Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Same here 12/12. I've never seen any plate or tokens drop off of Nef or Cho'gall. That mail belt seems to drop off of Cho everytime though. We've beaten Magmaw 10 times now. I've seen the lava spine drop EVERY time. I'm MS tank and Duel Spec fury. I went SMF because I've never seen a epic two hander drop. However we do get ALOT of caster trinkets which I suppose is good for the healers.

Deleted
    Last time our lootmaster checked, we were disenchanting roughly 68% of all epic drops. It has never been this high, and it seems to be a lot of agility mail for us. We're not super geared, most drops that can be used are used. Probably because of all the other drops we get... The number is a fact, but to add some QQ, no Magmaw mace yet, no Nef sword, but 2 Cho'gall axes.

Quote Originally Posted by boubadoo View Post
    Serious question here and please realize this isnt QQ. I would like to know if anyone has seen an increase in wasted drops. My guild got started way latebut we are up and rolling and getting bosses down, 5/12. yes i know its not impressive. We get no loot to use for our ten man raid. Incineratus is all for the guild. Everything gets sharded. We were down a mage pugged a hunter cloth drops. I help a friends guild with an alt and they were the ones that brought it to my attention after a conclave kill produced 2 shards.

Is it because its ten man? I always did 25s and spare time 10 mans till this xpac. never noticed what we sharded before because we had 25man gear.

Would like to know if anyone else has noticed or if its just a little bad luck. And yes i know about bad luck 36 boss kills that dropped a 226 lvl ranged weapon with no drop till sirens cry in ulduar.

Edit after 20 posts*** I would like to add that we arent geared. We are in crafted and justice point gear. I dual weild soulblades but i bought them. It seems everyone agrees so far that its a gigantic waste of loot.
    I now raise the question is it because of teh shared loot table? Im also curious to know how hard would it be to have specialization drops? Meaning we all have armor speializations so if there wasnt one in the raid it wouldnt drop?
    Also I dont mind sharding somoething if its already being worn. Thats what happens when you get geared.
    Im really surprised everyone seems to have this problem.
    Hell all I do is clear BoT/BH/Throne of four Winds/BWD also did 1 heroic boss and we are disenchanting 70 % of all loot :<

The game needs to shift more towards vendor points with bosses only dropping tokens. RNG gear is and always has been bull. Took my guild 33 IDs to get Brutalizer to drop during BC and that was months after I burnt myself out and quit till LK.

Except priest and rogue we have all classes in our 10man. I´m resto shaman and only two +spirit mail drop in the beginning of our raiding.
    Now we are still not full epic except wars/DK...75% drop is various plate. One 2H mace drop, one spell sword, one agi 1h/->DE/ two BoE cloth from trash /trash drop is weired too, still plate/.
    Yesterday our DK took 5 plate thingies and some +Str ring.
    But yes, one good thing is 3-5 maelstrom every raid :/
    Magmaw and Valiona/Theralion are heavy cursed. Three weeks and still the same loot :/ (2h mace week be4 was exception/
    Last edited by Asparuch; 2011-02-24 at 09:00 AM.

We have started doing the easier bosses in 25 in hope to get some loot quicker for people. however its kind of backfired.
    last night i ended up bringing home 10 maelstrom crystals. roughly 2/3 of the loot being de'd from a nights raid of 25 :P so your not alone on that problem. just seems to be sods law.

Deleted
    We've disenchanted one item from Halfus HC every single week (the cloth spirit chest). Chimaeron HC hasn't been much more generous either, and we've had to DE a drop from him every other week.

We also have a weird abundance of Agility Mail since starting raiding this tier - our Resto Shaman's Enhancement gear was the best gearset in the entire guild for several weeks in the start. Throne of the Four Winds has dropped one agi mail item every week, usually two.

Heck, I've been stuck with PvP shoulders for 2 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes we sharded both 372 epics from h Halfus yesterday. Also we received our 1001. shammy token. Also, we got mage and rogue loot from BH, obviously we didn't have a mage or rogue in the raid.

This post is a bit of a long read just so that's said.
    This has to do with how gear is obtained from instances.

A big problem when they made it so that you can only run one raid once per week is that the loot tables in the raids are now tailored for 25 man runs.
    When you run a 10 man raid, the loot tables are still set up for 25 man mode, this is a bad design.

For this reason alone, I do not raid in Cataclysm. You find that reason stupid? No problem, it's your opinion, I understand.
    So if you run purely 10 man with your guild, you have even less of a chance to see what you want, drop.
    If you run 25 man then there are more people that roll on stuff.

I will utter my opinion here too, and face people that if they read this, complain to me and disagree, because that is the nature of how this usually ends up.

>INDIVIDUAL REWARDING<

In todays world, the jerkness of people in general has attained new heights, people need rolling on whatever they can, people hating on other players, in general, it's become quite crappy.

Individual rewarding of players would be a solution for many a player to not get griefed the way they do.
    It's not part of a solution that won't really fix anything, it's part of a solution that will fix the gear obtaining part of the game, without the ninja or RNG part playing it's part to make your life miserable when playing the game (any MMO game for that reason if it has a system like this).

The enchanting mats and all other things concerning loot can be fixed in other countless ways, it should be easy to come up with a solution on that part if one just thinks about it, not gonna bother throwing an idea about that out here as it's not part of the topic at hand.

If every piece of loot obtained inside a 5 man instance or a raid instance was individually rewarded through tokens, badges, emblems, points, whatever the choice is. That would make the game a lot more fair. The thing is, Blizzard wins out on the RNG factor, in that people will generally play more and for longer that way.

I'm not saying cut RNG out of the game, some silly person on another forum thought I mean't cut out the RNG of everything inside an MMO game, that's not what I'm saying. A game has to have RNG in many parts of it to work, at least a MMO game.

What I'm saying is, cut out the RNG factor of gear that people equip to boost their stats which is obtained from any instance type, be it 5 man, 10 man or 25 man.

This way, each individual showing up for a raid will get properly rewarded for the time and effort spent playing the game and raiding with your online friends. No more loot arguements, no more 2 months + and it's still not dropped for me (or it dropped and someone else won it), no more ninjaing, no more of loot going out to the wrong person. No more DKP system for guilds, loot council or whatever else people can come up with.

But that's the problems of human beings, we seek competition and winning over others, in whatever way we can.
    Can I grief that unknown player from another server if I need roll the item he/she needs but I have no use for? Yay, rolled 87 and he/she rolled 31, I feelz great now.

Sorry guys, we aren't doing that boss, going straight to last, why should I care if you need loot from said boss, low chance that it might drop anyway /yawn /care

It's already implemented in WoW actually, the PvP system, and as I wrote, the point system as it is in place right now, but there are most certainly other more fun ways to reward gear individually like that, one just needs to come up with it.

I suppose few will read all of this, but those that do. Just think about it, don't you realize that no gear arguing would benefit the community greatly?
    When has there ever been an arguement about gear in PvP in WoW? Never? Or just the arguement that honor income is too slow, or that some items through honor costs too much.

In PvE there are loot arguements and RNG personal issues all the time, it blows up in-game, on forums, wherever, all the time.
    This can all be avoided easily, and I hope it's part of the future of MMO gaming as we see it.
    Some of the upcoming games will be about individual rewarding, and I welcome those games with open arms, even if I won't be playing some of them.

Some people will think that it will be bad if everyone runs around with the same (sometimes) hard to obtain pieces of gear.

Take, as an example, Deathbringer's Will from Icecrown Citadel.
    For some, it dropped nearly every run, for others, it never dropped at all.
    It was considered a special trinket by many, and if everyone was able to obtain one with enough effort put in, then it wouldn't be "special" anymore.

I just think that kind of thinking is pointless, because gear upgrades is what everyone is after, to become stronger.

What's wrong with letting players decide themselves what they want to obtain first and last?
    I find that idea quite appealing actually, but by todays standards, I suppose most don't.

Game has been out since 2004, with the same loot system in place. Through time, secondary loot systems was added.
    Problem is, as far as justice points stand in Cataclysm, it merely feels like a bandage on the wound.

In the end, all the chaos, crying, whining, no matter what your favorite word on it is, can easily be avoided by individually rewarding of the gear in-game.

There's a lot more I could add to this, but I believe the post has gotten way beyond loong enough already.

Just something to think about.
    Field Marshal, YUH, 'nuff said.
    /bonk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    The game needs to shift more towards vendor points with bosses only dropping tokens. RNG gear is and always has been bull. Took my guild 33 IDs to get Brutalizer to drop during BC and that was months after I burnt myself out and quit till LK.
    Unfortunately, RNG is a, you could say, traditional aspect of the RPG genre I think. It's also in Blizzard's interest to keep you running the same instance over and over, more subscription time for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shards imo arnt waste.. So no, the loot isnt being wasted.

We seem to only get Agility Mail. As a 10 m guild with no raiding enhancement shaman or hunter we are rolling in maelstrom crystals.. haha

Deleted
    Our plate users have full epics while leather users are not even close. Way to many disenchants, sux so f***** hard.

We typically shard both items now. Still almost no weapons. We full clear.