Exclamation MM vs Survival on Heroic Halfus [10]

MM VS Survival???

Beast Master.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with shiesty, but I'm biased because Beast Mastery is my favorite spec. :P
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

It depends if your raid's setup has enough AoE without you going Survival to warrant your higher single-target DPS on the dragons vs. high AoE dps on the whelps.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Which it should, since any class other than Hunter/Rogue has decent AoE without needing to spec it. Personally, I feel if the raids success on an AoE fight HONESTLY depends on the Hunter speccing Survival for it, then the raid has more problems than just the AoE.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

I have just done it yesterday and I might tell you, that you should play any spec you want to. I've been survival there, just for the sake of 10% haste buff and my aoe was quite useless. After couple of tries, we decided to take the whelps as our 2nd target, we nuked one drake at the start. By the time drake died, our tank, warrior, got the whelps down to less than 50%, it was just a matter of seconds to make them die. So imo, go spec you like/do most dps with/bring needed buff/debuff to your raid.
    Last edited by bladekpl; 2011-02-22 at 11:40 AM.

If you get the whelps, Survival, if you don't, BM, your pet still attacks while you're stunned

(I think that's the right fight >.>)

On Heroic you always get whelps if I remember correctly.

Is your raid 10 man? If yes, then you will have to change specs according to raid´s needs. If your SV is the only provider of 10% haste buff, you should stay SV (other providers are Frost DK and optionally a shaman) . On the other hand if your raid is not having 3% damage buff (also from Arcane mage and Ret pally), you should be BM. That is not encounter specific.
    If your raid is 25 man or hunter buffs are covered, I would probably go BM. You still do a ton of DPS during Furious roar and there should be enough other people to provide AoE for whelps. Or you could just summon your chimaera/worm for AoE phase and stay BM for whole fight

We kill the whelps last and mostly through incidental aoe. This means I just stay MM and focus the big drakes down based on the kill order.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was 57k DPS as surv recently on 25 hc. As for 10 hc, we did that back before 4.0.6 so surv there too.

I think SV is a clear winner on this fight particularly as there is a fair bit of movement in the first couple of mins too. I generally target the major drake to nuke and weave in multishots and explosive traps while doing explosive + cobra on the main target. The main target will get stung and refreshed with multi too.

Since the fights been heavily nerfed, you won't need much dps at all as a raid once 4 drakes are down. (400% damage boost).

We always do storm > whelps > time > scion because whelps are a pain and do knock seven bells out of a tank, particularly if one of them is swapping and mortal striked and doing whelps second means its more of a clean up since aoe at that point has reduced them all sub 20%. If you do whelps first, its a bad idea because you can't have other tanks share a couple of whelps to ease the load and so on.
    Last edited by Lilyana; 2011-02-22 at 04:27 PM.

Deleted
    The issue I had with going MM on this fight was the Furious Roar mechanic....it seemed just long enough for the ISS buff to wear off and sometimes for my serpent sting to also drop off as well. Very annoying.