Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavko View Post
    So you (a mage) and a rogue almost died to a hunter priest that were casting ~2 spells and were either noobs or bots. Yea, that screams pro to me.
    you obviously can't read and should go back to elementary school lil boy....

10+ Year Old Account
    i lol'ed at the druid bot name
    Catisforfite

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoballs View Post
    My friend being a hardcore botter, and showing many of his techniques I have seen what bots can do. He uses a free open source, bots daily on 2 accounts for serveral months now and never gets caught. They are very capable, lets take a look at his mage bot that he usually uses. It can Counterspell when certain spells are cast, Frost Nova when they are so close, Cone of Cold when they are close and in front of them, use proc's effectively, and also blink away. I've seen his frost mage bot beat a couple people a few levels above him its so advanced. (They weren't very good but still). His warrior bot is also very capable.

He's been botting for a few months, and blizz has never banned him. Bot's aren't very detectable since most are smart enough to use little to no memory write, so unless a player reports them blizz will not ban them. Thats why as part of our duties we most report them, or else nothing will ever happen.

You will never be able to tell a bot 80% of the time though with some of them being so elite.

I DO NOT BOT, AND DO NOT SUPPORT IT. THIS IS JUST FOR INFO AND WHAT I KNOW!
    What's the server/faction/name(s) of the toon(s) so I can report them. Since you do not support botting, you'll give me the information to combat this transgression, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senox View Post
    You can't really know if they were bots or not... but yeah... there is a huge possibility that A LOT of people you face in BGs or see sitting around in cities, or just running around in azeroth, are bots. But Blizz will never admit it, and we can't tell for sure.
    Blizz will never admit it?

How can someone admit about something they do not know? Blizzard only catches bots when people report them, otherwise Blizzard doesn't know which players are bots and which ones are not.

People always LOVE to blame Blizzard for things that aren't under their control...

Deleted
    I guess to the extend that they can target random enemy players, hit buttons, heal themselves when they get low and maybe run away if their target is <10 yards away from them.

Okay went back and read again trying to find something redeeming in your first post, but what I found was this:

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    the Priest would always try and cast spam mind spike on me from max distance but then if i got close to him he would cast holy nova or fear sometimes and always go into wisp form when he got low on life. The hunter even did the fall back move a few times when i got melee but he seemed to always follow the priest out and attack us together.
    Okay first of all chief its called "dispersion" not wisp form. Wisp Spirit is when a NE dies. Second, The hunter fallback move is called disengage. Besides these two points, which show your obvious lack of knowledge of other class's abilities, your use of the English language is pretty poor. A fact which any 1st grade student would be happy to help you with. Message me if you'd like to take some basic grammar courses with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fact which any 1st grade student would be happy to help you with. Message me if you'd like to take some basic grammar courses with me.
    As far as I remember, this isn't English class. Also, the guy might have learned English as a second language. Not everybody is graced with speaking English growing up. And you know that EU players are also active on these realms. So please, keep your grammar Nazism to yourself or at least say something without being so snarky.

Okay went back and read again trying to find something redeeming in your first post, but what I found was this:

Okay first of all chief its called "dispersion" not wisp form. Wisp Spirit is when a NE dies. Second, The hunter fallback move is called disengage. Besides these two points, which show your obvious lack of knowledge of other class's abilities, your use of the English language is pretty poor. A fact which any 1st grade student would be happy to help you with. Message me if you'd like to take some basic grammar courses with me.
    lol you serious kid? read your last post if you really want to play the grammar card. unbelievable you tried to use that just now considering your last post, and i never play that card personally since i thought you were foreign or just some lil kid.

Secondly you CLEARLY didn't read the thread where that was already pointed out to me or my explanation but you're like an extremely anal nerd to hold me to WoW specific names for powers/abilities that have been in the genre LOONG before WoW :P

third i BET i'm a much player than you but whatever i don't care since you're some depressed angry kid trying to dog random people on a forum to make yourself feel better.

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    As far as I remember, this isn't English class. Also, the guy might have learned English as a second language. Not everybody is graced with speaking English growing up. And you know that EU players are also active on these realms. So please, keep your grammar Nazism to yourself or at least say something without being so snarky.
    i don't know what his deal is randomly coming at me like he is when it was a harmless thread asking about bots, but if you read his first post his grammar is far from perfect also. And i type fast without proof reading since i assume i'm not being graded like you said, posting on a forum isn't serious business to most of us i think.

The only reason I brought up anything about grammar or english is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    you obviously can't read and should go back to elementary school lil boy....
    Apparently, I can't read properly so I'm trying to figure out exactly what in the OP's first comment makes him seem like he knows what he's talking about at all in regards to PvP/botting/WoW. I haven't found anything yet, but I figured maybe its because I can't understand his English... Please scroll up and read my other posts. You may find you can call me an asshole more easily than a Grammar Nazi.

And to the OP only reason I said anything was to inform you that; Yes, there are some really bad players in WoW that don't use all of their abilities properly (like casting holy nova as a spriest). Sometimes they can be mistaken for bots. I'm pointing out that you probably don't know the difference as you don't really know a lot about the mechanics behind other classes anyway (or else you would use an ability's correct name).

Note: I'm an depressed angry kid trolling people on the Internet, but your user name is spurmwhale... Get off your damn high horse.
    Last edited by Slavko; 2011-02-23 at 08:52 PM.

The only reason I brought up anything about grammar or english is this:

Apparently, I can't read properly so I'm trying to figure out exactly what in the OP's first comment makes him seem like he knows what he's talking about at all in regards to PvP/botting/WoW. I haven't found anything yet, but I figured maybe its because I can't understand his English... Please scroll up and read my other posts. You may find you can call me an asshole more easily than a Grammar Nazi.
    Because i described what happened that you got completely wrong since they used more than just 2 abilities where you pretended to call me a noob based on your poor reading skills. Then you apparently re-read it and then finally understood what i described, then jumped to me not calling WoW abilities by their specific names to criticize me, which might i add was already pointed out in this thread, again poor reading skills.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-02-23 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post

Seriously good video that more people should watch.
    That is a VERY good video, people should definitly watch this.

Most advanced bots can quest/learn new skills/buy stuff/fight/queue pvp and actually play it without any player interraction.

Blizz will never admit it?

How can someone admit about something they do not know? Blizzard only catches bots when people report them, otherwise Blizzard doesn't know which players are bots and which ones are not.

People always LOVE to blame Blizzard for things that aren't under their control...
    There were threads upon threads filled with youtube videos of people botting and blizzard just deleted or edited them and locked them claiming "name and shame is wrong" None of the offenders on my server have been banned NONE. Blizzard has Activision to appease and with low stocks in that company they are riding WOW hard to get some income, they will not ban any paying subscription.

I leveled 2 chars from 10 to 80 in pure PvP last expansion and I'll tell ya what, the game is full of bots, I got sick of seeing them in PvP and found that logging a ticket or reporting them AFK failed the gain the desired effect, meaning I would see them weeks on end, so I started emailing blizzard every time I saw one, they kept saying use the ticket function or report them AFK, but I'll tell ya what when you email blizzard the names they seem to disappear a lot faster.

As for what bots can do, they can pretty much do everything, path areas, use pot and different skills depending on situation, I haven't seen speak functionality on WoW bots yet but I have on Lineage 2, where they provide certain response to players, say you say in pm "You a bot?" you could have it set up to say "Nah just a little busy atm"

I myself have run bots before but these was in my Lineage 2 days to farm materials, find a nice spot out of the way and just farm enemies for materials.
    "Your opinion is like an asshole, I don't need to hear it"
    "Just coz it's wrong, doesn't mean it ain't right"
    "The problem with non conformists is they’re all the same."

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked because it's not really constructive anymore.

And, a bot can be as smart as the person who programmed it. There's really no reason a bot couldn't pvp adequately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE