Poll: What is your threat to other players on your enh?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Enh shaman poll

Enh shaman poll

ive been reading posts about purge nerf and people are saying that was all they were doing in areans and now they arent good or so...

but i was wondering how high of a threat is an enh shaman...

from 10% = meh when i see a group with no healers id kill the enh last he isnt a threat to me
    to 100% = THIS SHAMAN MUST DIE

also what would your personal threat be to another player? this depends on player skill more than anything

right both like this:

70% - when i see an enh shaman(on my prot paladin in bgs)
    80% - what i think i am a threat to other players <----------------- put this 1 on the poll

i see myself as a huge threat. generally, there isn't another class i can't kill. except for maybe disc priests now (wow, are they tough to take down).

oddly enough, i find that other enh shaman are a mixed bag. some are good. some are bad.

oh, and the purge nerf has HURT.

Quote Originally Posted by bonovoxpsu View Post
    i see myself as a huge threat. generally, there isn't another class i can't kill. except for maybe disc priests now (wow, are they tough to take down).
    Are you saying you can kill good geared, equalskilled blood DK's?
    ''Argh, I would have OBLITERATED all of those 1v1!''

this one is hard to answer. generally i'm the most popular target, but i do not think that's because they recognise me as particulary skilled or a huge threat class/spec-wise.

i think it's more of an alliance tradition to focus shaman everytime, even if he has full epic pvp gear and a fresh lvl 85, greengeared *please insert non shaman class* stands right beside him.

because of that, it's hard to evaluate it.

there are bg's i was focused on so much that i had twice as much deaths as kills, and others where i was either supported nicely by others and/or underestimated in terms of offensive capability by my opponents, and were at the top easily.

it's unquestionable though that shaman survivability is very low, so that's enough reason for many to just focus on the class who they know has no 9 lives like a rogue/frost mage/hunter

generally you can put a dps spec into one of the following four categories
    1.) i am a threat offensive-wise but hard to kill ( that is more like a rogue though, or a hunter, death knight, frost mage )
    2.) i am no threat but hard to kill ( i dont think there is any dps spec matching that though )
    3.) i am no threat and easy to kill ( moonkins, elementals, poor guys )
    4.) i am a threat but easy to kill ( enhance )
    Last edited by Omanley; 2011-02-22 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    this one is hard to answer. generally i'm the most popular target, but i do not think that's because they recognise me as particulary skilled or a huge threat class/spec-wise.

i think it's more of an alliance tradition to focus shaman everytime, even if he has full epic pvp gear and a fresh lvl 85, greengeared *please insert non shaman class* stands right beside him.

because of that, it's hard to evaluate it.

there are bg's i was focused on so much that i had twice as much deaths as kills, and others where i was either supported nicely by others and/or underestimated in terms of offensive capability by my opponents, and were at the top easily.

it's unquestionable though that shaman survivability is very low, so that's enough reason for many to just focus on the class who they know has no 9 lives like a rogue/frost mage/hunter

generally you can put a dps spec into one of the following four categories
    1.) i am a threat offensive-wise but hard to kill ( that is more like a rogue though, or a hunter, death knight, frost mage )
    2.) i am no threat but hard to kill ( i dont think there is any dps spec matching that though )
    3.) i am no threat and easy to kill ( moonkins, elementals, poor guys )
    4.) i am a threat but easy to kill ( enhance )
    really i dont think enh is easy to kill with pretty basic bloodthirsty enchants gems the works....

they seems pretty solid in duels against most and they arent that easy on my prot paladin

so long as I have my wolves, I can be pretty sure of killing any given class. I have problems against geared, skilled healers, but thats to be expected. I don't PvP seriously, but I defend myself in TB on a PvP server, do pretty well in BGs, and I can hold my own in an arena when I so choose (rarely, normally to get a few cheap maelstrom crystals).

Quote Originally Posted by Skogtrollet View Post
    Are you saying you can kill good geared, equalskilled blood DK's?
    first one i ran into was tonight. so i stand corrected. he was tough.

Really depends on the fight.
    At start I'm very high, have to stop using abilities for a while often
    If I don't have to interrupt anything, I will be a lot lower than other classes from Wind Shear. On bosses I'm usually at 40-50% at the end.
    If I have to save my Wind Shear for interrupts, I'm usually quite higher, 70-90%.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker View Post
    Really depends on the fight.
    At start I'm very high, have to stop using abilities for a while often
    If I don't have to interrupt anything, I will be a lot lower than other classes from Wind Shear. On bosses I'm usually at 40-50% at the end.
    If I have to save my Wind Shear for interrupts, I'm usually quite higher, 70-90%.

i fckin knew some1 was gonna take gonna take it as aggro threat... dude how did u not see that it was pvp....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadark View Post
    really i dont think enh is easy to kill with pretty basic bloodthirsty enchants gems the works....

they seems pretty solid in duels against most and they arent that easy on my prot paladin
    against tank dmg, yes our selfheal is enough. but tank specs generally are no pvp specs. against any decent dd, our selfheal is only of little help, and it comes down to fisting him as fast as possible, while sr/sc/wolves are still there.

so long as I have my wolves, I can be pretty sure of killing any given class.
    if you're talking about wotlk, yes.

on lvl85, wolves did not grow weak, no, but their healing and damage did not nearly increase as much as hp did, so their damage is not as threatening and their heal not as strong.

it's possible for most dps'es to kill an enh even with wolves, or simply aoe-fear/freeze them just or the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.