Seems like Ele is INSANELY gear dependant

This is my armory info since i cannot post links. Gobbawatt, Black Dragonflight server US.

First off on a standstill fight i can most of the time pull 17-18k dps, i have done ALOT of research,testing,you name it. My rotation is set, i keep elemental mastery on cooldown (and i make sure i have it up for lust+lifeblood+volcanic potion+fire elemental totem) i pre-pot as well. I'm honestly thinking it's my stump of time and my mainhand weapon. I've seen other ele's with practically the same gear,yet they have a 359 mainhand weapon and they do like 3-4k more than me. On high movement fights i do as well as a turret class can do, but in general it just seems like my weapon is my main issue. Also i just discovered askmrrobot.com and if the shaman calculators that roam these forums approve of said sim,i will use it to optimize the gear i have right now.

Deleted
    Ele is gear dependent but another problem is it is also RNG happy. Those other eles may have just got more Lava Surge procs than you, or they may have hit it faster than you, and not miss a single proc. I know on my ele i'm trigger happy with Lightning Bolt, infact so much so that I macroed /stopcasting into my LvB so I didn't miss a possible Lava Surge proc. It could be many things honestly.

No, we're not gear dependent, we just require no movement and rng favoring you.

In fact, ele usually scales horribly throughout tiers, proving that the gear means almost nothing...

First thing I notice is you've got more mastery than haste, I know with the 4 piece simcraft pretty much values them equally, but you don't have that and even with it I still like stacking haste over mastery. I reforge everything I can into haste, even everything with mastery.

Speaking of 4 piece, it makes a huge change in our dps...

They're not too gear dependent IMO, but Elemental DPS is so-so. Never really topping the charts in raids, but then again never dead last... We're smack dab in the middle. And 17-18k sounds about right..

Quote Originally Posted by mustangzs2 View Post
    No, we're not gear dependent, we just require no movement and rng favoring you.

In fact, ele usually scales horribly throughout tiers, proving that the gear means almost nothing...
    Mastery was designed to counter this, last expansion we would reach certain haste thresholds and basically plateau indefinitely until massive SP upgrades due to crits poor value. With Master benefiting from haste and having an indefinite "cap" on it we will scale better this expac IMO.

Only time can tell I guess.
    Last edited by Alsonia; 2011-02-23 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    First thing I notice is you've got more mastery than haste, I know with the 4 piece simcraft pretty much values them equally, but you don't have that and even with it I still like stacking haste over mastery. I reforge everything I can into haste, even everything with mastery.

Speaking of 4 piece, it makes a huge change in our dps...
    Run simcraft on a helter skelter fight rather than a patchwerk fight. Haste pulls back ahead.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

Not sure if you guys saw this or not, but I posted about some SimC findings here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Haste-Mastery

I didn't even test helter skelter fights since people often don't want to gear for those... but if you read my conclusions there I think it is safe to gear for haste on any fight with the gear in the game currently.

Notice that their offset piece for their new 372 stat weights test is the random loot legpiece (Haste/Spirit) from Al'akir. The only difference between it and the tier legs is that it has better sockets. This gives them +20 spirit over a tier legs setup where you ought to be using 2 +40 Int gems. They use the offset legs over the offset shoulders or gloves, which would give them reforgable spirit, which is essentially more haste/mastery in exchange for crit.

I don't know that I trust AMRs #s.

Edit: Looks like you also gain 21 Spirit and lose 19 Haste when going with the Al'akir piece. Interesting.
    Last edited by Gistwiki; 2011-02-23 at 08:53 PM.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com