Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the heroic dungeons and the leveling area's... About raiding, we still have to start... Guild seems to be in a slumber stage or whatever, lots of the officers are inactive. Hopeing to get the first guild runs starting next week :-/

Raiding became nearly pointless.

Deleted
    I LOVE it... but probably mostly because it's the first time in Wow where I'm progress raiding AND we just started the day before yesterday. I never hit 60 during vanilla, hit 70 very late in TBC and basically only did kara 1-2 times with an overgeared guild, hit 80 late in WotLK and only did the first 4 bosses of ICC. The day before yesterday, our guild decided we had enough of doing HCs when we already have full HC gear, so we took all 5 of us (!) and pugged 5 more for Halfus. Went in, killed him on third attempt. A holy pala in the raid joined our guild and brought his friends, so yesterday we went on a 10man raid and killed Magmaw.

Killing magmaw again today, possibly halfus as well. Might even try our hand at omnotron or valiona if we have time.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    Raiding became nearly pointless.
    Why? I like it.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    Why? I like it.
    I like it too, but there's not many reasons to progress except progression itself. Used to do raids to get gear for pvp, now it's not as useful.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    I like it too, but there's not many reasons to progress except progression itself. Used to do raids to get gear for pvp, now it's not as useful.
    PvE gear for PvP, eh? Have fun getting globaled!

Anyways, I'm enjoying this tier quite a bit as well, except for the fact that 10mans are significantly harder than 25mans, GG blizz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    PvE gear for PvP, eh? Have fun getting globaled!

Anyways, I'm enjoying this tier quite a bit as well, except for the fact that 10mans are significantly harder than 25mans, GG blizz.
    I can't say anything about 25mans since I only raid with a (very small) 10man guild but yes it became harder. But so did our members - we have 6 of 10 mouthbreathers and keyboardturners but yeah - they evolve! What could be healed over in WotLK now just will kill your mana and/or tanks - so everybody must be up to their best.

I love raiding in cata! And @FatMF: I love purplez too but never got the grip why people excelling in PvE should be rewarded for that in PvP too, so all in all it's more of an improvement that way for me. I play 2v2 arena and bgs apart from raiding.

So more difficult? Yes - matter of fact. But HELL - I haven't had such a great time raiding since .... well ever since.

I didn't like being forced to raid for PvP gear either. But in return PvE feels too pointless now. There's no reward except downing bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm complaining about specific things as much as the next person, believe me (gosh, for the past few weeks I had been writing sheer novels on shamy weaknesses and nerfs and needs), but all in all, I like the game as it is. I wouldn't play it if I didn't like the idea of it. Some concepts still need a bit of fine-tuning, yes, but they're trying and working on it. And I like that.

I am very content with how the game presents itself right now.

The only thing that bugs me is people who are complaining all the time. Now, I'm not even referring to forum threads about this. People like to whine; I like to whine too. I'm referring to people who are your friends or people you've simply met in game and talk to on a regular basis. It bugs the heck out of me when they keep whinging about how the game bores them, how they want to quit, how they want to transfer to another server because they don't like how this and that thing is handled in your guild or raid or group of friends, how always killing the same bosses is no fun, how wiping on heroic bosses for a night or two is boring...

This is what is taking the fun out of the game for me. And it's making me aggressive. When I'm enjoying myself, digging up artefacts, levelling an alt, dabbling a bit in PvP, farming my buff food (yes, sometimes I truly have fun farming that stuff), etc... why do some people always have to go on and on about how boring it all is? I'm not bored most of the time. And if I'm bored, I know it's not the game's fault. Because if it were, I'd just go offline and do something that isn't so boring, right?

So... I'm having the time of my life in raids. I always have, for as long as I was in there with decent enough people (I'm not talking about player skills when I say 'decent'. I'm more closely referring to 'respectful'). No matter how often we wipe on heroic bosses. Seriously, there have been entire nights without a boss kill, and some of them have felt more rewarding than a full clear of farm bosses. And I'm really looking forward to wiping on the next hardmode on our list again tonight or maybe tomorrow, depending on the schedule and how fast the other bosses will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    After you get every new faction to exalted there is absolutely nothing to do outside raids. Cata was a major let down content wise.
    I'm assuming you're talking about level cap content.

You don't like Cata's pvp?

When Wrath came out, what was there to do after getting every faction to exalted and you didn't want to raid or pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really enjoying it! A big feeling of progress and dedication in my 10-man raid, so different from the 25-man I was in ICC.

Haven't really got time to raid, but probably will go this or next week with my guild. Really looking forward to it. You guys make me jaleous^^

I'm really enjoying Cata as well, it's just as fun if not more fun than the game has ever been

The bosses are kinda fun, I can't really say I enjoy this raid tier since the 10/25 lockouts nearly destroyed my guild.

T11 has been great so far, most of the boss's are really fun, though right now cho'gall keeps smacking us in the face at about 8mill hp, but its really fun and I'm glad they arntush overs
    <KillingTime> Dawnbringer U.S. 8/8 heroic
    Mitsuka, Savior of Aseroth

10+ Year Old Account
    I love raiding where it is right now. My guild is at 5/12 normal now, we raid once or twice per week and it's been a blast so far. Fights are very interesting and even though they're quite unforgiving in 10 man I like them a lot so far.

Deleted
    Well, I used to raid 3-4 times a week, we got hmm, 8/12 normal content, and now I went verry casual, raiding maybe 1 day a week, or whenever they need me, because I'm considered to be one of best guild's DPSers. Not because I do omgwtfshiiit dps, but because I don't take unnecessary damage, execute tactics 99% perfectly and so forth, with medium DPS (10man guild, mostly 3rd in dps I am.).

And when talking about raiding and dungeon content blizzard has given to us this time. I think it's very nicely made. Would like to see more buffs to Heroic Dungeons as well as Normal raids (haven''t had a chance to test out HC raids yet) .
    Heroic dungeon now feel like WotLK, when going in it with reasonable people, then there is no CC required or what so ever, tank doesn't take damage, healer insn't required to heal
    Raiding content on the other hand is very nicely made, although I'd like to have it harder, fight's seem too easy, yet there are many new and unique mechanisms in them (atramedes, cho'gal and what not).
    It's really fun and hard for healers, even with good group of dps and tanks that know how to avoid damage.
    But it still feels way too easy for DPS, don''t know about tanks, haven't tanked cause PC is too bad for it.

Thou still, Raid content is nice and ye, while you don't really know what to expect more than what you saw on vids on youtube etc. it was quite fun and entertaining.
    In my opinion, Normal Raids should get massive buffs to AMOUNT OF MECHANISMS in them in future raid content
    Last edited by mmoc8b29f99706; 2011-02-23 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    "We're currently progressing in normal... we can't clear it yet, but it's just sooo easy." Huh?

On-topic: Nice to see a thread like this now and then I really love this tier, haven't had as much fun in a raid since the times of Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep(wasn't a big fan of Ulduar, though it certainly was the best raid in Wrath)
    I find it easy atm, my guild has some troubles with "getting out of the fire" thingies. If 1 person find it easy, it doesn't instantly mean his whole guild is on progressing on far heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    No i dont like cata pvp, pvp in general is shit when devs only focus on arena at the cost of everything else. Also cata is by far the smallest expac with 99% recycled content. TBC and WOTLK atleast gave us whole continents of exploring and questing, now we got just bits and pieces from here and there. Not impressed.
    It's not as if you got 5 large new zones. Just group them up beside each other and call it Outlands. Happy?

Truth is man, we got just as much new content as every other expac. The overhaul of old world means we actually have a lot more new content than ever. If you find everything outside raiding and pvp boring now, you felt the same way in wrath and BC. The same options are there now as then, it's just that because it's not a new continent you don't think of all the changes as "new".

OT: I love this tier of raiding. Some heroic bosses are a tad easy, especially after the nerfs. However, overall they are the most challenging bunch of bosses I've ever seen. I cannot wait to get stuck into heroic DD and ascendant council (although I am sure I will be smashing my head into a wall over this in a months time). They're new bosses and they require optimal play. Even heroic halfus, in it's nerfed to hell state and overgearing it slightly, can cause a wipe or two every week if you're not on your toes. It's not like ICC where in the end you joked around, had a few laughs and then cleared the entire thing including HLK in 2 and a half hours. You actually have to concentrate here, and it's great.

I feel like the mechanics are pretty easy so I'm not thrilled with it...

My real issue with the tier, however, is how poorly the lore is executed within each raid. You learn next to nothing about this expansion's story line from actually doing the raids.