Thread: Ipad 2

Ipad 2

So supposedly the Ipad 2 is being announced this Wednesday. I was very skeptical of the first Ipad but ive seen it in use a lot and knew the Ipad two had to be close, so ive made plans to buy the new Ipad on launch day (whenever that may be). The only Apple product ive ever bought is my ITouch 1g, which beside the fact it is horribly outdated now, i have never had any problems with. What im curious about is AppleCare, is the $99 worth it? I plan to be buying the WiFi 32gb Version of the Ipad, thats $600 i for sure dont want to see going down the drain.

iPad=iPod Touch w/ large screen, less mobility, 3x the cost.

Eh, apple products have a tendency to not break down. The iMac, and 2 laptops I've owned from apple, as well as 2 ipods all have never had a single issue until that applecare plan would have ran out (iMac's HDD died after 6 years of use).

Extended warranties are almost never worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by njorde View Post
    iPads are actually pretty damn nice to have as a convenience, but only that. I wouldn't ever recommend one over an actual computer, but when used in conjunction for school or otherwise they're quite nice. Although they're obviously nowhere near powerful enough right now, I flat out guarantee you tablets are the future of computing.

Quote Originally Posted by njorde View Post
    I would've agreed with you not long ago. Though my iTouch is so outdated I can no longer update to the newest iOS, and as i am a college student the money i may save in the long run buying books on itunes will be nice im sure. I would just buy a iTouch 4g (5g coming in the near future im sure) but text books on a small screen like that... ya my vision isnt THAT good lol. Overall though i think i agree with Bloogmayj

---------- Post added 2011-02-22 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    iPads are actually pretty damn nice to have as a convenience, but only that. I wouldn't ever recommend one over an actual computer, but when used in conjunction for school or otherwise they're quite nice. Although they're obviously nowhere near powerful enough right now, I flat out guarantee you tablets are the future of computing.
    Im sure they are, heck Ipad two is rumored to be a dual core processor, give it a few years and we will have quad cores in them. A laptop or a tablet will never replace a good Desktop (which i have), but id much rather carry a thin tablet with a nice battery life around campus than a thicker heavier laptop with a shorter battery life.

Back to the original question is Apple Care worth it? In a word no. If you are interested in a warranty for your ipad I'd look at the best buy. They have a accidental product replacement plan. Not sure how much it costs, just know that IF something were to happen to your iPad they just look it over and hand u a new one. At least that is how it happened for my friend.

Ipad = NO mulitasking, flash support, widgets, camera/webcam, phone/video call, removable battery, memory card slot, usb ports, GPS receiver, HDMI or VGA port, TV or FM receiver, cd/dvd or Blue-ray, OS X, Text editor. In other words waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by Alan1187 View Post
    Eh, apple products have a tendency to not break down. The iMac, and 2 laptops I've owned from apple, as well as 2 ipods all have never had a single issue until that applecare plan would have ran out (iMac's HDD died after 6 years of use).
    Not to mention the iPhone 4 fantastic piece of hardware that...

The IPAD is a Giant Netflix watch instantly device, and it OWNS when it comes to that. Other then that, I haven't found any other uses for it.