Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass effect 2 DLC pack

Hey

I'm thinking off buying the "Lair of the shadow broker" DLC and I'm just wondering if anyone who have played it think it was worth the money.

I'm kind of low on cash so please tell me your opinion on it so i can decide or not.

Oh definitely. Lair of the Shadow Broker was the best DLC out of any game last year, other than Undead Nightmare.. which wasn't really DLC, and was more a standalone game.

It's especially good if you romanced Liara in Mass Effect 1. It makes her the most developed love interest out of any Mass Effect game so far.
    Last edited by treston323; 2011-02-22 at 04:04 PM.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is bar far one of the best DLCs I have played. It gives a good chunk of story about Liara and and one of the longer DLCs as well. Its definitely worth the money.
    For the Emperor and Sanguinius!

The main mission is great in my opinion, and there are also a fair amount of extra...things to keep you occupied once you're done. Definitely worth the money.

Lair of the Shadow Broker is excellent. Definitely worth picking up.

Lair had some of the best dialogue and fight scenes in the entire game. Definitely worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow looks like I'm gonna pick it up then. Saw the trailers and it made me really excited :P Thanks for the answers

Don't forget this DLC actually influences your ME3 playthrough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookeys View Post
    Don't forget this DLC actually influences your ME3 playthrough.
    It does? Does the overlord do it as well?

don't know if Overlord will, but it'll probably have a small reference to it at least (like the [bugged] reference to Bring Down The Sky in ME2)
    anyway Lair of the Shadow Broker is an amazing piece of DLC and a good example of what DLC should be instead of crappy weapon packs and sticking duct tape over Jack's eyes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    It does? Does the overlord do it as well?
    Ofcourse it does.
    Im pretty sure that all DLCs being released before ME3 is going to have effects in ME3.

Bioware is not known for taking shortcuts when it comes to quality.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

No confirmation that all DLC's will, but Lair is one of three pieces of DLC that is supposed to bridge the way from ME2 -> ME3

10+ Year Old Account
    100% worth it, the best ME2 DLC out there. Sountrack, Liara, Shadow Brokers ship and SB himself. Just epic.

All of their DLC is good in my opinion except the Hammer Head or whatever you call it.

boycottt the download pay models IMO especially from the most money hungry company in the gaming industry these days = Bioware :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    boycottt the download pay models IMO especially from the most money hungry company in the gaming industry these days = Bioware :P
    Shut up. Thanks.

Boycott stupidity and selfish players who think they are entitled!

Yup because giving people free stuff for downloading a free demo, which by itself is very nice, sure is money hungry.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

All of the DLCs were worth it for ME2 but LotSB was by far the best.

boycot the ones you don't feel are worth the cost, just like you would anything else that costs money
    personally I buy the story DLCs and avoid the weapon and costume packs. also I avoided Pinnacle Station for ME1 as all the reviews of it suggested it to be nothing more than mindless shooting with no story, character development or anything I would find interesting. those who like mindless shooting should not refrain from purchasing just because I dislike it though

The weapon packs I found very useful for my Insane play through. They aren't so much better but I really like the way they handle.