Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Is this entire topic related to Blizzard's post about druids and shamans getting a "healing cooldown"? Why do people continue to assume they're talking about a burst healing cooldown?

They're talking about giving a damage reduction CD.

I'm not saying this because it's what I want them to give us (that's irrelevant to the argument); I'm saying this because it's the only logical thing they can be referring to. Try not to get your hopes up for a burst healing CD. We're not going to get one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the bad arguments for or against certain changes:

1. "We're not disc priests. We don't need Pain Suppression."

I could go into long debate regarding this thought, but I'll try to keep it short: yes we do. There are many encounters (especially on HM, and particularly in 10 man) where you have to time and coordinate damage-reducing CDs, whether it be from the tanks or from healers, in order for the tanks/raid to survive. A group that doesn't bring enough priests or paladins is pretty much forfeiting the ability to kill certain bosses because they simply cannot survive the incoming damage. In other words, a group that brings too many druid/shaman healers is screwed in HMs.

2. "We don't have enough burst healing CDs." or "Our burst healing CDs are too weak."

Perhaps you don't like the burst healing CDs we have, but they do exist. We have Tranquility, Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness and Tree of Life. (Please don't start a debate about how weak/useless these CDs are - if you do, you're missing the entire point of this post.) Why would Blizzard say druids need healing CDs and be referring to bust-healing CDs when clearly we have some already? It's illogical to assume these are what Blizzard was referring to with that blue post.

3. "Damage reduction CDs aren't as important/useful as people claim." or "I don't want to give up my self-use damage reduction CD (Barkskin) by having it be cast-able on tanks."

(This assumes the CD we're getting is the ability to cast Barkskin on others.) See point 1 above. Just because they're not needed for all encounters doesn't mean they're not needed. If we have to give up a personal CD in order to throw it at a tank, WE SHOULD ALL GLADLY MAKE THAT SACRIFICE. The alternative is that we sit there and watch the tank die, knowing there's nothing we could have done to keep him alive, while Barkskin remains unused.

4. "We already bring a lot to the raid: Rebirth, Innervate, Tranquility, etc. Why should we get this as well?"

That's a fair point (and would have been a much stronger point back in WotLK where Rebirth is concerned). But let's consider each of these things we bring.

• Rebirth is capped in it's number of uses (you can only use 3 on 25 man and 1 on 10 man every 10 mins or while in combat) and shares this cap with Soul Stone. Most 25 mans will have more than enough of these available. And if you have at least 1 warlock or at least 1 other druid in your 10 man, you have the 1 rebirth per fight covered. It's not AS unique because of the limitations Blizzard put on it.
    • Innervate is far more often than not going to be reserved for the druid. Every once in a while the druid will be fine on mana while another healer needs it.
    • Tranquility is a very strong CD but I think a druid is rarely going to be brought to a raid because he brings Tranquility. There are plenty of fights where it's useful, but there's only a small handful where it's "needed." But because of it's long CD it's not very reliable if it's needed more than once. And it simply doesn't compare to the damage reduction CDs. It won't keep people alive who are about to get bursted down within 1 or 2 GCDs. (Again, I'm thinking HMs here.)

But even considering all of that, if you think we still bring plenty and don't need a damage reduction CD, consider this: Blizzard agrees with the many druids who think we do. If that doesn't convince you that there's at least some need for us to have this kind of CD, then I don't know what else I can say that will.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-02-24 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    I agree with most of your comments and I never said we didnt need paion supression, i said i don't want it, the last thing i want is for blizzard to recycle and old spell i'd rather have a wild growth like effect if we did have a mitigation CD the decreased in effectiveness as time went on. just something to change things up

Deleted
    Dont make barkskin targetable, bad option. Jus give us a damage reduction cd like pala and priest. Ever cast tranquilty without barkskin and after 1 sec your cast is interupt because of some damage? that whas fun wasnt it. So, barkskin just for druids and a new spell for tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an idea. Why not make our current Living Seed stack with itself? Not working out of combat to prevent build ups before charge.
    That way you could spam up a few autocrit-regrowths on the tank and them actually benefitting from the crit.

RONG WHIT DOG!

I'm pretty sure Blizzard will look into doing something with the talent point that 90% of the druid popular is skipping over and that would Nature's Swiftness. Ironically guess who else has the same problem as druids and has a spell in their talent tree gathering dust? Resto shamans - BINGO!

We may see some form of a cooldown that is VERY similar to one another for both resto shamans and resto druids. They probably will take the place of Nature's Swiftness and be something is either damage reduction related or increase heal related. Some say shamans will get spirit link finally and it will work like Hand of Sacrifice. I can see druids getting something more similar to a guardian spirit though since they are almost holy priests already.

Deleted
    Natures Swiftness could use a change.

Increasing the effectiveness of the next spell used by 150% and makes it instant cast.

Naturally, Shaman would also get this change.