Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would probably say that yeh, more serious players roll horde and play to win and players that are concerned about their characters appearance (therefor not worrying about winning) roll alliance.
    That's just what I have gathered from experience of playing on both sides, I could be wrong

For the Horde! Ahah

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    Take Tol Barad, probably the worst designed pvp concept ever. The horde on my server will hold it for days at a time. You can say "well, it's easier to hold it". Yet when the alliance wins, we take it right back. I'm not talking a day later. I'm talking about the very next time, we take it. They hold it once every few days. You can't say that's simply because of map design, if that were true then they would hold it for days. They outnumber us on the server, so you can't say it's because the horde has some advantage that way.
    You cannot make any sensible arguement about Horde vs. Alliance based on a single server. The servers are mostly unbalanced, because players have a tendancy to transfer away to a server where their faction are top. On my server Alliance dominate TB, this doesn't suddenly mean that Alliance are better than Horde at PvP though, it means that the Alliance on my server are stronger than the Horde. Maybe they have individuals that are organised into giving out tactics for TB, they certainly seem more unified than the Horde. Another problem is that once you start losing you go into a spiral of decline. You expect to lose, so people don't put in the efford and you do lose.

Also on the whole "You don't know statistics, for 5000 results a ratio of 44:56 is expected" arguement that someone else was making. Statistics says as N->Infinity, the ratio will approach 50:50 if it is perfectly balanced. So while it is to be expected to have some statistical error, there is actually good evidence that Horde are ~4% better at PvP than Alliance. Personally I don't see this as a problem, and is probably due to all the QQ the Alliance make about being poor at PvP. You're literally making it worse for yourself by encouraging transfers of dedicated PvP players to the Horde faction.

Well these graphs just show what people have known for a long time, that horde win more than the alliance. Also, any imbalance is bad. Alliance should win the same amount as the horde overall.

You know that the ignorant masses aren't going to read the red text saying to look at the data range, it's actually very irresponsible to post data in a visual manner like this that's going to create troll posts. How hard would it really have been to make the data visually reflective of what the numbers actually indicate? Let's see what 5 minutes in Excel does.

Oh look, it is possible to present the data without visually inciting those who won't take time to read.

Deleted
    The graphs are only misleading if you only read parts "Battleground win percentages" and look at the big red bars without reading any numbers on the side or what Boub said.
    Would think mmochamp readers aren't that retarded...

Deleted
    Hah. I wish the BG win ratios were favoring Horde like that on my battlegroup. It's 50-50 at best.

Then again, good thing I stopped PVP (again) anyway

EDIT: Oh. Yeah. I didn't think to look at the data range either. That's just silly, both of me and the one who made the graphs. I've always hated graphs that are made to seem to make differences seem bigger than they are.
    Last edited by mmoc2481a19ed1; 2011-02-22 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Can you please LTS? (learn to scale)?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    You know that the ignorant masses aren't going to read the red text saying to look at the data range, it's actually very irresponsible to post data in a visual manner like this that's going to create troll posts. How hard would it really have been to make the data visually reflective of what the numbers actually indicate? Let's see what 5 minutes in Excel does.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...statistics.jpg

Oh look, it is possible to present the data without visually inciting those who won't take time to read.
    You need to label the actual values of your bars. The original bar chart allowed people to read the exact percentages. Your one just makes me approximate. For all the rage people have given, the original graph was easy to read when you actually looked at the y-axis. All the "better" ones don't let me take accurate readings.

Here comes the "HORDE IS THE BEST" " NOT UH ALLIANCE IS BETTER UR NUB THIS PROVES NOTHING!" Cant we all be friends? !

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Ignore update drivers

No.. Do NOT keep your drivers up to date.

Nvidia:
    The current drivers are highly bugged and are causing massive problems with WoW.
    Blizzard recommends 260.99 from October, and 266.35 (Beta) for any nvidia 5x0 user.

ATI:
    Stick to 10.10e if possible as they are the most stable, and provide the best FPS for WoW. If using the newest 6xx0 cards, you're going to have to use newest, but keep settings lowish until ATI decides to fix the WoW problems in the next few months.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

There is no real terrain inbalance or racial inbalance that causes the 4% difference seen in the graphs.

It is statements like this that lead to the imbalances:

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    But, as a general rule, this does hold true to my experience in different battlegroups: if you want to win, roll Horde.
    Its an unstoppable self fullfilling prophecy. People say you have to be Horde to win, so you go Horde if you're interested in PvP. The people interested in PvP are then on the Horde faction so they win at PvP more often.

very very very very very very poor graph...... You are showing a little difference as an huge difference. If you would make a graph from 0-100 the difference would appear a lot smaller. Come on that is just bad and this will only lead to flame war on forums abound inbalance of horde and alliance. Even tough you say smallest is 42% and highest is 58% there are a lot people who just see the graphs and don't know how to interpret them correctly.

Also these graphs don't take into count factions change, and a lot of character are controlled by the same persons etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    It is statements like this that lead to the imbalances:

Its an unstoppable self fullfilling prophecy. People say you have to be Horde to win, so you go Horde if you're interested in PvP. The people interested in PvP are then on the Horde faction so they win at PvP more often.
    Sad but true.

If you roll Horde to win at PvP, you're part of the problem!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Battleground groups are removed now - but a US, EU, TW split would be interesting.
    Can you clarify for this?
    I still can organise ladders in arena by battlegroup. However I have noticed odd servers in battlegrounds.
    Shrugged it off, I suppose its the case groups got removed for BGs but stayed for arenas?

Almost 4 hours (I think?) after the original news post, and still no change to those terrible graphs. Rather than putting some final 4th point in that (most likely) half the visitors here won't read, you should probably just make the graphs less deceptive. Some people in this thread have already done it for you, after all...

You're basically setting yourself up for a hundred or more "OMG ALLI GETTING DOMINATED IN BGS WTF" threads, which I'm sure won't be fun to moderate. Just edit the graphs to be less ridiculous, for all of our sakes. Flame wars are boring!
    Last edited by Hateful; 2011-02-22 at 01:00 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been on the horde side for a long long time, but have now gone to the alliance side (yea I know, I fail, hehe).

The biggest difference I see in BG's between alliance and horde is that horde's talk more during the BG. Alliance side seldom say anything or plan anything it seems, it's more "Hey, I'm going to go around and see how many people I can kill. Defendig the flag/base, nah...I don't get any points for that".

But I have to say I was a bit surprised when I noticed this graph, thought it would be a greater gap between the horde and alliance (bigger win % for the horde then what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak View Post
    Can you clarify for this?
    I still can organise ladders in arena by battlegroup. However I have noticed odd servers in battlegrounds.
    Shrugged it off, I suppose its the case groups got removed for BGs but stayed for arenas?
    You answered your question in your last sentence. Thats how it is.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bet there will be alot of Alliance to Horde faction changes today.
    Meh, more than likely if any faction changes happened it would be the people who would rather spend their time in BG's typing/harassing the rest of the team than doing anything semi-productive. Also... Less Alliance = Faster queues for me

Deleting characters who transferred deletes data.

Absolutely no way any of this info is representative of actual win/loss ratio. You would have to keep the data of the characters who transferred right up until THE MOMENT THEY TRANSFERRED.

And how much of it is redundant, we don't know. Nice info for starting flamefests but not very useful otherwise.