Heroic Chimaeron Buffed ? ?

Hey all

Im currently tanking in a 10man guild which has recently started on Chimaeron 10man heroic - we did our first tries last week and proceed with our tries this weeks recent.
    But the dmg that ppl seems to be taking was in no way compareable with our last weeks attempt, which made me think if they somehow changed something or if we where doing something wrong in our last raid.

When I look at the logs from the two raids, found to timewise similar:

This weeks attempts - shows a raiddmg spiking up to 35k DPS and alot more dmg on the tanks compared to last week.

last weeks attempts - raiddmg not spiking higher then 25k DPS - Tanks are lowest on dmg taken.

Hope someone can and will inlighten me somehow

I would have added the logs but im not allowed to post links yet

/Apologies - Frostwhisper

I don't think so but even it it would be truth it should be no problem because the 10k hp barrier stays the same as well as the tank/tank/dd agro rotation to always have special abilities ready.

Deleted
    Damage on Chimaeron doesn't really matter. He can do 1 billion raid dps if he wants, so long as his double attacks don't do more dmg than they currently do. Any deaths you have should be unlucky double attacks during feud, really. Or deaths in P2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt the fight was changed. There's likely some other cause to your wipes. Considering that you haven't completed the encounter yet, I'm going to guess that there's some mechanic in the fight you're not tactically dealing with.

If people die from anything besides double attack or melee in P2 you are doing it wrong, identify why and fix the problem.

Since we killed him for the first time yesterday, I doubt he's been buffed

Well ur probally right - and thx for responding.

Reason why i was wondering - was ofc the log dmg on tanks was alot different.
    We run 2 tanks - 1 for tanking and one for Double attacks - and switch these rolls during Feuds.
    mainproblem though - double attack started killing the tank that was meant to take doubles after the Feud - obviously due to Break debuff, however this wasnt an issue on our first weeks attempts.

Considering that we made somewhat same amount of attempts those 2 raids - i cant really see how its meant to be RNG on the double attacks.

But again just wanted to ask if anyone else saw some changes to the fight

/Apologies - Frostwhisper

is it possible that the extra raid dps taken was because of healers healing the raid to higher than 10k hp? like alot higher than last week? because if people were getting topped then that would be more effective dps from chimaeron and wasted healing from your healers is it possible people were stacking, sharing the slime damage between two people, ie more damage taken?

Deleted
    We did him yesterday as well, after few tries last week he didn't seem any different. As Alyssa said, only situation, where ppl (tanks) can die, is feud phase, and 20%-0%, if your dps is lower than it should be(and ofc, RNG is a bitch here, wipes at 300-100k are nothing unusual, if he decides to oneshot both tanks with no dodge/parry). Everything else is a healer's precise job, that must be performed with no mistakes.

Maybe you can find something usefull in our last night's WoL:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5844&e=6244

@OP - edit: we had several DA-eating-tank casualties yesterday as well, when we discovered he forgot to time barskin for this, and thus got oneshotted. by hits 180+. After he started using barskin CD on this properly, everything went well.
    Last edited by mmoc3901d91d40; 2011-02-22 at 10:31 AM.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe your healers just put out extra healing this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

If you can, you might want to look at avoidance (dodge/parry), a tank avoiding an attack will reduce the amount of "raid-damage" assuming you count tanks in on raid-damage.
    As far as I know, all tanks now have some sort of absorption shield (DKs have the best), which can absorb some, and only some, damage. Since it's Chimaeron, who will kill those shields no matter what, it probably won't make that big a difference, but you might also want to check the uptime of those (I play a druid tank, and mine has 100% uptime on Chimaeron, because of his 4-second swing-timer).
    Other ideas might be that you had people using more defensive CDs in your last attempt, or maybe had a priest bubble for feud?

We killed it this week, just like we did last week (25man though), and there's absolutely no difference except for the fix at his phase-change, going into phase at 20%, not 21-22%.

For anyone having issues with double-attacks in feud phase in 25man, if you use a 2-Tank-1-DPSTank setup like we did. It should be easy.
    What we do is have a DK go blood presence and DPS/taunt when he's supposed to, effectively tanking.
    Then we use 2 other tanks, taking turns at feud-tanking, where they blow their 50% dmg reduction CD for the first double-strike, because the 2nd one never goes off, as Chimaeron will cast Massacre instead. Get the raid topped before the last phase (preferably after a massacre). Every druid use Tranq, every priest use Divine Hymn, pop Bloodlust and get the kill.
    Last edited by Nillerr; 2011-02-22 at 11:55 AM.

If you see the damage become harder, check the buff/debuff first. Some tanks forget to keep demoshout-type debuff, some healers does not bother to uptime inspiration-type buffs, check totems/auras.
    Some tactic misunderstanding may take place.

Prosecuting blizzard in all problems are not the way to go )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Damage on Chimaeron doesn't really matter. He can do 1 billion raid dps if he wants, so long as his double attacks don't do more dmg than they currently do. Any deaths you have should be unlucky double attacks during feud, really. Or deaths in P2.

He doesn't Feud on heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoreant View Post
    He doesn't Feud on heroic.
    Erm, yes he does. He doesn't have the casting animation for longer then 3 seconds or so but he definitly uses Feud and you have to group up, heal the tanks through the dmg and top the group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ot4ku-mh View Post
    Erm, yes he does. He doesn't have the casting animation for longer then 3 seconds or so but he definitly uses Feud and you have to group up, heal the tanks through the dmg and top the group.
    He uses it and you stack up, then it cancels a few seconds in and he attacks as normal, but without the 10k hp buffer bot active.

Deleted
    What problem we had was the bear tank tanking the normal hits in the feud gettin hammered, been spammin him to reroll pally rly..

And he uses feud lol, only diff is that he hits normally and double hits aswell without the bot beeing online. Please dont post if you've never seen the boss.

After a 0.1%~ (47k hp wipe) we just cried, altough went back the day after and got the sucker... But to the topic, if its been buffed or not.. im not quite sure since we started on him like 3 nights ago and got him yesterday.

This boss is just about patience and hopin for some nice dodge/parrys.

Edit: What will help you loads is having either a dk dps in blood or dps warrior in defensive stance to take all normal hits while bot is online.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say he didn't knock the Bile-O-Tron offline. Feud prevents him from attacking, and he still attacks during the Bile-O-Tron being offline on heroic.