Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Can I Get A Half-Decent Healer Please?

No, seriously, can I get a healer that can actually heal? I mean, what is up with that? I had one glorious night running through dungeons and now it's all gone to crap. Everytime there's a healer,they don't know what they're doing or they drop out and leave the rest of us high and freaking dry!

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    How about rolling a healing class and giving it a shot?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure this post will solve the problem.

shut the fuck up?
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-02-22 at 08:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess you play the dps or tank that never does anything wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    How about rolling a healing class and giving it a shot?
    he sounds like an elitist tank to me

Tanking>Healing

kthx

Reroll healer. DERP!

Can I get a tank or dps that doesnt blame everything on the healer? No, seriously.

Come on over to Drak'Tharon -Horde- and run some dungeons with me and my healers(I que with 3 diff ones) we just faceroll our way through nowadays, I can take the hits from large groups of mobs and my healer rarely dips below 75% health...

my suggestion, GET A GUILD!
    and if you have one, RUN DUNGEONS WITH IT!
    and if its not 'up to your standards', GET A NEW ONE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renea View Post
    Can I get a tank or dps that doesnt blame everything on the healer? No, seriously.
    This so much. Whatever happens, it's always the healer's fault.

"WHY NO HEALS?????"
    "You stood in the fire..."
    "Stfu u suck." And then /kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Renea View Post
    True dat!

PS: if someone dies it is ALWAYS the healers fault............riiiiiiiiight.
    And yes this thread will solve he problem of dps/tanks who blame everything on the healer.

PPS: reroll heals. Then there will....... /cough ....... always be a good healer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Run around in circles till u see a big number (20k+) and in yellow flash on ur screen. Then stop running
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sorry people but you need to accept DPS is about as stressful as making a bowl of cereal.

As a healer myself, I stopped doing pugs. Because it's just no fun and it's a huge drag.

A: DPS has no clue what to do, CC WTF is that? (yes this still happens to often)
    B: Tanks run around like headless chickens, even when you've told him what to do.
    Especially on stonecore it seems people have no clue there.

If A or B happens, it's the healer's fault. Standard.

C: Tanks that join for 1 boss and leave.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by Whistnyr View Post
    No, seriously, can I get a healer that can actually heal? I mean, what is up with that? I had one glorious night running through dungeons and now it's all gone to crap. Everytime there's a healer,they don't know what they're doing or they drop out and leave the rest of us high and freaking dry!

Can I get a healer that can heal?
    Can I get a tank that's actually a tank and not DPS who queued as tank?
    Can I get a DPS that doesn't pull aggro?

I feel your pain and wallow in it just like all of you

Chin up...and all that

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Healers, always healers. Use CC if your group isn't geared simple as. A good group with CC doent need a great deal of healing.

If you are dying it is pretty much your own fault. This is how Blizzard wanted it.

I seriously don't understand why people QQ so much. I don't get it. There IS a solution to ALL your problems.... I, ChromWolf, will grace you all with this ultra-secret revelation. Mark this date upon your calendars, forum goers, for history is being made. Who killed Kenedy? Pft.

So here it is:

Don't PUG. ever. don't do it. Hack your game so you have no LFD tool if you have to. Just don't Pug. Pugging = drugs. Pugs're bad, mmkay.

Seriously now. I have never run a heroic that wasn't at least 3/5 guildies in this expansion, and I NEVER will. And do you know what? I love healing.

If ignorance is bliss..... Why would you waste so much time teethgrinding and hating on the LFD and pugging? No thanks.

Theres a lot less good healers than in WotLK for two reasons.

- Knowing when to power through your CDs and big expensive heals is not always apparent, especially to more unexperienced, casual players.
    - Classes have more intricate mechanics now, using abilities like chakra, Holy Radiance, mana regen CDs, ect take time to master and not all players coming into groups through the LFD queue will know what to do with them.

These problems weren't as big a deal in Wotlk as mana was basically infinite.
    Last edited by Wonderboy; 2011-02-22 at 07:42 PM.

Here's a little tip that works fantastic in both WoW and RL. You can't control the quality of playing that other people put out, however, you can control your own. If the healer is sucking, and you're tanking, try to use your CD's at the best possible times, or use them period. I don't care if you think heroic trash isn't worthy of your CD's (guess what, most are short for a specific reason; to encourage them being constantly used). Use your self healing abilities. Get out of fire/void quicker. Use utility spells more frequently. Every class has a plethora of abilities that can be used to lighten the burden of a sub par player. Use them. Everybody has room for improvement. No exceptions. Furthermore, stop blaming the healers is they mess up. I guarantee that if you gave constructive feedback in a light tone, the player would be willing to listen. However, if you try to "call them out", of course they're gonna leave you high and dry.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have and I don't particularly enjoy it but I've got nothing against the class. It's just the people playing them that sometimes tick me off.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 02:06 PM ----------

And you read there where in my post? That I play the DPS or tank that never does anything wrong? Because I don't remember typing that.... And, actually, I've done enough wrong to know how to not do it anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 02:07 PM ----------

No, you.... Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Whistnyr View Post
    I have and I don't particularly enjoy it but I've got nothing against the class. It's just the people playing them that sometimes tick me off.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 02:06 PM ----------

And you read there where in my post? That I play the DPS or tank that never does anything wrong? Because I don't remember typing that.... And, actually, I've done enough wrong to know how to not do it anymore.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 02:07 PM ----------

No, you.... Please?

Mind like err quote who your talking to or at least putting @name, right now you pretty much look like your just rambling to yourself...

Unfortunately, my previous sarcasm aside, to throw a little psycho-analysis at this thread, I think this is basically just a call-out thread that isn't actually going to serve any purpose other than to be a public(ly anonymous) vent for the OP. From a customer service standpoint, if this guy were a caller calling a call center, he doesn't actually *want* a solution (at least as provided by us directly)---he just wants to have someone listen to him vent about his frustration, and understand where he's coming from. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that, generally speaking.

The trouble is, we, the forum goers who are supposed to commiserate and identify with the OP, aren't given any of the actual context of his complaint. *Is* he the undergeared tank who chain pulls without marking or CC, has too little health, is stuck in the WotLK mindset of how to run a dungeon? Is he actually a well-geared tank who *always* marks and expects DPS to CC, waits for the healer to have mana, is strongly geared, and is just legitimately getting poor healers? Is he even a tank, or is he a DPS? Stands in the fire, or always runs out? We don't really know, and probably can't get that information reliably from the OP. Viewers of "House" should understand that part.

So, Whistnyr, the issue is this: You have to choose if running pugs is worth it to you. You know the pitfalls. Healers aren't the only ones who can drop the ball, ANYONE can--and, not to put too fine a point on it, that means so can you. Are you okay with taking the chance of seemingly "always" getting a bad healer, or is it more worth your time to find a guild who will run heroics with you in a 3+/5 group so you can learn with and come to trust the guildy healers you run with? It's really up to you.

Personally, I've decided it is most assuredly *NOT* worth it for me, and I think I've enjoyed the dungeoning experience VERY much the better for it. I won't say I AM TEH BEZT HEELUR EVAR or something, but I like to think it's given me the chance to re-learn how to heal with all my new abilities (Holy Paladin here) in a MUCH more forgiving---and productive---environment.

Bottom line: if you're frustrated with pugging, I highly suggest doing the runs with as exclusive guild runs as you can manage, I bet you'll enjoy it MUCH more. You get to hang with your crew, get to know them better (our guild even does heroics over vent, it's just more fun that way), and get your JP much quicker that way too. So, yeah, I'd say give it a shot.