Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you tackle Conclave of Winds 10M?

I'm in a very casual 10-man guild that raids one night a week for a few hours. We've easily downed Magmaw, Omnitron Defense System, and Halfus Wyrmbreaker.

Hearing that Conclave of Winds is basically the new lootreaver, we headed over to Throne of the Four Winds to spend our limited time tackling him. Our goal was to get a solid foothold in all the raids to drum up support for a 2nd raid night each week to progress further.

Anyways, Conclave of Winds is kicking our butts handily. I know, we're terrible and we should all cancel our accounts, but short of that how do you tackle conclave of winds?

We've read some strategies, watched tankspot videos, and tried a few tricks and none of it seems to work.

Quite frankly, it is a sore spot with us because how easily the encounter is supposed to be.

Do you guys just leave one DPS (shadowpriest or warlock) on the wind boss?
    Does your tanks swap between nature and frost bosses, or do they stay put?
    Does your DPS stay on nature boss except during the ultimate phase, or do they stay on frost and only hope over to nature to nuke the adds and jump back?

I just feel like we must be missing some fundamental aspect of the fight and that we're overcomplicating it.

1 healer, 2 ranged dps on wind boss, 2 ranged dps move to ice boss when he does ulti. tanks for nature/ice is the same, they don't switch at all. ALL DPS move to ice during ulti. nuke adds before the nature boss even get near to his ulti.

A lot easier to use the guide on tankspot

healer and one dps on the wind boss, tanks didnt swap, and they swap 50:50
    Last edited by capslocked; 2011-02-23 at 12:33 AM.

We usually do it like so..

Me (DK Tank) & Resto Druid -> Nezir (Frost)
    Warr Tank & Holy Priest & Melee (Sometimes 1 ranged) -> Anshal (Nature)
    Resto Shaman & Rest of our ranged -> Rohash (Air)

When they do their emotes about almost to full strength we have tank+healer swaps & all dps goes to Nezir while leaving the resto shaman on Rohash's platform.

Repeat until dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is what we do:
    We have 2 teams that consists of healer+tank. 1 team starting on Anshal and 1 team starting on Nezir. We have 1 healer and 2 ranged dps on Rohash. The rest of the DPS starts on Anshal.
    When they reach 76-80 energy, we switch the tank/healer teams around (the 2 starting on Anshal jumps to Nezir and vice versa). We keep one healer on Rohash, and have all DPS'ers move to Nezir to minimize the damage of his ulti. When ulties are over, all dps'ers return to their original platform. At this point, we start paying attention to the HP of Rohash and Anshal. We will usually have Rohash a bit lower than Anshal, and if that is the case, we have one of the ranged switch to Anshal.
    From here, we will coordinate the damage done to Anshal and Rohash, so that they die at roughly the same time. When they die, everyone jumps to Nezir, and the tank coming from Anshal will taunt Nezir (since the current tank will have stacks of wind chill). We pop Bloodlust or Timewarp and burn him to the ground.

Our setup is

1 Pala tank (due to frost resist) 1 healer on ice boss
    1 tank 1 healer 3 dps on Nature boss (need tank or healer to have frost resist)
    1 healer 2 ranged dps on wind.

When dps have taken down adds on nature boss. Tank and healer on frost jumps over to nature and all of nature group moves to frost (to minimise frost stacks). Before ultimate hits dps from Wind also jumps over to frost to minimise aoe damage that is shared. After ultimate DPS returns to original positions. As soon as Nature boss adds is down the tank and healer on frost jumps over to nature. Then it is more or less just keeping up with wish boss has to much health and devide dps so that everyone dies at almost same time. more or less rinse and repeat.

We have had abit of problems with trying it without resitances on the frost part due to extreme damage after a few stacks of frost debuff is up.

Good luck

if you have a DK tank that isnt bad.com, they can sit fulltime on the ice boss

when he has ~under 1 sec on CHANNELING his ultimate (i.e. he's almost DONE casting it, not when he starts) pop AMS, 95% of the time, you will have it up when he tries to refresh the stacking debuff, and poof, dosnt refresh and your stacks fall off. my guild has been killing it this way since like 3rd week of cata,

glyph of AMS can help as well, sometimes if he does the frontal frost breath attack right after you get REALLY close to losing AMS before he tries to refresh stacks.

this helps with mob control as green/blue tanks never change, and the bosses remain exactly where you want them to the whole time.

We used to do it like Brixen, but found it took alot longer to do and ended up changing our strategy after a few kills

Air :: 2 ranged and 1 healer
    Frost :: Other 3 DPS, Tank/healer team
    Nature :: one of the tank/healer teams

Two tank Healer teams, Switching right before ultimate between nature and frost bosses.
    the Three DPS work on Getting Frost down sub to 5-10%. Air DPS come over for his Ultimate.
    At ~30 energy when nature adds spawn, Frost dps go to nature boss and kill adds. This resets frost stack on dps.
    Once Frost is <10%, we bring 1 or both of rohashes DPS depending on his health to join the main group. All dps goes to Nature.

All of the Healing he does is moot now becuase he had no dmg done to him.
    After a frost ultimate soak, we burn Hero with the 4-5 dps on Nature and kill him, ignoring adds (they despawn).
    Fly over to Frost: Melee continue onto air, ranged dps as they run by and kill frost.
    Everyone finishes up at Air, and kills him before/during the ultimate is cast.

on our last kill in 10man, our tank was able to get Frost down to 150k hp while we killed nature boss.

this is definitly the way to go if your having problems with Natures healing wells (which seem to have a larger healing radius then the graphic). Getting the last healing well in the middle before he does an ultimate can heal 20-25%+
    Last edited by Quietmode; 2011-02-23 at 12:48 AM.
    Tank Extraordinaire

HI!

So I'll answer your question - it's actually a pretty simple encounter. But first we'll need to know your raid make-up as that will change the strategy.

IN GENERAL:

1 tank + 1 healer on Nezir ( Frost boss)
    all ranged on Rohash ( Wind boss) ( we have a s'priest healing this group)
    1 tank + 1 healer + melee on Anshal ( nature boss w/ adds)

How we do it:

Pally Tank + Pally healer on Nezir , we send everyone (except Anshal tank - Anshal healer ) to Nezir's platform @ 75 energy and they stay until the AE is completed then send them back to their respective platform.

Ranged on Rohash ( avoid cyclones- otherwise raid gets silenced( if no ones in range of Rohash - other than the power up phase) and you die horribly)

Melee + tank + heals on Anshal- melee here helps deal with the adds quickly - the tank needs to pop CDs during his ultimate ( power up).

Now the healer on Nezir & either (Rohash or Anshal) will need to switch every power up phase ( 75 energy- to 0 energy) And if you don't have a pally tank, the tanks will need to switch every power up phase between Nezir & Anshal- as Nezir puts a stacking debuff on the tank that can only saftely be held to about 13-15. ( depending on gear maybe lower)

The general Idea is to get Anshal & Rohash down to 0 then have everyone meet up on Nezir's platform- pop lust and burn. ( make sure Anshal is completely at 0 and all adds are dead during "last" power up phase or he will heal and they will reset to 100%)

Our Makeup:

Pally Tank } Nezir
    Pally healer }

Shadow Priest}
    Hunter } Rohash
    Mage }

DK tank }
    Disc Priest }
    Rogue }Anshal
    feral druid }

Now our last slot is usually filled by a third healer that actually switches with the Nezir healer during power ups- but we also have them go DD ( after the 1st time doing it- we realized we never needed 3 healers to begin with- maybe a good idea for your group though- unless you have dps issues.)

Im the Nezir tank and I just bubble off my wind chill stacks @ 14 and use WoG to heal myself as threat is a complete non issue- so I never ever have to switch with the other tank. He just taunts during the burn phase and I dps the boss with Insight on and keep myself alive thorough the debuff. ( its really a non issue at this point.)

So depending on your make up- the general idea is tanks and healers need to switch either RIGHT before - or RIGHT after every power up phase. Once Rohash & Anshal are down to 0 HP ( and all adds are dead) everyone piles on Nazir - the Anshal tank ( whomever that is right before the burn phase) Will taunt Nezir and your raid burns him down ( you have 1 minute) and win.
    insert PC something here

You're terrible and should cancel your account. Would be a bit easier if you wrote the reason for your wipes since you apparently don't need help with the actual tactics since you watched guides.

Our setup is usually:

1 Paladin tank
    1 Druid tank

1 Priest healer
    1 Paladin healer
    1 Shaman healer

1 Warlock DPS
    2 Shadowpriest DPS (or 1 Shadowpriest and 1 Hunter)
    1 rogue DPS
    1 DK DPS

I know conclave is a coordination fight and is supposed to be easy if people do their platforms properly. The problem is that we can't quite figure out the best platform strategy for our group.

We have the wind boss handled fairly well. We usually put the warlock and a shadowpriest on wind boss and the warlock jumps back and forth during ultimate phases while the shadowpriest levitates.

What we're struggling with is nature and frost guy. I didn't think it'd hurt to ask others at MMO Champion their successful strategies to see if we were overlooking something. We have zero issues with ODS so I know we're not full morons in the coordination department. Either we aren't using our group makeup optimally or we're overcomplicating something or flat out doing something wrong.
    Last edited by bloodwine77; 2011-02-23 at 01:16 AM.

Deleted
    Hey there,

You'll make this fight heaps easier if you get yourself set up with a third tank, or if you get your DK to tank Nezir. The reason for this, is Nezir stacks a debuff on anyone who remains on his platform which increases the frost damage they take. Over time your tank will likely take damage too fast and will run your healers OOM.
    A DK tank can solo tank Nezir, as by using Anti-Magic Shell as soon as the Ulitimate move has ended, they can prevent an application of this debuff and let the debuff run out before it re-stacks.

We do this set of bosses with the following set up: I shall label members as "fluid" and "static" to indicate if they shall switch platforms at any stage. The Platform I've listed here is where they start the fight.

Ice Platform:
    Paladin Tank 1 (fluid)
    Resto Druid (fluid)

Life Platform:
    Paladin Tank 2 (static)
    Paladin Healer (static)

Air Platform:
    MM Hunter (static)
    Resto Shaman (fluid)

DPS Squad: (starting on the life platform)
    Frost DK (fluid)
    Unholy DK (fluid)
    Fire Mage (fluid)
    Feral (Bear) Druid (fluid)

I'll start with the Static players first.
    Paladin Tank 2 and our Paladin Healer stay on the life platform for the entire fight. The Prot paly tanks the boss, and only the boss. The healer's two jobs are to keep 'Paladin Tank 2' alive, and one of the other two tanks alive, whichever is on that platform at the time. Our Holy Paly will heal the DPS on his platform if their is a need, however we shall top our DPS up to 100% HP during the ultimate on the North platform, so as long as they arive at the North platform alive, then all is well.

The Hunter will remain on the Wind Platform, taking chunks out of the bosses HP, his only two tasks are to make sure he dodges Wind Blast and to reduce the damage he takes at the ultimate as much as possible. It's worth noting that our Hunter is an engineer, and he uses a parachute to greatly reduce the damage he takes on the ultimate.

Onto the Fluid players:
    We'll start with those which start on the life Platform.
    Our Feral Druid starts on the life platform, and picks up the adds when they spawn, and generates a butt load of threat on them. The DPS keeps their damage on the boss at first. At 65 Energy our DPS throws all their AoE at the adds, and destroys them before moving to the Ice platform to help eat the ultimate, and to load DPS off on Nezir. The Druid shall move with them. During the Ultimate our Druid will take over tanking of Nezir and the DPS Squad shall rain damage on him.

After the Ultimate, our Feral Druid shall remain at the ice platform tanking Nezir, Paladin Tank 1, and the DPS Squad will move back to the life platform to DPS the life boss. When the Adds spawn Paladin Tank 1 shall tank them, just as the Druid did.

Our Resto Druid and Resto Shaman also rotate their positions to remove the debuff from themselves. We do this as follows.
    Our Resto Druid shall remain on the Ice Plaform for the Ultimate, our Resto Shaman shall also move to the North Plafrorm just before the Ultimate, so both healers are at the North Platform together for the Ultimate. At the end of the Ultimate the Druid shall quickly move to the Wind Platform to heal our Hunter back up. They continue to rotate like this for the whole fight, with both being on the North platform for the Ultimate, and the healer who's turn it is to move to the Wind Platform moving to it quickly after each Ultimate to keep our Hunter alive.

Well, that explains how our players move within the fight, now I shall summarise the fight:

-Paladin Tank and Healer on Life Boss at all times. Tank pops some CDs after the Ultimate, as the bosses Damage increases for 15 seconds. This tank must move the boss out of the Green circles fast, as they will heal the boss rapidly. The life boss should never be tanked in the centre of the platform, as it will teleport there during the Ultimate, and shall heal up a large amount of HP if it's sitting on a green patch. Our Tank always tanks the boss at the south of the platform, so the adds can be tanked at the North of the platform, to reduce the run time needed for the DPS squad.

-Feral Druid and second Paladin Tank Switching between tanking Nezir and the adds on the life boss. On Nezir they just need to move off Ice patches and face the boss away from anyone else on the platform because it does a wind breath. When tanking the adds, they should pull them all away from the Life boss and any healing circles.

-Resto Druid and Resto Shaman switching between Healing the tank at Nezir and the Hunter on the Air platform. Both are on the Ice platform for the Ultimate. They need to move off the patches of Ice at Nezir, and make sure they dodge the Wind Blast on the Air platform. They shall need to pump out a decent amount of AoE healing through the Ultimate too - this should be easy with two healers and 7 people on the Ice platform.

-Hunter remains on Air boss at all times, and is the only player on that platform for the ultimate - also uses a Parachute to reduce the fall damage taken at the end of the Ultimate.

-Our DPS squad shall load their DPS off in the following order;
    -Life boss until 65 energy
    -Adds until 80 energy (the tank has had huge time to develop threat, the DPS must be able to throw all manner of huge AoE's at this adds to kill them within 20 energy, if the DPS is not high enough for this, move to the adds earlier)
    -Move to the Ice Platform for the Ultimate, DPS the ice boss.
    -Move back to the Life platform as soon as the ultimate ends, DPS the life boss until 65 energy.
    -Adds until 80 Energy.
    -North platform for the Ultimate, pop heroism and kick ass.
    -Remain on the Ice boss until Heroism ends.
    -We then send our Mage to the Wind Platform to help DPS that boss down.
    -The rest of the DPS squad heads back to the life platform, the only difference is they kill the adds around 55 energy, before moving North for the ultimate (the mage also moves back to the North for the ultimate).

This is where we split our DPS up. At this Stage the life boss is on 5%, the Ice Boss on 10%~ and the Air Boss on 20%~.
    We send one DK back to Life boss to finish it off.
    We send the fire mage and the other DK to the Air Boss to help the Hunter kill that.
    Paladin Tank 1 and our Feral Druid stay at Nezir and kill him.
    The DKs, Mage and Hunter all move North after their bosses are dead to help kill Nezir, however they always find that the boss has already died before their arrival.

This is how we do it, and we one shot it every week, however, with Al'akir dead we're not going to kill them again for a while!
    Though we're looking forward to doing these three on Heroic soon!

Hope it helps. Good luck!
    Last edited by mmocf05116bedc; 2011-02-23 at 10:49 PM.

I get stuck on Rohash's platform and ALWAYS get knocked off at 2% much to my guild's amusement. I have never been on a platform except the starting platform and Rohash's.

On our first kills we had :

3 Tanks (a little overkill)
    4 DPS
    3 Healers

We had Pala tank, Pala healer on frost boss (bubble the stacks at 16) which means there is no needed for tank swaps

We had 2 ranged and a healer on wind boss, (1 ranged went over to nature boss after 1st ultimate)

1 Healer, 2 Tanks, 2 DPS on nature boss.

The only issue we ever had (when we were in blues) were getting the adds down, or the adds healing to full after being in a healing circle, so we used 2 tanks, one tanked the boss, one picked up the adds and moved them to the other side of the room.

Im not saying this is a good strat, but it worked for us on our first kills and its an alternative way of doing it.

Everyone has their own tactic. We just left a lock and a healer (the weakest healer, you can carry this healer pretty much in just heroic ready gear, but if the lock isn't an engineer or a very well geared afflock they won't quite be able to survive alone, my friend can, I can't, so I go destro and burn it hard instead). Then we have 2 tanks+ healer teams which switch before every ulti and the DPS all go to the frost platform at switch time, while the ones who were already on frost leave after the ulti. We tend to leave a single strong sustained AOE DPS on the nature platform. Their job is to control adds. Finally we DPS Anshal to 25% (1 mil) Nezir to 15% (1mil) and then burn anshal, nezir, rohash. If any DPS is struggling to take it, lower the percentages or whatever. When everyone reaches rohash, hero is popped. Can be pretty tight in execution, if a DPS dies early or does follow the group it gets ugly. Tanking nezir will drop him lower than 1mil, this is fine as long as he's not DPSed down, which DPS need to be careful of if they're shifted on to nezir for the ult before anshal is dead.

Deleted
    How we do it is having 2 tank + healer teams, a 3rd healer and 5 dps.

The 3rd healer and 2 ranged dps (preferably those who are stronger single target and perhaps weaker on aoe) go to Rohash.

1st tank + healer team goes to Nezir.

2nd tank + healer team and the remaining dps go to Anshal.

When they reach around 75 energy:

Rohash: Healer stays alone for ultimate, 2 dps jump to Nezir

Nezir: Tank + Healer team jump to Anshal

Anshal: Everyone jumps to Nezir

When the ultimate ends the dps return to the platform they started on, the tank and healer teams stay put until the next time they reach 75 energy.

We try to get Rohash and Anshal down around the same time, then everyone jumps to Nezir, pop BL/TW and burn him before the 60s expires from the first one to die. It looks and sounds complicated when you try and explain it to everyone the first time in there, but after a few tries people should get the hang of it and then it becomes rather simple.

1 dps + 1 healer on wind
    1 tank + 1 healer on frost
    1 tank + 1 healer on nature

4 dps start at wind, dps him to 50%, move all the way to nature, kill adds, move to frost, stay there to absorb ultimate, dmg frost a bit, move back to nature to kill adds, back to frost to absorb, back to nature + heroism to kill nature, wind would die by this time from that single dps atking him, and every1 back on frost (whos got 10-20% hp usually at the time) = GG

use dk/pala tank + pala healer on frost so dk can magic shell at least sec b4 nxt tick of debuff to remove the stacks, and paladins can bubble around 15-20 stacks
    otherwise tanks need to switch between nature & frost at around 75% boss energy bar
    Sup

We divide in 3 groups

g1: Disc priest, Hunter and Mage. They start on the wind platform.
    g2: Resto druid, warrior tank. They start on the frost platform.
    g3: Resto druid, pala tank and the rest of the dps. We are on nature platform

We stay like this untill the first ultimate. At about 75 energy, the tanks and healers on the frost/nature platforms switch, while every dps on all the platforms move to frost, to soak the ultimate. The disc priest will stay put on the wind platform. After the ultimate the dps's switch back to their assigned platforms, maybe switching a dps from wind to nature, depending on the hp of the bosses. Rince and repeat at each ultimate. when they are all around 20%, all the dps goes to nature platform, and we zerg him down, before going to frost and lastly wind.

Should sum it up

10+ Year Old Account
    our setup is usually
    2 Shadow priests
    1 Disc priest
    2 Druids one tank one resto
    1 Rogue
    1 Shaman
    1 Holy paladin
    1 DK Tank
    1 Fire mage

2 Shadow priests at Wind just nuking him and healing if needed, VE will do most of the work.
    DK and Paladin at frost at the start
    The rest at the nature thingy boss!

Deleted
    What we do is that we keep two ranged dps with one healer on Rohash.
    Melee on Anshal with tank and healer.
    Tank and healer on Nezir.
    We burn Rohash and Anshal until they have like 80 energy, then the two ragned dps from Rohash jumps to Nezir and the healer will be alone with Rohash.
    Melee dps jump from Anshal to Nezir at this point also. Soak the frost ultimate and get some dmg to Nezir. Once the ultimate is over we switch back to the original positions, at this point we get Rohash and Anshal to around ~5-10% hp. When we can, we kill Rohash and Anshal on same time. Then everyone jumps to Nezir and burn it with lust.