Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Didn't realize resto would be so easy

I leveled my shaman as enhance until level 82 when I got tired of the Cata dps queues, so I bought dual spec and rounded up some resto gear.

Last night I hit 85. I purchased a few truegold bars and crafted me an epic shield which got me to 328, quested in Twilight Highlands for about 30-40 minutes and got up to 331 using a quest reward and an Honored rep reward.

This was the state of my shaman, except I purchased a 346 belt to replace a green I used:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alfunde/simple

I queued up for a heroic as soon as I got my ilevel. Purchased some gems (the enchants came from my druid which is a max level enchanter with a couple bags full of enchanting mats) and the queue popped. I got Dead-mines. A bit scared. A fresh 85 in one of the longer dungeons?

It was amazingly easy. I never went oom. I only had to drink once after a big pull. We had some deaths but they weren't my fault. Like people dying to the mario beams, the tank dying to a harvest on Foe Reaper, etc. Nothing healable.

After all the ridiculously bad shamans I have had in random heroics, I figured it would be hard, but it seemed even easier than druid if anything.

Edit: I ilevel cheated a bit and queued up as about 327 using enhance gear.

Deleted
    We have been buffed, and heroics are easy now with the 3x times stacking luck of the draw buff... When i first entered heroic deathmines (my first heroic btw like yours) in a random we got to the second boss but not beyond... Plus nobody was equipped at that time... (and we didn't have a single luck of the draw buff... less health, less healing, less dmg)

Yes heroics are easy to heal now
    Like i said before, whith the buff we are at the place i think we should be now.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I just realized that I completely forgot about Earth Shield and didn't use it even once or have it on my action bars, and that's supposed to be one of the major abilities I use while healing. Damn, this really is easy!

Deleted
    So you aren't into HC's yet?
    Things will change a bit then. Some HC's you can easily breeze through, though others require some more work.

Before they nerfed first boss in SFK, he was freakingly annoying at times. I have had so many wipes there, if the tank or dps didn't know how to stop Mend Rotting Flesh, because you end up running out of mana insanely fast.

But good that you enjoy the shaman healing at least. I love it myself, though I tend to get tired of running the HC's now after I got my dragon. But not all places will be easy, and it sometimes requires that DPS and tanks know what to do. Else it can be hell, as you don't have that many "oh shit" abilities to work with.

dm is probly one of the easiest heroics to heal out there, but ya all you gotta do is understand healing and resto isnt too complex at all. and as far as earth shield goes thats not a huge thing it only does like maybe 10% healing on the tank, but it provides the 10% healing increase on him. the only pulls in there that can do some damage are the 2 axe tossers and maybe a group of bubble makers if ur tank is bad. it also depeonds on whether you used cc or not and how geared your tank was. i dont use any cc in there when i tank and tell the tank not to cc if i heal if he can keep agro, but you may also have been donig that too.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    After all the ridiculously bad shamans I have had in random heroics, I figured it would be hard, but it seemed even easier than druid if anything.
    Pretty pointless comment to make considering the 4.0.6 changes and the hotfix. Before 15% luck of the draw, bad dps meant the group failed. Now your dps can be stupid again and you can heal them through it.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyKenobi View Post
    Pretty pointless comment to make considering the 4.0.6 changes and the hotfix. Before 15% luck of the draw, bad dps meant the group failed. Now your dps can be stupid again and you can heal them through it.
    Nope. I still run into bad shamans.

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 10:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teodo View Post
    So you aren't into HC's yet?
    Things will change a bit then. Some HC's you can easily breeze through, though others require some more work.

Before they nerfed first boss in SFK, he was freakingly annoying at times. I have had so many wipes there, if the tank or dps didn't know how to stop Mend Rotting Flesh, because you end up running out of mana insanely fast.

But good that you enjoy the shaman healing at least. I love it myself, though I tend to get tired of running the HC's now after I got my dragon. But not all places will be easy, and it sometimes requires that DPS and tanks know what to do. Else it can be hell, as you don't have that many "oh shit" abilities to work with.
    HC? I don't understand. I don't know anything that would have that acronym. Hellfire Citadel?

You bothered to have gems and enchants on your gear, and were at the appropriate gear level. Especially in light of the 13.6% healing buff and 15% more from Luck of the Draw, if you had come back and said it was hard, you'd just be bad. We have a very narrow set of abilities to use, 2 of which (HR and CH) are pretty much useless for 5 mans. The fact that you can use HW, GHW, HS, and Riptide is nice, but as with all healing, it makes it stupidly easy and boring when you're only using half of your skills. Also, no one ever said shammy healing was hard, just that the numbers were behind and we lacked some PvE utility.

Also, saying "even easier than druids" is kind of silly because druids have the most complicated and different style of healing compared to everyone else.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I learned how to heal playing druids so it comes naturally to me. I keep finding myself trying to apply Riptide to everyone and then Swiftmend it.

I use Chain Heal a decent amount in 5 mans. I think at least one of my boss fights, Chain Heal was over 40% of my healing done. I shouldn't be using it that much?

I definitely don't use Healing Rain much.

I have a boot enchant scroll in my bags but when I tried to apply it it said I need a 300 ilevel boot which made me burst out laughing. Oh well, I'm shooting for that Earthen Ring one and it won't take me too long to get it.

BTW where can I get a healing relic? There's the 700 valor point relic and the one from heroic Vortex Pinnacle but I'd like some super easy to get quest reward or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW where can I get a healing relic? There's the 700 valor point relic and the one from heroic Vortex Pinnacle but I'd like some super easy to get quest reward or something.
    Easiest would be Tattooed Eyeball (Made by inscription/buy from AH).

Other Options:
    Deadmines: Book of the Well Sung Song
    Vortex Pinacle: Captured Lightning
    Stonecore: Book of Dark Prophecies
    Quest: Spearwarden's "Lucky" Charm
    Last edited by TobyKenobi; 2011-02-23 at 12:07 AM.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll check it out. I feel dumb using an agi relic.

Well, I learned how to heal playing druids so it comes naturally to me. I keep finding myself trying to apply Riptide to everyone and then Swiftmend it.

I use Chain Heal a decent amount in 5 mans. I think at least one of my boss fights, Chain Heal was over 40% of my healing done. I shouldn't be using it that much?

I definitely don't use Healing Rain much.

I have a boot enchant scroll in my bags but when I tried to apply it it said I need a 300 ilevel boot which made me burst out laughing. Oh well, I'm shooting for that Earthen Ring one and it won't take me too long to get it.

Chain heal is fine when it does 0% overhealing, but bad when it does any. Some bosses give ample opportunity to use it, some don't. In 25 man raids though, it's like 20+% on every single fight, with another 30% from HR.

Heroics are basically nearing the point of Wrath already. If we walk into a heroic with our full epic geared players, we chain pull every single pack with little to no CC and each boss is blasted down in 1-2 minutes. (event bosses excluded like ripsnarl)

It's also never really been a struggle to heal 5 mans either. The last moderately tough 5 man I remember is the Sunwell one.

Generally you'll find bad healers are just people who just don't grasp it. Some people will never be good healers.

Some bosses can still be deadly though (...for stupid dps).
    Tbh no healer is really that hard to play (unless you are just bad at playing healers). I think people who don't get one class should try another though, I know great druid healers who don't really get shaman healing for example.

Deleted
    You came too late...

Please try to heal heroic stonecore 2 weeks after the release, with 60k mana, a tank with 120k hp, dps at 7-8k, without nerfs, without recent 15% shaman global heal buff, without others buffs shamans just got, without all the nerfs applied to heroics today.

Heroics are very hard. You are just amazing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    You came too late...

Please try to heal heroic stonecore 2 weeks after the release, with 60k mana, a tank with 120k hp, dps at 7-8k, without nerfs, without recent 15% shaman global heal buff, without others buffs shamans just got, without all the nerfs applied to heroics today.
    60k mana? I had more than that on dinging 85. If you only had 60k mana I'd have to ask: what kind of plans did you make? Did you research reputation at all? Maybe look on the AH or hit up some crafting buddies?

I was healing heroics with about 320 ilevel on my druid (used feral gear and cloth to game the ilevel requirement) about a week after the release of Cata, this isn't my first rodeo. Wasn't hard then. Wouldn't be hard then on a shaman either. I was just surprised at how easy, overall, the mechanics of the class are based on the people I get in my random dungeon finder. I still see druids going oom which is just like "wha? i mean WHA??????".

---------- Post added 2011-02-23 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Heroics are very hard. You are just amazing.
    Well I wouldn't call heroics hard but I would call myself amazing.

Deleted
    I got DM aswell for my first heroic. It was a guildgroup except tank and i got the iLevel by just buying the PvP-relic.

It went smooth as hell, oom a few times maybe but not that much.
    This was before any shaman-buff, luck of the draw etc.

I was amazed the HCs were so easy and since then, DM has been the easiest HC for me possibly .

1/10. Good try

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get this talk of HC. There's no way you could shorten heroic to hc. Abbreviations don't work that way.