one. Still fair odds to get a "lucky" streak without new Vrykul sites, I'd say.