Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    How exactly does decreasing mana cost by 9% outweigh 15% base mana? That seems pretty huge to me, considering I don't even have 100k yet.
    Not necessarily arguing, but it just seems like the numbers don't match up to what you're saying.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    How exactly does decreasing mana cost by 9% outweigh 15% base mana? That seems pretty huge to me, considering I don't even have 100k yet.
    Not necessarily arguing, but it just seems like the numbers don't match up to what you're saying.
    cast 100 spells costing 3k mana each, you save 27k mana, instead of getting 15k mana total~ which isnt much MP5

Im on my cell phone ATM so I can't provide an in depth answer. Hopefully beats me to the punch and explains it in better detail before I get home. Suffice say that every bit of math coming out of EJ say MG is better. Check out EJ for the math. Basically you save more mana over the course of a fight with MG than the extra regen you would have got from the larger mana pool.

Deleted
    I still use Nature's Swiftness as in heroics you can guarantee you'll get some idiot tank or DPS who doesn't do things properly and at that point you need that instant HT.

Natures Bounty I max out as I tend to use Regrowth on OOC procs as it does the trick for all but the tank, usually procs a Living Seed and provides a HOT for Symbiosis.

I don't know about Swift Rejuv or Gift of the Earthmother though. Swift Rejuv is only useful on fights where the DPS are being idiots or on Boss 1 of SFK after you're choked to 1% health. If I can help it I prefer to not let Lifebloom expire unless it's on DPS from being a Tree so half of that talent is wasted but I don't know how effective having the 15% instant Rejuv heal is. Opinions as points saved in those 2 talents could help me get some in Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Ok, I have another question. I've reforged and regemmed a little, and I just hit the 2005 haste "breakpoint" (2036 haste to be exact). So, I should stick with my current gemming so that I don't go under 2005 haste, right? Or am I not understanding this breakpoint thing properly.
    Also, about spec,
    I played around on the talent calc and I came up with something a little less Resto tree heavy, putting more points into balance for Genesis, but only manage to get 2/3. Is this spec fine?
    http://wowtal.com/#k=Dq61TbZtV.aei.druid.
    RE: the gemming, yes, you can trade out one of the Int/haste gems for straight Int. I would probably swap out the belt or boot gem, and since you are easily at the 2004 breakpoint now, there isnt a reason I could think of to drop below it.

Re: the spec. If you find yourself hardly casting regrowth, that should work fine, but I do prefer Nature's bounty over BoTG and 3/3 GoTEM, because I cast Regrowth, or 3 RJs, enough for it to be worth it. I would put the points from genesis into Moonglow and drop one point out of Furor, for where youa re currently at. Once you get used to the mana demands of your raids or 5mans or whatever, then move points from Furor and potentially Moonglow into Genesis as your mana usage allows.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2011-02-23 at 07:12 PM. Reason: syntax

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all your help and tips on Druid healing. It's been much help, and I feel like I have a better grasp on the spec now. Cheers.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE