Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is how we did it in the last phase, when cho-gall gets to 25%, at about 27% tell ur tanks to move him to the throne. believe me.. inside the throne, the adds will spawn close to each other and you can use aoe racials to interrupt them and aoe them down pretty fast.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love all the great advice fellas! My guild will be attempting Cho'gall this week. We made 2 attempts last week on our last raid day with only 5-10 min left -- 3 healed and with only 2 ranged DPS and got him down to ~50% with little effort so our DPS wasn't the issue, we just have to be cleaner on the adds and avoiding the shadow crashes.

My adivce is to only use two healers, as well as keep the rogue on the boss the whole time and use the least amount of people to kill adds as possible, for my group we have the hunter solo the first set, then hunter boomkin get second then we are straight into phase 2. Not ahving a hunter for this fight will be tough but an ele shaman might be able to compinsate

One little pro-tip, if you push 25% while an add is up it simply despawns. We just have the tank tank the 4th add next to the boss and have it wind sheared and burn chogall. That and pulling up against the wall makes this fight trivial.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricky/advanced
    Oh noes, I have to actually put a moderate amount of work/effort into raiding? To MMO so i can shed my tears!

Deleted
    The reason on endless low % wipes on Cho'ghal lies in the tentacles in most of the cases. People tend to forget about them when they see like 1-3% left on the boss and just try to nuke him at all cost... but the cost is high - 10% durability loss. You have to switch all your dps to the tentacles when they spawn, interrupt them as much as you can and then go back to the boss and finish, no other way will ever work. When tentacles are up you can imagine it like dpsing boss having resurrection sickness on you plus a huge damage incoming on your back.

Go 2 heals make sure int adds in ph1 and ph2 dont have all your dps staxk and burn one Dps overall looks low not sure on you all gear but the frost dk should def be pulling more even if hes getting the adds you go disc drop the resto druid for a hunter or a fire mage even have him go boomkin due to the lack of range you dont have to pull him to thorne but make sure you int the adds in ph2 thats in my mind more important than killing them

It's perfectly 3-healable, my guild's first 10 man kill was before New Year's with 3 healers. Our dps are, however, on their game.

Most of the advice I'd give has been said already, but to sum up my observations... Phase 2 is without a doubt, a dps race, and the two limiting factors are (a) healer mana, and (b) raid damage. How well you execute phase 1 is going to play a *huge* part in both of those.

What I mean is, as someone mentioned, that worship/MC better be interrupted instantly. Glyph your psychic scream, make everyone stay fairly close together whenever worship is about to come off CD, and hit psychic scream the instant you see MCed people. Cleanse the fear afterwards. It won't be up for every worship, so make sure everyone else is using whatever interrupts/stuns/disorients they can. This will greatly reduce the damage on tanks and the required healing.

Secondly, make sure everyone is dodging the shadow crash thing that the adds do, and that the adds don't get a single cast off (forgot the name, does damage and raid-wide corruption). The amount of corruption that your raid walks into phase 2 with determines how much time you have to kill Cho'gall, assuming the tentacles are being promptly interrupted and killed. Put it this way -- when everyone reaches 100 corruption, you aren't going to be living much longer if you're not dead already. There's a huge difference between entering phase 2 with everyone at 0 corruption vs half the raid at 50 corruption because they stood in something bad. This caused us a wipe on 25 man, despite the fact we have Cho'gall on farm.

More corruption = takes more damage from Cho'gall's aura, deals damage to the raid via sickness and shadowbolts
    Last edited by Aleysia; 2011-03-01 at 08:12 PM.