Deleted

Atramedes Assistance

Hey,

Been doing some attempts on Atramedes last night and I'm assigned to the gongs for both the air and ground phase and I've got a few problems/questions.

Firstly, I find it difficult to only get one tick or no ticks on the searing breath. I've fraps'ed the encounter and from the video (recorded at 30fps) the following happens:

Frame: 1560
    Time: 0.52.052 - Notification of Searing Breath/Cast Bar

Frame: 1573
    Time: 0.52.482 - I Hit Gong

Frame: 1578
    Time: 0.52.653 - First Tick of Searing Breath

Frame:1599
    Time: 0.53.353- Second Tick of Searing Breath (I've already started moving away from the gong at this point and I am even casting!)

So I hit the gong within ~0.43 seconds of the cast starting and the damage is suppose to be every 1 second so why does the raid take so many ticks (Average latency was around just below 100ms during the encounter, which with this taken into account is still well below the 1 second tick)?

Also, during the air phase should I let the beam chase the first person targeted for a couple or seconds or just go for the gong straight away? Reason I ask is because I'm a mage and towards the last few seconds of the beam I find myself taking a few ticks of fire (I've got a priest buffing me with body and soul twice and I can fit two blinks in).

Thanks

Deleted
    It has to tick once, I'm fairly sure, I don't do gongs in groundphase so can't tell you that for 100% certain but my raid always gets one tick least and max

Deleted
    Even if it has to take a single ticks I still don't see how I'm suppose to react much quicker to prevent the 2nd without being super human. Just reviewed another attempt and I clicked the gong within 0.25 seconds of the cast bar and notification appearing yet we still had two ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    It has to tick once, I'm fairly sure, I don't do gongs in groundphase so can't tell you that for 100% certain but my raid always gets one tick least and max

I usually do gongs for my guild on ground phase - and yes I've noticed that it's really difficult to only get one tick, sometimes I can do it but even 2 isn't a wipe. During the 5 seconds he is stunned from the gong though your healers need to get peopled healed up a lot (which is easiest if people are stacked due to healing circles) because otherwise his next "aoe sound thinger" will kill some people. If you are melee (like myself) we found I would keep dying usually after the second gong just due to the aoe dmg, eventually we had a 1 healer stack up in the melee so it was easiest to heal me. (It was a shaman so they would also throw their healing rain on the stacked up raid.) Idk if this helps at all but yes, I have found that it's extremely difficult to prevent 2 ticks happening most of the time but not impossible.

Latency. When you click the gong your client has to send that to the server. Mobs are controlled server-side, so latency plays a role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Latency. When you click the gong your client has to send that to the server. Mobs are controlled server-side, so latency plays a role.
    This x2. Not only does your client have to send data to the server but it also has to receive. So if you have a weak / slow connection what might happen is that :

1. Your client gets a notification that Searing Flame is starting to be cast. (with 1000ms latency this is 1 second after it actually started)
    2. Insert human reaction time. You click the gong.
    3. The client tells (sends) the server you interrupted.
    4. Server receives the interrupt. (with 1000ms latency this is 1 second after you actually clicked it)

You might want to experiment with someone else interrupting, someone with a better connection and see if it makes any difference. My guild usually has no problems getting only 1 tick.

For the air phase, have the person kite the fire to at least to the other side of the room before you hit the gong, with body and soul, sprint, whatever other speed enchants, most people should be able to kite for a while. Oh and have priests life grip people out of the fire if they get in trouble

If you're consistently getting 2 ticks, try having people in your raid use [Mirror of Broken Images], attainable from Tol Barad badge vendor, which negates most of the damage if used before searing flames.

Deleted
    If you stack up in the ground phase 2 ticks Searing Pain wont be a problem due to aoe healing. We killed him HC this way yesterday, Just stack up, when the disc comes, everybody move right. The one that gets flame breath goes left. You really need to stack tight. In phase 2 its like normal.