Deleted

Holy Renew build - Viable?

Hi there folks, this will be my first thread/topic. I have been playing WoW for ~2-3 years... or more or less. I don't really recall. It has been since the launch of BC really, or a tad later. My memory won't support me properly, but that's not the really something I'll be chatting with you about.

I have been playing priest since WoTLK, around the ICC phase start. This I did after a break from Alliance Warlock/Druid playing in BC. When BC ended... I just stopped playing, WoTLK felt like a bad omen or something. Anyways, somewhere around the end of WoTLK I decided to swap to Horde and play a priest. I first tried to play Disc. That really grabbed my attention due to the PW:S mechanic and ... due to being a priest you could cast PoM (I still love it). That combo with a 3 min Pain Suppression CD made Disc my spec of choice. I started to play a bit of holy too, just for the occasion and I even farmed a Shadow PvE and PvP set just because it was that easy near the end of WoTLK.

I never did the excessively ''hard'' heroic encounters and neither did I do any true early progress raiding back then, and I still just can't get to that due to lacks of time. I did however learn to play a priest quite fine and I really enjoy playing Holy (Disc too, but not atm due to Holy catching my eye again). I playing Disc for a while and then when I had some pug at Atramedes I decided to swap to Holy - Spec a spec that suited me and just give it a go. It was AWESOME. I was in plain awe seeing what holy could do again, the regen, the speed buffs and the insane Chakra dancing.

Anyways, now Holy has been my ''MS'' I've been practicing by doing whatever I can and I came to the conclusion that Holy is simply too good in some functions. One being raid healing. Raid healing can be done using multiple skills (Think of PoM, PoH, CoH, HW: Sanct, Div Hymn, Holy Nova and Lightwell). Now, since renew was redesigned slightly I decided to take a closer look to how it functions (in practice, I am not the best theorycrafter) in a raid spam environment utilizing Inner Will (that spell is underrated, it is quite insane). The hps that Renew can pop is insane while still keeping up manawise. It beats the nerfed PoH by far and back up skills as CoH - HW: Sanct. Now the thing is, due to being a slacker at Theorycrafting I don't know anything about the new haste bps, so effectively I do not know how to get full benifit from this. What I can tell you now, is that my experience with Renew is quite entertaining as well as simply satisfying.

My gear is not the best (I am unlucky at shoes/wands)... yes they are greenies :<. Even though I am running in some epics and always topping the pug healing meters as well as my guilds. What I want to know though is if there is anyone who also experimented with AoE Renew (with backup skills as CoH/HW) and found this effective.

Also you could take a look at my character Anhemus - Frostwhisper. He is the only one by that name and due to WoW-europe being dead atm I cannot provide a link. My spec is chosen the way I did due to making it easier for both myself and mates to heal me and be able to go on with my duty as healer.

I hope to hear some positive feedback on Renew and AoE healing on it's own in this thread!

Regards,

Arend -

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really use Renew as your "go-to" spell anymore, like you could in WotLK. It's not a bad spell, but its mana cost stops you from spamming it on everyone who takes a bit of damage. I still use Renew rather often, always on the tank and on DPS/Healers I can't really focus my healing on, but if you want to top someone off either do it with AoE heals or just cast a Heal on them when you have the time.
    Resurrected Holy Priest