Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Racechange Gnome - Worth it?

^Topic. Was wondering if I should racechange to Gnome to get the +5% max mana. Currently Draenei, and while the racial HoT is sort-of nice in a pinch, the +1% hit does nothing for me, seeing as I'm only Shadow for Argaloth and dailies. I'm Disc most of the time, so +5% max mana would help quite a bit. Only thing holding me back is that Spacegoat has kinda grown on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo it's worth it. Escape Artist + 5% Mana is nice, and since everyone hates on Gnomes it's good to be a rebel. They are also good for thwarting bad clickers since the sprite is so small.

From a pure stat min/max perspective, gnome is the "best" disc race.

Other racials, however, have their shining moments. Also, since LoS is drawn from the center of each character, gnomes, depending on terrain elevation and distance, can experience LoS issues from certain spots that other races would not. A fairly minor concern, but there nonetheless.

However, for the vast majority of players, you should pick the race that you like the best aesthetically. After 5+ years as a NE Male, I just couldn't bear the casting animations anymore. I'm a much happier camper as human, plus I enjoy having EmfH in PvE & PvP and, while 5% max mana is clearly better for Disc regen, 3% SPI isn't horrid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't play alliance so I haven't tried it in action, but the 5% mana extra sounds very nice, and come on, you get to be a cute little gnome priest. Imagine jumping while casting CoH. It's just adorable.

5% mana + escape > 2 min cooldown HoT + hit

Gogo female gnome

I'd also get my guild the Classy Gnomes achievement by race changing gnome :P I'll racechange after my raid tonight and see how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

as long as your gnome gets ponytails (for female that is), it's worth it. ^^

You know, I used to play Undead. For 4 years. Then I rerolled Alliance. Ever since the beginning of playing a priest I wanted to be a cute lil Gnome. Then 4.0 came out - BAM GNOME! 2.5 months later got tired of it.

At this point in the game racials play such a small role that you should really just play whatever you can stand looking at for hours on end. I'm quite enjoying Draenei atm as they feel very priesty and have a pretty casting animation. Although their hips wiggle a little too much when they run! >_>
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    A Shadow Priest Gnome is just awful. In fact, gnomes are the worst wow race.

Yes, I'm racist :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    as long as your gnome gets ponytails (for female that is), it's worth it. ^^
    and they MUST be PINK ponytails !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    Other racials, however, have their shining moments. Also, since LoS is drawn from the center of each character, gnomes, depending on terrain elevation and distance, can experience LoS issues from certain spots that other races would not. A fairly minor concern, but there nonetheless.
    As a former Undead and now Goblin, this problem has bitten me in the butt a few times and shouldn't be underestimated. The example that comes immediately to mind is the Nefarian encounter, where you can be stood in certain spots in the centre circle of the room and not have LoS to your tank in the outer ring (No, I'm not talking about the pillars before anyone jumps in).

That said, Gnomes are pretty sexy, so do it!

Deleted
    Be prepared to be hunted wildly

If you like gnomes go for it. But remember the passive and often forgotten disadvantage that comes with them: They are small. you will hate stairs and edges, you will hate small tanks (ferals, dwarfs, other gnomes) on stairs even more. You can definitively (and most likely will at least once) wipe because you are to small to see your healing target.

Gnomes should come with passive levitate.

Deleted
    If you really need the 5% extra mana then go for it. Personally i'd hate to have a character that looks garbage (I dislike gnomes, so what?) but if you like the look of them then there's no problem.

Although Spacegoats do look pretty awesome (except the males ofc)

Deleted

Deleted
    I went from male undead to female gnome and I love it. The 5% mana is just a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    At this point in the game racials play such a small role that you should really just play whatever you can stand looking at for hours on end. I'm quite enjoying Draenei atm as they feel very priesty and have a pretty casting animation. Although their hips wiggle a little too much when they run! >_>
    Sadly this ain't the point for a enha sham. Orcs shine so much more comparing to other races, 3 good racials.

And OT: I changed my shaman from tauren to goblin in the start of Cata. Grew tired of it and wanted to be Orc for the racials and looks. And I don't regret it one single bit. I got better dps and I like the look much better.

So yeah. Do it for looks and for min/maxing. Worth it.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

I think its 5% base mana not total mana so it's a marginal gain, which is why I decided not to switch. Wish I had goblin racial!

Quote Originally Posted by Parishealton View Post
    and they MUST be PINK ponytails !
    no make it look like chromie
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I think its 5% base mana not total mana so it's a marginal gain, which is why I decided not to switch. Wish I had goblin racial!
    It's total mana. I had 77.6k mana as human and I gained 3880 mana switching to gnome. So it is based off total mana (which is probaly OP), I have more mana now than I did before even without arcane int buff.