Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I use RaidWatch2, timer seems to be spot on.

Other thing is, I usually click the gong while tanking. I don't watch for a cast bar, because when you're stood at his head it's pretty damn obvious he's doing it. Raid addon makes a sound, his head goes back and starts shooting fire, and you click asap. Cursor over gong ready of course. Maybe one pull to see what it's like, but from then on should be simple.
    Last edited by mmoc2ef9007827; 2011-02-23 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Donno if this is 25 man or 10. But when we did 10 man Heroic we could take 2 ticks. This because we stacked all raid on one marked guy. So the AOE healing gets better. When disc spawns, everyone follow the star to the left. The guy that gets targeted by the flame breath runs right. And ofc we have one assigned clicker which just runs out when searing pain is coming. Phase 2 is like normal.

By stacking, you have:
    Easier/better healing
    Easier to kill add and interrupt it
    Less moving around since you only have to move from one disc (since all discs are stacked like one)

Edit: And we dont have a healing priest, prot Paladin or a DK.
    Last edited by mmoc147778e43d; 2011-02-23 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get 2 ticks most often as well. Our strategy is to stand in 2 camps. Melee on one side of the boss, ranged on the other side. During Searing Flames, we use DK raid bubbles and disc raid bubbles and paladins' aura masteries. This is for 25 man. Of course you'd have more CDs available there than you'd do in 10man.

Just watch for when he does it and hit the gong. Make sure to take advantage of the classes you have.

Prot paladin - Raid wall
    Holy Paladin - Aura Mastery
    Disc Priest - Raid Bubble
    Druid - Tranquility
    DK - AM bubble (I think this is blood now, maybe unholy, not sure)

Searing flames is on a 2 minute CD exactly, this never changes, so if your raid has enough CDs to throw something up every 2 minutes the damage you take for searing flame should be significantly less.

Deleted
    When you check your Combat Log, you'll notice that in most cases the 2 ticks are applied in the exact same moment, so you can't really do anything against it, except resisting it or using defensive cooldowns or a discipline priest^^

If you have something like Grid+Debuff tracker you'll notice that almost always some people get 1 stack, others get 2...it seems to be somewhat wiered

edit: to back this up, look at this http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...=15340&e=15367 there you can see what i'm talking about. it seems like searing flames can miss and also be completely resisted.
    Last edited by mmoc3231ba3ffd; 2011-02-23 at 12:35 PM.