Deleted

Top 1 resto druid on magmaw, gear and spec

Hi all resto druids and others,
    yesterday I was checking on worldoflogs the top 1 resto druid on Magmaw to compare with me
    and I found out that atm I'm using a wrong spec even If I was around top 200 on the same fight.

Now checking better I see that he doesn't seems to be interested in T11 4PC bonus, or at least he decided to take a lot of other Valor gear before that.

Do u agree with him?
    Is the 4PC T11 not worth it?
    Are u using the same spec?
    Do u always keep 3 rejuvenation up on 10man raids?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krander/simple

Tnx all.

Deleted
    i just checked your both armories and i noticed one thing (even tho i got no clue about druids)

kraendar reforged all to haste.
    boomayrea (your druid) reforged 190 haste to mastery and 59 mastery to haste?

i dont get why you reforge haste away for mastery and then you reforge mastery to haste?
    but from what i can see kraendar goes for haste only and you go for mastery instead

might make sense but as said above i got no clue about druids at all atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    i just checked your both armories and i noticed one thing (even tho i got no clue about druids)

kraendar reforged all to haste.
    boomayrea (your druid) reforged 190 haste to mastery and 59 mastery to haste?

i dont get why you reforge haste away for mastery and then you reforge mastery to haste?
    but from what i can see kraendar goes for haste only and you go for mastery instead

might make sense but as said above i got no clue about druids at all atm
    U have ur point but,
    I usually follow askmrrobot, a website to maximixe gear, and usually it works even if doesn't make sense to reforge like I do sometimes,
    as far as I know if u don't reach 2004 haste (wild growth cap) all ur haste over 900ish, is wasted. Maybe he can reach 2004 with elixir and raid buff, I used to reach 2004 2 weeks ago with other gear.

Tnx anyway

Deleted
    If you are aiming to reforge to the first haste "breakpoint" then you have over shot the mark by about 100 haste, you ideally want around 920 to be over the theoretical limit of 915 haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    If you are aiming to reforge to the first haste "breakpoint" then you have over shot the mark by about 100 haste, you ideally want around 920 to be over the theoretical limit of 915 haste.
    That's true, probably askmrrobot is not so good...

Deleted
    If you want to perfect your gear, you'll probably want to use something like Rawr or Simulationcraft instead.

I dont get why people keep raving about Rawr. It's not updated for the latest patch and doesnt even know about the new META gems.
    I would much rather use MrRobot than minmax for a obsolete patch with Rawr.
    Last edited by QuizTIC; 2011-02-23 at 11:07 AM.

One thing to bear in mind about worldoflogs which is certainly true for dps rankings (and I assume also for healing) is that the people in the top 10-20 or so generally got those ranks by receiving massive help from their raid. Maybe he was getting PI from one or more priests, presumably he was getting Dark Intent as well. If I were you I'd look more at the people ranking 20-40 to get an idea what top players are doing.

If you're genuinely trying to improve yourself and become a better player, the first thing to do is stop blindly following tools such as Mr Robot. As people have pointed out, a big consideration in resto druid reforging is haste tiers for additional HoT ticks. By all means read EJ and sim your character in Rawr/MrRobot/whatever, but do so only as an aid to your understanding, and always understand WHY you're gemming/reforging a certain way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Momome View Post
    One thing to bear in mind about worldoflogs which is certainly true for dps rankings (and I assume also for healing) is that the people in the top 10-20 or so generally got those ranks by receiving massive help from their raid. Maybe he was getting PI from one or more priests, presumably he was getting Dark Intent as well. If I were you I'd look more at the people ranking 20-40 to get an idea what top players are doing.

If you're genuinely trying to improve yourself and become a better player, the first thing to do is stop blindly following tools such as Mr Robot. As people have pointed out, a big consideration in resto druid reforging is haste tiers for additional HoT ticks. By all means read EJ and sim your character in Rawr/MrRobot/whatever, but do so only as an aid to your understanding, and always understand WHY you're gemming/reforging a certain way.
    I know mate, I also receives other 1 or 2 innervates usually by other druids
    Not the lock buff btw....I read EJ always and as I wrote haste between 920 and 2004 is all wasted as far as I know.
    I was using mrrobot till now, just slacking a bit, now aiming to 4pc and improve myself.
    For example I'm using blu trinket (stonecore one) even if I could replace that with 2 different epics, one of those better standing on mrrobot, the tol barad one.

I know i'm not a druid, but askmrrobot tells me I should stack haste as priority stat on my resto shaman.. are we sure this thing is really that up to date? Stacking haste for throughput is generally like saying druids should be stacking mastery for throughput.

On topic a bit, WoL top 50 is generally complete BS. Either a) the person is getting massive bonus from his raid, b) his healers are slacking terribly deliberately or c) his healers are really just that bad.

I never understand people competing for places on healing on world of logs. If your healers combined healing is less that another groups, their group could have failed. If his other 2 or 1 healers did terribly then thats another aspect.

The only way to win healing on WoL is to be in a complete fail group and to drag them through it kicking and screaming, it should not be aspired to; it should be avoided.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remortal View Post
    I never understand people competing for places on healing on world of logs. If your healers combined healing is less that another groups, their group could have failed. If his other 2 or 1 healers did terribly then thats another aspect.

The only way to win healing on WoL is to be in a complete fail group and to drag them through it kicking and screaming, it should not be aspired to; it should be avoided.
    Well ok yes but....let's go back to 2 questions:

1. Are u using the same spec?
    2. Is the 4PC T11 a good one?