about aff lock's unstable affliction

Earlier in version 4.03. I found that the damage Unstable affliction reflects when it is dispelled does not match the tooltip. I thought this would be fixed in 4.06. But no hotfix has state this problem so far. Here is some test I have made in 4.06:

Me:7181 sp under fel armor,6500 under demon armor ,201 spell penetration.
    UA tooltip: 21447 when dispelled fel armor[FA] 19700 when dispelled demon armor[DA]

actual damageto a priest and pala
    [without any
    resillience,
    resistance
    or damage
    reduction buff] 14388FA 13500+DA

damage to a
    4000 resillience priest under FA 8600, under DA u get the idea

You guys are welcomed to do the test yourself. at first i thought the spell power doesn't enhance the damage but after changing the armor buff I find me wrong about that. But the damage is still what the tooltip says.

Deleted
    I tested it this morning on a resto druid and resto shaman, with no buffs and no gear. And indeed, in both cases, the dispel hit them for 2311, when the tooltip explicitly says "..will cause 3267 damage to the dispeller..". Just to compare, Drain Life did 196/197 damage per tick. That's exactly what the tooltip says. So I have 2 possible explanations:

1) The spell itself is bugged (I really hope so. Fixing it will result in ~30% more dispel damage)
    2) The tooltip is bugged.

Deleted
    Even if the damage buff is correct in my opinion it will still be too low. Healers in 2's can just spam dispel, eat the silence and dmg no problems at all. In WOTLK i had seen UA dispels almost 1 shot people, this might be a bit OP but i do think the penalty for dispeling it should be much more severe than it is in its current state. With UA how it is at the moment 2's are almost unplayable from a lock pov only maybe functional with a very skilled rogue but I, and many others i know, cant put out enough pressure in 2v2 with a healer. Thoughts?

are u lvl 85????

mmm, its interesting

I always tought the spell was working correctly.

I will make some tests tonight.

Maybe its the reason why we feel dispelers dont take any damage... mmmm

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 10:51 PM ----------

I can confirm this. I tested the spell on one of my friends paladin.

Im level 85, i have 6734 sp with fel armor

The tooltip say im supposed to do 21393 damage to the dispeler.

I tested this on him with no gear, no resilience and no aura, damage done = 14219

After i tested this on him with 3534 resilience and resit aura = 7153

Seriously, its a joke or what? Now i understand why its so easy to dispel in pvp. And the 4 sec silence is nothing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 12:18 AM ----------

This thread is interesting cause i really think unstable affliction need love, it can be cool if we can have more reports from other warlocks.

Did you write a thread on the official forums about this bug?

mayb sum1 should post a ticket to a GM.. mayb "this is a known issue and our hampsters are working on a solution.."

w/o gear, no resilience and no buffs its hard to imagine it not doing wat it says it does.. definately follow that up.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    mmm, its interesting

I always tought the spell was working correctly.

I will make some tests tonight.

Maybe its the reason why we feel dispelers dont take any damage... mmmm

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 10:51 PM ----------

I can confirm this. I tested the spell on one of my friends paladin.

Im level 85, i have 6734 sp with fel armor

The tooltip say im supposed to do 21393 damage to the dispeler.

I tested this on him with no gear, no resilience and no aura, damage done = 14219

After i tested this on him with 3534 resilience and resit aura = 7153

Seriously, its a joke or what? Now i understand why its so easy to dispel in pvp. And the 4 sec silence is nothing.

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 12:18 AM ----------

This thread is interesting cause i really think unstable affliction need love, it can be cool if we can have more reports from other warlocks.

Did you write a thread on the official forums about this bug?

yea now everyone have 110k health ...7000 or 6000....wow ..its a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by oncedie View Post
    yea now everyone have 110k health ...7000 or 6000....wow ..its a joke...
    Seriously, its supposed to be our most feared spell, i think we all have a problem here.

I will send a ticket to a gm about this, warlocks need some feedback from the developpers.

hmm ..me too lock need some buffs...

Blizzard has been extremely quiet about their intentions for warlocks in the last few months. We haven't really had any thorough explanation for changes and such since 4.0.1. I realize a lot of other classes have been changed a lot, but so have we. The warlock changes just haven't been advertized enough. And as such people tend to ignore us because "locks are just OP, end of story".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    I will send a ticket to a gm about this, warlocks need some feedback from the developpers.
    In fact, the more tickets we send the higher the chance that blizz takes it seriously. I propose everybody who read this thread (and is concerned about UA) makes a ticket. Having it posted on the official forums would be helpful too.

Note: blizz likes empirical data, so show them some real numbers. Instead of sending them a "Hi, my unstable affliction is bugged, fix plz. bye", have it tested on somebody with no resilience/gear/buffs, note the damage and compare it with what the tooltip says.
    Last edited by mmocbbc85d2f8e; 2011-02-24 at 05:42 AM.

Likely result of thread blizz says "well, we figured out the tooltip for unstable affliction was wrong so we fixed it to the appropriate values ie : tooltip says less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Likely result of thread blizz says "well, we figured out the tooltip for unstable affliction was wrong so we fixed it to the appropriate values ie : tooltip says less
    true, they could do that. cheap and easy way to solve a problem.

Even if they only adjusted the tooltip, it'd still dispel (haha) the illusion that it's useful in the eyes of people who don't play warlocks.

guys ..look the patch 4.1's warlock part ..blz said Nothing! But I have a hug for you!
    lol what how we do = =!!! we not need hug..we need buff.

---------- Post added 2011-02-24 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Retroviruz View Post
    In fact, the more tickets we send the higher the chance that blizz takes it seriously. I propose everybody who read this thread (and is concerned about UA) makes a ticket. Having it posted on the official forums would be helpful too.

Note: blizz likes empirical data, so show them some real numbers. Instead of sending them a "Hi, my unstable affliction is bugged, fix plz. bye", have it tested on somebody with no resilience/gear/buffs, note the damage and compare it with what the tooltip says.
    i already do that..in blz offcial forums warlock's forums